Any advice on popping "the question"

Was she with you shooting in the gym?

:nerd:

Get that prenup if she wasnt.

Just read above post.

I expect a thread title "Any advice on cheating wife "Divorce"" in the near future. Good luck OP whatever you decide.

Last edited:
Let ol' boy cook y'all jeesh. Good luck OP

Someone post more info on buying the diamond and ring separate :nerd:

Before you figure out you how you are going to propose, MAKE SURE you want to propose. Marriage is a lifetime commitment.

But if you do, just keep it simple. Look her in the eye, be sincere, and give her a ring. As long as she is a good woman who is understanding and all about you, the cost shouldn't matter.

Good luck

Great advice.

lmao
sorry iblink
but military relationships are the worse
men lie, women lie
I hear those military relationships are :x

51% end in divorce ...

Of the remaining 49% (like I asked on page 1) how many a truly staying together because they love EACH OTGER.

Not for the kids or tax breaks or fear of being alone...

I was chopping it up with mama and we talked about my bro. He's 29 and has. 7 month old daughter.

They have a house together, but my bro lives and works 3 hours away.

They have NO PLANS of getting married. :pimp:

I asked my mama why she gas a problem with it.

Her responses

1. Cuz that's how you do things. You get married then make babies
2. Cuz I don't want my grand daughter to say her mommy and daddy aren't married
3. Cuz it will keep my Bro from wanting to fool around.
4. Cuz its right.

I gave her 4 :stoneface: s and she changed the subject.

pimp.gif
good looks.

Let ol' boy cook y'all jeesh. Good luck OP
Someone post more info on buying the diamond and ring separate :nerd:

All jewelry stores have single diamonds for sale. Diamonds have gone up in price from what I've seen. Usually, the jeweler will sell the diamond at the price they initially set it as, not the new inflated price on the market. Then just pick an engagement band to go along with it.

Jeweler I went to hooked me up good. Got the diamond itself way before I was going to propose. I put some money down to have the diamond off the floor. Instead of paying it all out, I just went in every couple weeks and put some money down on it, essentially a layaway type deal. When I was ready, I bought the band, sent it out to get it all put together, and took it home. From the time I started putting money down on it to when I sent it out to be put together, the price on the diamond itself went up by $3k on the market.

Every diamond is different so it might not be the same. But for my particular diamond, prices went up pretty quick.

Check their pinterest...every girl has one and is always posting their "dream" rings on there.

Why don't you ask her what kind of ring she wants?

If youre thinking of proposing to her i'm assuming you two have already DISCUSSED marriage so why not just ask her?

Only thing that should be a surprise is when/how you do it.

If she's really close to her family then I don't think its a big deal to ask in front of them.

But I agree private is probably better cuz at the end of the day its the two of you for the rest of your lives.

The ceremony is for everyone else.

Good luck.

Talk to the dad. Buy a ring. Organize something like this. I really think this was a truly amazing way to propose.

a blinkin just make sure shes what you really want. and make sure that you dont have anyone from your past that youre carrying into your future. im sure any girl would be more than lucky to have you in her life. when you do it make sure the time is right and you are completely sure thats what you want to do. its the biggest decision you will make and it will change everything. 

I proposed to my wife sitting in couples therapy.

No lie.

We had been going back and forth, we wanted to be together but we were still working things out, trying to figure out if we could be together. Our counselor told me to tell her that I wanted to marry her and that if I did I should just ask her.

I'm not saying that should become the standard, but it's about having that conversation, easing her anxiety about the relationship and priming her excitement for that proposal, that big grand gesture they're all secretly hoping for.

But DEFINITELY talk to pops first. Do what you gotta do, he'll respect/appreciate being able to have a say in it.

Man me and my in-laws boo-hoo'd in that joint that morning. I had barely gotten their permission when my mother in law started asking about kids!

Steezy as far as I am able to tell has been content with his marriage. Never read otherwise.

I agree tho with him some of y'all who question OP wanting to get married are aholes real talk. Serious insecurities to be so afraid of marriage going on on here...why the fk is it so hard to accept that some people want spend the rest of their lives together via marriage? Haters for real if you can't give the man advice then **** lol. Only on NT

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom