Another look at how good sea glow works on XI bottoms

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

I have been using Sea Glow for a while. I put some recently on my Varsity VI's before and after I wore them, the bottom still looks deadstock. I bought the Sea Glow directly from Island Girl , it took a while because of back orders but I love it, and will NEVER own a pair of icey bottomed J's without some.

Here are some pics of worn-Seaglowed Varsity VI's, again these are worn...

I wore my varsity reds over 5 times and I cleaned the bottom recently and it looks just like that. No need to seaglow so early. Have you guys forgot the purpose of seaglowing? But that's a good look, I guess.

Originally Posted by TheShoeKing23

I have been using Sea Glow for a while. I put some recently on my Varsity VI's before and after I wore them, the bottom still looks deadstock. I bought the Sea Glow directly from Island Girl , it took a while because of back orders but I love it, and will NEVER own a pair of icey bottomed J's without some.

Here are some pics of worn-Seaglowed Varsity VI's, again these are worn...

I wore my varsity reds over 5 times and I cleaned the bottom recently and it looks just like that. No need to seaglow so early. Have you guys forgot the purpose of seaglowing? But that's a good look, I guess.

^I guess you never read the bottle, you come to flame but you make yourself look like a hater. Sea Glow not only removes oxidation, it prevents it. Meaning anything and everything that has oxygen in it may cause your shoes to turn yellow. Walking on dirt, grass, water and other forms of nature. You obviously dont know the point of seaglowing turd.

And your shoes dont look like that after 5 wears outside, sorry. My birthday is July 6, so not yesterday.  

Islandgirl site...see protecting anywhere??

SEA GLOW[emoji]8482[/emoji] is ideally suited for cleansing, nourishing, protecting and brightening most older vinyl, gel coat, hypalon, rubber and similar materials (except pastel shades, see above). Also, quick wiping with the product "freshens" the appearance of white and colored painted surfaces (lettering etc.).

SEA GLOW[emoji]8482[/emoji] Cleansing Lotion & Conditioner
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Seeing is believing!
This product restores intense whiteness to aged white plastics that have become yellowed.  Non-"earthtone" (blue red, orange, yellow etc.) colors become luminously bright - they will literally appear to glow!  All this with the same oxidation removal and anti-aging conditioning of the NEUTRAL CLEAR[emoji]8482[/emoji] product. The strong fluorescing agents exert further UV protection (protects against fading) by diverting  UV energy into the harmless visible light spectrum.
[/font]

^I guess you never read the bottle, you come to flame but you make yourself look like a hater. Sea Glow not only removes oxidation, it prevents it. Meaning anything and everything that has oxygen in it may cause your shoes to turn yellow. Walking on dirt, grass, water and other forms of nature. You obviously dont know the point of seaglowing turd.

And your shoes dont look like that after 5 wears outside, sorry. My birthday is July 6, so not yesterday.  

Islandgirl site...see protecting anywhere??

SEA GLOW[emoji]8482[/emoji] is ideally suited for cleansing, nourishing, protecting and brightening most older vinyl, gel coat, hypalon, rubber and similar materials (except pastel shades, see above). Also, quick wiping with the product "freshens" the appearance of white and colored painted surfaces (lettering etc.).

SEA GLOW[emoji]8482[/emoji] Cleansing Lotion & Conditioner
[font=Arial,Helvetica]Seeing is believing!
This product restores intense whiteness to aged white plastics that have become yellowed.  Non-"earthtone" (blue red, orange, yellow etc.) colors become luminously bright - they will literally appear to glow!  All this with the same oxidation removal and anti-aging conditioning of the NEUTRAL CLEAR[emoji]8482[/emoji] product. The strong fluorescing agents exert further UV protection (protects against fading) by diverting  UV energy into the harmless visible light spectrum.
[/font]

Originally Posted by Daver

Originally Posted by W177y

i have a question guys i have a couple od DS 11's from 2001 like cherrys n snakeskins do you guys think they need seaglow or is seaglow not needed there is minor yellowing due to age. or if i apply seaglow will it make them look like they were in 2001 because it has very little yellowing since they r DS??

If you plan on wearing them, go ahead. If you dont plan on wearing them, just leave it as is. It's up to you. If you are gonna wear them, I would just wear them until they get a lil more worse then seaglow. Just know that the darker they are, the longer it will take to clear up.

