Any Golfers on NT?

Forgot to add these in:
My SC Ball Tool and Divot Fixer (kind of pointless but I thought they were cool)

Originally Posted by eaalto

Originally Posted by reigillm

How do you like that Warbird? I was OBSESSED with the idea of having one of those when I first starting playing. I thought they were the coolest clubs. Now they just sit in the used club bins at Roger Dunn for $10-$30, but I haven't pulled the trigger.

I adhere to the 14 club limit so I would have to delete something from my bag....

i like it very much. very light and its has the perfect clubhead shape for a fairway wood imo, that gives me the confidence that i will always hit a solid shot....but it been with me for 9 yrs... i think its time to buy a new pair...any suggestions?...should i go for titliest?.. or callaway?...
If it ain't broke don't fix it?  What kind of yardage do you get with the 3 wood/5 wood?
The only fairway/3 wood I have is a Tight Lies 16 degree, and I think it's time to be replaced because I only hit it around 200-220 yards, which is the same distance I can manage from a 3 or 4 iron, so why have clubs of equal yardage?

Personally, I've been looking at Titleist woods....
my average yardage i get from my 3w is 250 and 230 on my 5w.....how much are the latest fairway woods of titleist nowadays?....and hows the performance?

I think as a rule of thumb most NEW woods will run between 200-300 (maybe 400?). I didn't even bother looking at new woods last time (I'd rather save money and get an older but good condition used club), but I am going to look around today. I don't think that new technology necessarily means better technology. If you hit your 3/5 wood well, and at those yardages, I don't really see the sense in replacing them.

Don't know how many of your are Golf Galaxy email subscribers, but they are having their Ping Demo weekend and a buy three dozen, get one free sale on Pro V1's.

So I went and tried out a bunch of 3 woods...

Taylormade Burner
Nike SQ
Titleist 904F
Titleist 906F2/F4
Callaway "The Deuce" War Bird (I'm gonna snag this for $20, just too cool, and I love the name)

I am definitely sold on the 904F, I just want to find one without a gaudy shaft (the ones I saw were bright green, bright orange, and bright blue).

Hit at the range today HORRRRRRRRRIBLYYYYYYYYYY
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
Driver was pathetic, couldn't hit the ball straight at all. and the prices went up from $5 for a bucket to $8
smh.gif
smh.gif
my putting and chipping was pretty good though...

Im seriously scoping out new drivers on ebay... might go with the Nike VR or MachSpeed drivers... VR ive seen a few go as low as like $180 and the MachSpeeds for like $140-150 new.

What kind of driver are you hitting?

I used to play my best golf teeing off with a 3 wood, but I told myself I needed to get a driver to improve my game, and it has only made it worse.  I hit the occasional long and straight bomb, but the majority of the time I am inaccurate and my game suffers. 

I am dead set on getting the purest hitting 3 wood I have ever swung - Titleist 904F, I just haven't made my mind up on what shaft I want (steel/graphite).

I got a Cobra 400SZ that i bought a few years back... ive always liked it, love the sound, and love the way I can hit it while its cooperating but its pretty tempermental. Its a make or break club for me.

Played 9 yesterday, did so terribly. Embarrassing.

Finally figured out how to correct something on the 8th.

What's worse, I didn't do anything but read/study over the weekend so I had really no reason to be tired but I was out there struggling.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Played 9 yesterday, did so terribly. Embarrassing.

Finally figured out how to correct something on the 8th.

What's worse, I didn't do anything but read/study over the weekend so I had really no reason to be tired but I was out there struggling.
nelson-haha.jpg

Just playin'.

I didn't too well yesterday either.

I'm stuck in a rut.  I've been playing pretty bad these last 3 weeks.

*sigh* I hate this game.

BUT, I think I want to invest in some Taylor Made 09 Burner Plus irons eventually.  Maybe by the end of the Summer.

I may take my old 990's back from my friend and see how I do with those.

I will be retiring the greatest Driver ever soon.

Been playing for about 8 months and I am fully addicted. My low score is a legit 108 shot at The Hawk in Spring Branch, Texas.

