Anfernee Hardaway or Tracy McGrady Vol. #1 in Orlando

I'll take Penny. He was so versatile. Scottie Pippen could guard anybody but the 2 players he always had trouble guarding were Penny and Kobe. They just had too many moves.

I'll take Penny. He was so versatile. Scottie Pippen could guard anybody but the 2 players he always had trouble guarding were Penny and Kobe. They just had too many moves.

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Jordan
Kobe

Penny 

T-Mac

Wade

Best shooting guards to play the game imo in that order. So based off  that list, Penny > Tmac to me, BUT he damn sure isn't that far down from penny. 

If Wade gets his damn team together, he can be near the top of that list though
30t6p3b.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

I never got hype around Penny, he was a great player but he had a great team with Shaq which cant be underestimated. In my opinion Penny was a top 10 player in the leauge when he played but he wasnt elite

Jordan
Malone
Hakeem
Robinson
Payton
Shaq
Penny or Pippen

When T-Mac  played for the Magic prime he was definitely a elite player. The list was something like this

Shaq
Duncan
Kobe
McGrady
Garnett

With Kidd, AI and Webber being mentioned as right on the cusp. And Yes, McGrady was at the same level as Kobe for a couple of years.

I never got hype around Penny, he was a great player but he had a great team with Shaq which cant be underestimated. In my opinion Penny was a top 10 player in the leauge when he played but he wasnt elite

Jordan
Malone
Hakeem
Robinson
Payton
Shaq
Penny or Pippen

When T-Mac  played for the Magic prime he was definitely a elite player. The list was something like this

Shaq
Duncan
Kobe
McGrady
Garnett

With Kidd, AI and Webber being mentioned as right on the cusp. And Yes, McGrady was at the same level as Kobe for a couple of years.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Jordan
Malone
Hakeem
Robinson
Payton
Shaq
Penny or Pippen
Wow ive officially heard it all now, '' Penny wasnt elite '' you gotta be %^#!@#% kiddin me....

Then you go and put AI and Kidd on the cusp when they both made it to the finals with mediocre squads and AI even got MVP
laugh.gif

And im so sick of this doing less with more angle thats been running rampant on NT, especially in this case when its clearly a double standard because both Kidd and AI took there teams far while not having much talent. So if T-Mac couldnt get outta the 1st round why shouldnt that be held against him?

As far as players go i gotta go with Penny all day, yes T-Mac had the obvious edge in scoring but thats where his edge stops. Penny was more versatile and he was no slouch on the scoring end either.

Originally Posted by Mister Friendly

Jordan
Malone
Hakeem
Robinson
Payton
Shaq
Penny or Pippen
Wow ive officially heard it all now, '' Penny wasnt elite '' you gotta be %^#!@#% kiddin me....

Then you go and put AI and Kidd on the cusp when they both made it to the finals with mediocre squads and AI even got MVP
laugh.gif

And im so sick of this doing less with more angle thats been running rampant on NT, especially in this case when its clearly a double standard because both Kidd and AI took there teams far while not having much talent. So if T-Mac couldnt get outta the 1st round why shouldnt that be held against him?

As far as players go i gotta go with Penny all day, yes T-Mac had the obvious edge in scoring but thats where his edge stops. Penny was more versatile and he was no slouch on the scoring end either.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

^Barkley??? Ewing??? Stockton??? Grant Hill even???

Nope during Penny's best magic years.....95-97

Barkley was still great but his elite years were 88-95. Malone had overtaken him as best PF by then

Ewing was great but he was 3 rd best center by then. Stockton was awesome too but he was really regared as a top 5 player in the leauge. he never got MVP consideration in my recollection. Grant Hill was right at the cusp to me but his teams werent good. Penny was better than him at that point.

Look man if you did a top 5-10 list right now everybodys list would be different. This my list.

Originally Posted by HankMoody

^Barkley??? Ewing??? Stockton??? Grant Hill even???

Nope during Penny's best magic years.....95-97

Barkley was still great but his elite years were 88-95. Malone had overtaken him as best PF by then

Ewing was great but he was 3 rd best center by then. Stockton was awesome too but he was really regared as a top 5 player in the leauge. he never got MVP consideration in my recollection. Grant Hill was right at the cusp to me but his teams werent good. Penny was better than him at that point.

Look man if you did a top 5-10 list right now everybodys list would be different. This my list.

I hated penny and that magic team when I was young because they knocked the bulls out of the playoffs in 95 and when we moved to Orlando from Chicago around the time tmac signed with them I liked mcgrady a lot, went to plenty of games at amway or the td waterhouse with the $10 upper bowl seats, but tmac just could not get it done in the playoffs, and any one will tell you that the playoffs are the only thing that matters, that being said ill go with penny

I hated penny and that magic team when I was young because they knocked the bulls out of the playoffs in 95 and when we moved to Orlando from Chicago around the time tmac signed with them I liked mcgrady a lot, went to plenty of games at amway or the td waterhouse with the $10 upper bowl seats, but tmac just could not get it done in the playoffs, and any one will tell you that the playoffs are the only thing that matters, that being said ill go with penny

I'm old school. I say Penny as a MAGIC. As an overall player, its T-Mac. 
However, although Penny's stats don't stack up quite as high, he still did it as #2 with Shaq on the floor. 

As far as footwear goes...still Penny. 

I'm old school. I say Penny as a MAGIC. As an overall player, its T-Mac. 
However, although Penny's stats don't stack up quite as high, he still did it as #2 with Shaq on the floor. 

As far as footwear goes...still Penny. 

T-Mac is one of the few players in the history of the league to actually have a better stats in the playoffs than the regular season. To say he (alone) couldn't get it done is buffoonery.

Didn't even bring up defense. But then I'll get attacked with no heart prob.

T-Mac is one of the few players in the history of the league to actually have a better stats in the playoffs than the regular season. To say he (alone) couldn't get it done is buffoonery.

Didn't even bring up defense. But then I'll get attacked with no heart prob.

Back
Top Bottom