Any Other "Mixed" NTers?

I'm "mixed", but full caucasian

My dad is from Iran, so he is technically caucasian, and my mom's family has been in the US for a few hundred years. Most recent immigrant was myGreat-Great-Grandmother from Ireland

^
Yea the club. Sounds like you already been at 17. I was just asking because I have nieces and nephews that are all mixed, and they tend to follow the culturethat belongs to their mom for now. They're from the ages of 3 to 6, and it's funny watching them argue about race.

I don't really know what I'm all mixed with, but I'm mostly black I guess. I know my mom's mom has Native American roots, my dad's mom iswhite, and both of my grandpaps where black.

Korean and a bunch of different European nationalities to list. Its cool being more Korean than any other nationality I guess. I was known in high school forbeing the one Korean though
smh.gif
Damn white people.

Originally Posted by FromThaTown

Originally Posted by Orangatrang

Originally Posted by ChrisShouraisei

Vietnamese, German and French.
Honestly I am tall 6 foot 5, bulky build, don't look so white honestly, look sort of dark for an asian mix.
Some people can never really tell what I am, so when I bust out my Vietnamese, people are like
eek.gif
I'm Vietnamese, and I was at 1015 in San Francisco when a light skinned black female said, "Anh co phe cong?"" I was like
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
, come again???? She was very exotic to say the least. I'm usually pretty good with recognizing Vietnamese people that's why it throws me off when I don't.

Edit: BTW, what culture do you both embrace more? Do you think it's pretty equal?
Definitely more with Vietnamese culture. It's how I was raised.

^
Aren't you glad you picked up on the language? I see you live in San Jose, big Viet community out there. Tet is always poppin down there.

Originally Posted by WaveyJonesLocker

Half white. Half black.

Mulatto POWER!
Word, except i look ghost white in the winter for some reason and people think I'm from peru or something lol.
peep avy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

My dad is Puerto Rican and my mom is Blk/White.

I really don't see myself as "mixed", but other people make a huge deal out of it. I've had people call me "different" before.

Like, what the hell does that even mean?
laugh.gif

Lol, Jehovah's witness came to my house... 6 year-old Nephew opened the door.

Lady asks. "Awww, Hi, what's your name, are you Vietnamese?"

Nephew goes, "Nuh uh, I'm English."

I'm full Vietnamese. Or well, it's what I believe, since I don't see any other differences in myself that would set me apart from other Vietnameseeven though my parents tell me differently. Except maybe ridiculously light-skin, but anyone gets that when you stay out the sun long enough.

I still don't understand why people go off about how mixed they are, when they're clearly not what they claim. I mean of course, traits don'talways go down the family. It's like they take whatever their parents tell them, or people make $*%$ up? LMAO. No offense to all the really"mixed" individuals.

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

I'm full Vietnamese. Or well, it's what I believe, since I don't see any other differences in myself that would set me apart from other Vietnamese even though my parents tell me differently. Except maybe ridiculously light-skin, but anyone gets that when you stay out the sun long enough.

I still don't understand why people go off about how mixed they are, when they're clearly not what they claim. I mean of course, traits don't always go down the family. It's like they take whatever their parents tell them, or people make $*%$ up? LMAO. No offense to all the really "mixed" individuals.

Wait what?

Originally Posted by Mangudai954

Originally Posted by DaBuddhaWitJays

I'm full Vietnamese. Or well, it's what I believe, since I don't see any other differences in myself that would set me apart from other Vietnamese even though my parents tell me differently. Except maybe ridiculously light-skin, but anyone gets that when you stay out the sun long enough.

I still don't understand why people go off about how mixed they are, when they're clearly not what they claim. I mean of course, traits don't always go down the family. It's like they take whatever their parents tell them, or people make $*%$ up? LMAO. No offense to all the really "mixed" individuals.

Wait what?
What was confusing about that?

My parents tell me my grandpa was half French, and my grandma from the other side was Chinese.

What's that make me... 12.5% French and 25% Chinese? (excuse my math if I got it wrong)

As if I'd throw that into any conversation. LOL

Dad: Black
Mom: Half white/ Half Indonesian

I could pass for fully black (most people probably do think that) if I didnt have this curly #++ hair

Back
Top Bottom