Anybody building a muscle car??? vol. Post your project! (UPDATE pg.6)

Maaaaaaaan just drop the engine and do the brakes. HAve people thinkin its a hoopty and you burn there %!#

Originally Posted by kiid23

Maaaaaaaan just drop the engine and do the brakes. HAve people thinkin its a hoopty and you burn there %!#
word

my boy has a 347 stroker in his and he still has the 289 emblems on the fenders
laugh.gif

rodster831

this car is gonna cost me an arm and leg. if you dont know how to do the work yourself, be prepared to spend mad dough. thats what im going to do. what type ofmaro are looking to get?

car looks like crap, but under the hood is a different story, pics will be up in a minute...

i'll upload pics of the motor in a bit...

so far it has the new motor and ******, new rear axle, new brakes, new exhaust, and new dashboard. so it pretty much needs interior and exterior..probably justgonna have black interior for sure, but either black or a dark red exterior...still havent decided...

Nice pickup OP...GL on the job

I want to get a '67-69 Impala. I thought about the drop, but I want the hardtop. I got a model car that I'm trying to duplicate.

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by Munfy

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

drop in a nice crate motor
and a turbo 400 trans that can handle da power.

and a 9 inch rear end

i just don't know what i should do first, the paint or the engine?

Engine, trans, rear first then paint. Its a bad thing when you paint it then do something to it doing the motor work. Dont ask me how I know.

Paint first..it's gonna be a pain pulling the engine back out when it comes time to paint
OP are you doing this your self? Since your dropping a new motor just strip the whole car down, double check for rust .....sent it in too a bodyshop to clean it up and painted ...then drop a new motor in it ....easier to paint the engine bay w/o the motor in it
wink.gif

My body in a process of rebuilding a FJ40, he strip everything down too the frame ...double check for rust ...he cleaned everything up ...strip the motor andrebuilt it ...doing everything himself, but then again he owns his own bodyshop
tongue.gif

good pickup u def gonna stand out with a falcon dont see 2 many of those where as old skool impalas, camaros and mustangs have been done so much so good find

nice choice on the falcon, i always liked them. but right now i want a 50s or 60s chevy step side truck slammed on bags. just gotta finish school first.

Originally Posted by Let Me Post

i'll upload pics of the motor in a bit...

so far it has the new motor and ******, new rear axle, new brakes, new exhaust, and new dashboard. so it pretty much needs interior and exterior..probably just gonna have black interior for sure, but either black or a dark red exterior...still havent decided...
How long have you been working on it and are you get the racing strips?
I plan on restoring a 70 chevelle myself, my dad has a 72 also that he is still working on. Did everything himself except paint the car.

Originally Posted by FlyingEMU05

nice choice on the falcon, i always liked them. but right now i want a 50s or 60s chevy step side truck slammed on bags. just gotta finish school first.

dope
pimp.gif

my pops had a 55 step side many moons ago

Last month i got started on my latest project, 86 chevy monte carlo ss....currently having my boy build my motor....specs at the moment are to have 450 hp/tqto the wheels, ill keep anyone whos interested updated.

Originally Posted by jadams003

Last month i got started on my latest project, 86 chevy monte carlo ss....currently having my boy build my motor....specs at the moment are to have 450 hp/tq to the wheels, ill keep anyone whos interested updated.
pimp.gif

we should just make this the official nt muscle car update thread

^ those monte carlos are trash that aint no american muscle with that 305 but a 383 stroker and throw 26s on it.

if you gonna do american muscle cop a chevy.

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

^ those monte carlos are trash that aint no american muscle with that 305 but a 383 stroker and throw 26s on it.

if you gonna do american muscle cop a chevy.
A Monte is a chevy
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom