Another look at how good sea glow works on XI bottoms

luvtheshoe wrote:
After you sea glow, you need to use the island girl [size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica]S[/font][/size][size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica]I[/font][/size][size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica]LKENSEAL[/font][/size][/font][/size][size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica].[/font][/size]

What does silkenseal do?

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

luvtheshoe wrote:
After you sea glow, you need to use the island girl [size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica][size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica]S[/font][/size][size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica]I[/font][/size][size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica]LKENSEAL[/font][/size][/font][/size][size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica].[/font][/size]

What does silkenseal do?

[font=Arial,Helvetica]A surface coating of this  "plastic skin" product sealsand protects all soft plastics.[/font]

Originally Posted by stevesteve72

luvtheshoe wrote:

What does silkenseal do?

[font=Arial,Helvetica]A surface coating of this  "plastic skin" product sealsand protects all soft plastics.[/font]

Originally Posted by luvtheshoe

After you sea glow, you need to use the island girl [size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica]S[/font][/size][size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica]I[/font][/size][size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica]LKENSEAL.[/font][/size]

Is this to avoid the stickiness?  I have washed them with soap and water about 5 times.  still sticky 

After you sea glow, you need to use the island girl [size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica]S[/font][/size][size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica]I[/font][/size][size=+1][font=Arial,Helvetica]LKENSEAL.[/font][/size]

Is this to avoid the stickiness?  I have washed them with soap and water about 5 times.  still sticky 

Originally Posted by Bruggs58

It is supposed to, but I haven't personally used it.  All my clears are ds, so I never bothered.

Originally Posted by Bruggs58

It is supposed to, but I haven't personally used it.  All my clears are ds, so I never bothered.

READ.

SILKENSEAL[emoji]8482[/emoji] "Plastic Skin" Protectant

This soft flexible surface sealant stops the aging process of gelcoat, hypalon, vinyl and related plastics when used after our Cleanser/ Conditioners (above). It prevents penetration of the surface by water and airborne grime. It also neutralizes any stickiness of freshly cleaned older vinyl and greatly delays onset or return of vinyl gumminess. Can also be used for "quick shine" touch up of any waxed surface including our own SIMPLY BRILLIANT Superwax[emoji]8482[/emoji]
soles are not vinyl. about the stickiness of the soles. the only real problem is your shoes "squeak" when you walk on shiny, polished surfaces.

go to islandgirlproducts.com for any related info.

where are you MODS AT?
laugh.gif
. this is JB related but more towards a care and maintenance. this is probably the longest i've seen an open thread and no bashing going on.
roll.gif
. are NTers actually obeying the rules for once? now all we need is for people that's been here a while to actually read the rules...lol.

READ.

SILKENSEAL[emoji]8482[/emoji] "Plastic Skin" Protectant

This soft flexible surface sealant stops the aging process of gelcoat, hypalon, vinyl and related plastics when used after our Cleanser/ Conditioners (above). It prevents penetration of the surface by water and airborne grime. It also neutralizes any stickiness of freshly cleaned older vinyl and greatly delays onset or return of vinyl gumminess. Can also be used for "quick shine" touch up of any waxed surface including our own SIMPLY BRILLIANT Superwax[emoji]8482[/emoji]
soles are not vinyl. about the stickiness of the soles. the only real problem is your shoes "squeak" when you walk on shiny, polished surfaces.

go to islandgirlproducts.com for any related info.

where are you MODS AT?
laugh.gif
. this is JB related but more towards a care and maintenance. this is probably the longest i've seen an open thread and no bashing going on.
roll.gif
. are NTers actually obeying the rules for once? now all we need is for people that's been here a while to actually read the rules...lol.

I am wondering if Sea Glow only provides a temporary solution to the oxidation/yellowing. I can't see this as a permanent solution. Can anyone confirm this after wearing their kicks regularly after whitening them again from Sea Glow?

I am wondering if Sea Glow only provides a temporary solution to the oxidation/yellowing. I can't see this as a permanent solution. Can anyone confirm this after wearing their kicks regularly after whitening them again from Sea Glow?

I have been using Sea Glow for a while. I put some recently on my Varsity VI's before and after I wore them, the bottom still looks deadstock. I bought the Sea Glow directly from Island Girl , it took a while because of back orders but I love it, and will NEVER own a pair of icey bottomed J's without some.

Here are some pics of worn-Seaglowed Varsity VI's, again these are worn...

i have a question guys i have a couple od DS 11's from 2001 like cherrys n snakeskins do you guys think they need seaglow or is seaglow not needed there is minor yellowing due to age. or if i apply seaglow will it make them look like they were in 2001 because it has very little yellowing since they r DS??

i have a question guys i have a couple od DS 11's from 2001 like cherrys n snakeskins do you guys think they need seaglow or is seaglow not needed there is minor yellowing due to age. or if i apply seaglow will it make them look like they were in 2001 because it has very little yellowing since they r DS??

I have been using Sea Glow for a while. I put some recently on my Varsity VI's before and after I wore them, the bottom still looks deadstock. I bought the Sea Glow directly from Island Girl , it took a while because of back orders but I love it, and will NEVER own a pair of icey bottomed J's without some.

Here are some pics of worn-Seaglowed Varsity VI's, again these are worn...

Originally Posted by W177y

If you plan on wearing them, go ahead. If you dont plan on wearing them, just leave it as is. It's up to you. If you are gonna wear them, I would just wear them until they get a lil more worse then seaglow. Just know that the darker they are, the longer it will take to clear up.

Originally Posted by W177y

If you plan on wearing them, go ahead. If you dont plan on wearing them, just leave it as is. It's up to you. If you are gonna wear them, I would just wear them until they get a lil more worse then seaglow. Just know that the darker they are, the longer it will take to clear up.

Back
Top Bottom