Any Other "Mixed" NTers?

When I was younger being seen as or deemed "mixed" felt like the kiss of death, but for some reason people act like it's the greatest thing inthe world. For my part, I just look like a light-skinned Black dude who can speak Spanish, but people seem to act that much differently after the fact theyfind out I'm Hispanic in addition to just being Black. Are there any other mixed bi-racial or multi-racial NTer's out there, and if so, does it makeyour life anymore different than the next person?

im half filipino half chinese but look full chinese

some guy i knew from high school is the same mix but he looks full filipino
laugh.gif

im lighter than nearly everyone i know too, including some caucasians. its pretty sad

Originally Posted by mytmouse76

im just regular black...
laugh.gif

my mom was talking to this kid today at my nephews football game. he was rather dark but had a nice complexion and reallygood hair. my mom asked him whatnationality he was and he said black/salvadorian/indian. then my moms asked what languages do you speak, he said black and spanish

Vietnamese, German and French.
Honestly I am tall 6 foot 5, bulky build, don't look so white honestly, look sort of dark for an asian mix.

LES where you from ? i know you said in a post you in austin , but bro if your a DR boy we in texas no one gonna think your hispanic,
i had a cousin who is a dark skin PR and DR mixed guy from my moms family come over one time , and everyone thought he was black , it
was funny when he busted out spanish to the mexican boys.

no, it doesn't really affect me.

on a sidenote, it really bothers me when someone gets asked their ethnicity and they want to name a million different countries they hail from. i.e."oh, i'm just german/vietnamese/thai/puerto rican/dutch/filipino/dominican/sudanese .. with a little native americanon my dad's side." it just seems unnecessary and a little obnoxious.

Originally Posted by ChrisShouraisei

Honestly I am tall 6 foot 5, bulky build, don't look so white honestly, look sort of dark for an asian mix.
Some people can never really tell what I am, so when I bust out my Vietnamese, people are like
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Orangatrang

Originally Posted by ChrisShouraisei

Some people can never really tell what I am, so when I bust out my Vietnamese, people are like
eek.gif
I'm Vietnamese, and I was at 1015 in San Francisco when a light skinned black female said, "Anh co phe cong?"" I waslike
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
, come again???? She was very exotic to say the least. I'm usually pretty good with recognizing Vietnamese people that's why it throws me offwhen I don't.

Edit: BTW, what culture do you both embrace more? Do you think it's pretty equal?

Back
Top Bottom