Another tipping thread.

Have the batista's started trying to get yall with the automated POS machines that ask for %20 tips on a $5 cup of coffee around you way?

They need to get all the way out the paint with that.

Went to the barber the other day and this lady who had 2 of her sons (elementary/maybe middle school age kids) get their haircuts. She didn't even tip 
mean.gif

I've received dirty looks for using a gift card to pay for dinner.

It was a wedding gift! What am I suppose to do? Return the gift and ask for cash?
dirty looks from who? friends? workers?

I use gift cards all the time at restaurants 

Culinary school is so damn expensive for a damn job with long hours and garbage pay. People thinking they gonna become a famous food network chef or tv personality but end up in a small kitchen making pennies.
It's why the food truck business and the like exploded on both coasts.

Last edited:
The public shaming of individuals who don't offer you great enough sums of their own money, which you somehow feel you're entitled to, is why I can't rock with yall food service industry cats. :lol:

Last edited:
He tipped 14 dollas?

Was wrong wit dat

He tipped less than 3%, regardless of context or circumstances that is against U.S. societal norms which I understand.

But the sense of entitlement to be angry enough or feel wronged enough to "expose" someone for that is far beyond the level of "trash" that any decision to not tip could ever possibly signify.

Last edited:
If he simply opened a bottle and handed it to him, I feel where he's coming from. Bartender needs to stop pocket watching and should get reprimanded for calling someone out publicly. I've been a server before, and both sides can be greedy. They should just pay them minimum wage and make the tip optional and get it over with.

Last edited:
The public shaming of those who don't give you the money you somehow feel you're entitled to is why I can't rock with yall food service industry cats. :lol:
Sucka ****

For real.. I work for tips and I don't care when someone doesn't tip cause that's like 1/30 people. It's really not a big deal to me

I would be kinda tight if an nba player only tipped $13 on $500 though :lol: :lol:

Tipping for a pickup isn't necessary

Last edited:
Been wondering if I order a pizza from dominoes thru the app for carry out and go to pick it up am I suppose to tip[emoji]128064[/emoji]

You're really crying about $14 for opening and handing over a bottle?

And no I don't tip for pickup/carryout. Why?

Last edited:
Generally I don't tip if I'm picking it up/to go. On a rare occasion, if there's someone in front of me giving the cashier a hard time over something stupid I'll leave them a tip just out of generosity because of it. Some people get petty over the dumbest things. No need to get mad at the cashier because you couldn't use 10 coupons at once, moron.

Food service industry ******* sucks. Worked as a food runner at some fancy upscale restaurant for a couple weeks several yrs ago. Will never work in that industry again. **** sucks. Tips were straight tho, but the clientele was dropping 250/person so it was all relative.

If he simply opened a bottle and handed it to him, I feel where he's coming from. Bartender needs to stop pocket watching and should get reprimanded for calling someone out publicly. I've been a server before, and both sides can be greedy. They should just pay them minimum wage and make the tip optional and get it over with.

People posting these bills and how little public figures tip them on social media is so bish made and lame. They don't get a big tip so they want the internet to get mad at the person. The manager can't be having his employees making this stuff public.

The public shaming of those who don't give you the money you somehow feel you're entitled to is why I can't rock with yall food service industry cats. :lol:
Sucka ****

For real.. I work for tips and I don't care when someone doesn't tip cause that's like 1/30 people. It's really not a big deal to me

I would be kinda tight if an nba player only tipped $13 on $500 though :lol: :lol:

Tipping for a pickup isn't necessary

My brother told me he was at a Korean bar in the city and him and his friends were already in the street ready to go home when their bartender / waiter ran out to chase them and told them they didn't leave enough of a tip. Never heard of something like that.

Back
Top Bottom