Dont listen to this guy...he is missing the point of sea glow, you dont want to wait too long because it may not work well. You do it early to remove the small amount of oxidation and that would prevent ANY further.

Originally Posted by Daver

Originally Posted by W177y

i have a question guys i have a couple od DS 11's from 2001 like cherrys n snakeskins do you guys think they need seaglow or is seaglow not needed there is minor yellowing due to age. or if i apply seaglow will it make them look like they were in 2001 because it has very little yellowing since they r DS??

If you plan on wearing them, go ahead. If you dont plan on wearing them, just leave it as is. It's up to you. If you are gonna wear them, I would just wear them until they get a lil more worse then seaglow. Just know that the darker they are, the longer it will take to clear up.

Dont listen to this guy...he is missing the point of sea glow, you dont want to wait too long because it may not work well. You do it early to remove the small amount of oxidation and that would prevent ANY further.

Damn, you really took offense shoe king? Lol. I wasn't trying to flame you or anything. I know seaglow prevents it, i just don't do it prior to wearing. not my thing. If that's your thing, so be it. I wasn't knocking, I specifically said, "it's a good look"..

How am I missing the point of seaglowing? it ALSO REMOVES OXIDATION. See cleansing anywhere?

Don't wait too long? It's been 9 years since those XIs came out and it barely yellowed (from what he said) so what's the point of seaglowing? Unless he plans on wearing it, simply said.

I do agree that you shouldn't wait that long to seaglow if you plan on wearing them. I did say the darker/yellow/brown it is, the longer it takes to seaglow.

I'm not with all this crying and flaming stuff on the Internet. That's for females. You do you and keep it moving. It ain't hard.

Damn, you really took offense shoe king? Lol. I wasn't trying to flame you or anything. I know seaglow prevents it, i just don't do it prior to wearing. not my thing. If that's your thing, so be it. I wasn't knocking, I specifically said, "it's a good look"..

How am I missing the point of seaglowing? it ALSO REMOVES OXIDATION. See cleansing anywhere?

Don't wait too long? It's been 9 years since those XIs came out and it barely yellowed (from what he said) so what's the point of seaglowing? Unless he plans on wearing it, simply said.

I do agree that you shouldn't wait that long to seaglow if you plan on wearing them. I did say the darker/yellow/brown it is, the longer it takes to seaglow.

I'm not with all this crying and flaming stuff on the Internet. That's for females. You do you and keep it moving. It ain't hard.

I think people need to understand something. Seaglow does work but it takes days, sometimes weeks. When I mean days, I mean ALL day. So don't expect to but it and see a huge difference in a few hours. If that is what you think, then you will be very disappointed

I think people need to understand something. Seaglow does work but it takes days, sometimes weeks. When I mean days, I mean ALL day. So don't expect to but it and see a huge difference in a few hours. If that is what you think, then you will be very disappointed

yes itll still yellow trhough time..as far as stickiness...it happened to my concords.I left mine on the porch during winter time..i guess the cold weather did something to it..aint sticky no more

yes itll still yellow trhough time..as far as stickiness...it happened to my concords.I left mine on the porch during winter time..i guess the cold weather did something to it..aint sticky no more

Originally Posted by magicmike872

True. I been working on my Concords for about 2 months now. They were dookie brown and now a light shade of yellow. A lot of work and time invested (and more to come). I've experimented a lot in the past and came to dissapointments when I first started seaglowing. It takes hella patience. I suggest if you don't got patience, don't do it. Lol

Originally Posted by magicmike872

True. I been working on my Concords for about 2 months now. They were dookie brown and now a light shade of yellow. A lot of work and time invested (and more to come). I've experimented a lot in the past and came to dissapointments when I first started seaglowing. It takes hella patience. I suggest if you don't got patience, don't do it. Lol

Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos

Originally Posted by AbstraKt

Did I just go back in time?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I remember when it was first discovered by a member here on NT. Those days...

Once gum bottom XI's, always gum bottom XI's.
I have seafood too and to me personally, it is not worth it. Once the clear is gone, there is no turning back. A couple shades lighter does nothing for me.

Back
Top Bottom