My bag consists of

Nike Dymo SQ 9500 10.5 Driver

TaylorMade R9 5 Wood
TaylorMade R9 3 Wood

TaylorMade Burner 4 - P Irons

TaylorMade Rossa Lambeau putter

Nike SV wedges 54 and 58

Nike Zoom Vapor golf shoes

The Deuce was my first adult Driver back when I was like 11.

Still love that club.

Unfortunately for me hitting my 13* Sonartec off the deck with any consistency is a problem. Gonna have to end my love affair with 2 woods when I get out of college and have the $ to spend on golf equipment.

2 Birdies today on Par 5's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
... pretty inconsistent on short holes, lost a few balls in the thick stuff that could have probably been found but w.e.

Scored a 48 through 9, par was 36. My bird on the 8th hole was soooooooo close to being an Eagle. Approach shot hit the pin and left me with a 4 foot putt.

Pretty happy with how I played today... Drives were really solid , the only mishaps with the drives were when I was trying to play my fade and I hit it dead straight, I lost a ball because I was aiming just a little too far left and didn't get any fade on the ball at all.

Built a lot of confidence today though
pimp.gif
smile.gif

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

2 Birdies today on Par 5's
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
... pretty inconsistent on short holes, lost a few balls in the thick stuff that could have probably been found but w.e.

Scored a 48 through 9, par was 36. My bird on the 8th hole was soooooooo close to being an Eagle. Approach shot hit the pin and left me with a 4 foot putt.

Pretty happy with how I played today... Drives were really solid , the only mishaps with the drives were when I was trying to play my fade and I hit it dead straight, I lost a ball because I was aiming just a little too far left and didn't get any fade on the ball at all.

Built a lot of confidence today though
pimp.gif
smile.gif

When I had a bad slice I used to do that all time.  Then I read somewhere to never aim for trouble.. I think Arnold Palmer or somebody like that said it.

He said to divide the fairway into 3 lanes, left, middle and right.  And to always aim down one of the lanes.  If you're going to play a fade, aim as far left down the left lane as possible.  No matter how big your fade/draw is you should never aim for trees or any other kind of trouble. 

Don't know if it will help much, but it helped me a little.  Nice shooting on the birds man
pimp.gif

Just stole a VNDS Cobra S9-1 PRO D driver off ebay for $147
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Price at #%*!% for the club is $399-$479

Cant wait to get it...

Anyone interested in my Cobra SZ400 driver for $65 shipped?

I played 18 on Sunday...I'm staying away from my driver until I can figure out how to consistently hit the other woods first.

Dirty..
make sure your head is staying behind the ball that way your arms get fully extended on impact... this one thing helped me improve my drives so much recently.. my FIR has gone up and up

breaking in my new method putter today, learning the distance my speeds were all off

once i get that down
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by moneyisthemotive

this dude rory picked out a 7 iron when he 207 to the hole ... SMH! i need graphite shafts or something ...

Graphite shafts wouldn't do anything for you....unless you're an old man you should be hitting steel.  
You also have to remember that no two sets of irons have the same loft.  Who knows what loft his 7 iron is?  It could be closer to the loft of your 6 or 5 iron.  

Graphite shafts wouldn't do anything for you....unless you're an old man you should be hitting steel.  
You also have to remember that no two sets of irons have the same loft.  Who knows what loft his 7 iron is?  It could be closer to the loft of your 6 or 5 iron.  

Uhh...now, I know I've only been playing golf for less than 8 months now, but of all the times I've demo'ed irons, both graphite and steel shafted, there is definitely a noticeable increase in distance with graphite shafted irons.

The physics behind why that will be 100% true is proven by the shaft of every driver used today. Pro's will use steel shafted irons because of the control, feel, and precision.  Weekend Warriors will usually take the distance over those qualities.

I always see/hear people saying this, but never back it up.  I play graphite shafts, and am 26.  Why should I be hitting steel?  What will it add to my game?  I haven't really done much research on the topic, so maybe you can help me out. 

Originally Posted by HWBurnz

I always see/hear people saying this, but never back it up.  I play graphite shafts, and am 26.  Why should I be hitting steel?  What will it add to my game?  I haven't really done much research on the topic, so maybe you can help me out. 
Same, I use graphite shafts  after almost 10 years of hitting steel and im not sure how I could be at a disadvantage doing so.  I bought them X-Stiff flex if that matters...

Back
Top Bottom