Anybody building a muscle car??? vol. Post your project! (UPDATE pg.6)

Originally Posted by Small Fee

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

^ those monte carlos are trash that aint no american muscle with that 305 but a 383 stroker and throw 26s on it.

if you gonna do american muscle cop a chevy.
A Monte is a chevy
laugh.gif
glad some one said it
laugh.gif
smh.gif

My kind of thread... Keep up the good work boys.... My 90 Mustang's about to go into hibernation pretty soon... Damn New England weather!!

updates? i like threads like this.

NINJAHOOD. whats your opinion on fox body mustangs? i want a 93 mustang
nerd.gif

was just talking to my brother earlier.. he wants to restore an old Camaro, and I wanna get an old 69 charger and restore it..

Need to take some new pictures.
'74 Plymouth Duster with a heavily modified 360 Magnum motor. Runs mid 11's in the 1/4 mile. I'll post pictures of the engine after I finishedthe build tomorrow.

Current Project. Since this picture I've redone the entire interior as well as sent off the gauge cluster, heater/radio bezel and glove box to berepainted/re-chromed/all gauges recalibrated, upgraded the rear to an 8 3/4 with 4.10 gears, new steelie wheels painted plum crazy, upgraded to front discbrakes and I'm in the process of building a 408" stroker with a goal of 550 hp and 580 ft. tq. Hoping to get in the mid 10's in the 1/4.

Originally Posted by RiverXBear

^ those monte carlos are trash that aint no american muscle with that 350 4 bolt main but a 383 stroker and throw 26s on it.

if you gonna do american muscle cop a chevy.
yeah i have a 85 mc with a 350 and 350 turbo ****** and a 85 chevy shortbed with a 350 and 350 turbo ******.
i just took my engine out of my truck to do a engine swap.
pimp.gif
it should beup a running by these weekend. yeah i row heavy chevy thats how we do it in Texas.
grin.gif

A month ago I was at my uncle's house he had a '82 corvette stingray which I believe is the last year they made the stingray. It was sitting inside hisgarage parked next to his datsun 280z and he had a chevy 350 motor on a stand too. He even had a Nova in front of his driveway. I knew I should have taken picsthough. He was trying to sell his cars to me but I didn't have money.

Originally Posted by eatmoreyeah

Need to take some new pictures.
'74 Plymouth Duster with a heavily modified 360 Magnum motor. Runs mid 11's in the 1/4 mile. I'll post pictures of the engine after I finished the build tomorrow.

Current Project. Since this picture I've redone the entire interior as well as sent off the gauge cluster, heater/radio bezel and glove box to be repainted/re-chromed/all gauges recalibrated, upgraded the rear to an 8 3/4 with 4.10 gears, new steelie wheels painted plum crazy, upgraded to front disc brakes and I'm in the process of building a 408" stroker with a goal of 550 hp and 580 ft. tq. Hoping to get in the mid 10's in the 1/4.
Nice Mopars man. Is that flywheel or wheel horse power you want out of your 408? I

Thanks man. Flywheel hp on the 408 stroker.

If this thread is still alive in the next couple of days I'll post some pictures of my new modern muscle car.

2010 B5 Challenger R/T Classic. Will be at the dealer this week
pimp.gif

Thanks man. Flywheel hp on the 408 stroker.

If this thread is still alive in the next couple of days I'll post some pictures of my new modern muscle car.

2010 B5 Challenger R/T Classic. Will be at the dealer this week
pimp.gif

I love my 408 small block. It's a magnum though and fuel injected.

Now its time to move on to my 68 runner and stroke the 383.

^ The 408" I'm building is a 2001 Magnum motor. Did you dyno your stroker? Do you have it in a Dakota?

I love runners. I'm currently looking at a '69. If I buy it I'm going to turn it into a A12 clone with a 440+6 pak with the lift off fiberglasshood.

What color and options on your roadrunner (you have the fender-tag info)?

I'll try to get some pictures of my dads collection. He has a Hemi-Orange T/A Challenger 340 6 pak, a 1970 Challenger convertible with a 440+6 pak and a'68 Coronet with a 426" Hemi.

Yeah it went in my Dakota, never got the engine dynoed but i'm going to get it dynoed when it's all done. It runs low 12's shifting just under 5000rpm, the lm-2 was saying 4970. Working on the ****** now and it is going to shift at 6000 rpm, I think I can get it down to mid 11's. I'm pretty happywith low 12's on the stock 46re, rear end, a race weight of 4200#, and a/c on blast to and from the track. You should look for an r3 block and build thatup, I wish I would of looked for one because the potential of those blocks.

The Road Runner was bought for the purpose to have a fun street car that would kill supras and cobras. I got it with out a fender tag because I planed oncutting it up but it is a true Road Runner, RM23 car. As it sits today it's a fun driver and I think i'm going to keep it that way until I find anumbers matching 70 runner 383, 4-speed, green. Then the single turbo 383 project will start.

The paint is dupont lemon glaze. It was originally electric blue not b5, which is the color its going to get painted after it's done. The hood has the 69stripes.

I love the mean look of the a12's. I actually looked at one about four years ago, needed restoration but at the time I didn't have any room to work onit.

nice cars folks!
eek.gif

im going to do the disk brake swap on my falcon next month. after that, it's paint time (i think)

here's my boys 347 stroker he got in his 66
pimp.gif

downsized1017091718f.jpg

I'll try to get some pictures of my dads collection. He has a Hemi-Orange T/A Challenger 340 6 pak, a 1970 Challenger convertible with a 440+6 pak and a '68 Coronet with a 426" Hemi.
Please, if you can.

^Munfy, lovin' the Roadrunner.

Those B-bodies look so dope with steelies and poverty caps.

There's a Mopar show here in November so I'll get some pictures of my dad's Challengers and Coronet along with some of our race cars (real '68Hemi Barricuda S/S and real '68 Hemi Dart S/S only 50 made of both).

Post some pictures of the Kota. Those times are really good considering how heavy it is. I'm sure it's a torque beast.

Great post, Team American Muscle representing correctly.

I'm on the fence as to what to buy for a project car. My cousin has a 65 mustang coupe with a 289 but I'm not a huge fan of the coupes. I've alwaysbeen a fan of 69-72 cutlasses

and to the guy that has a 72 cutlass, why go 700r when you can get a t-56 with that LS1?

And I wouldn't recommend getting a 9". Alot cheaper to ge a rebuilt 8.8 and it's just as reliable. I've done 4300rpm launchs on mine with4.10s and Mickey Thompson street slicks and it's holding up just fine, but I do have 31 spline axles.

And LMP, my car club is sponsorded by a wheel shop, hit me up if you want plug on the irocs.

I also need some advice for this.

I want something simple to work on and make it into a hobby at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom