Android Phones > Iphone - Vol: Is it safe to assume?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Hankzilla

Dude said Android Phones>iPhone???
wh-double-facepalm.jpg
grin.gif

[h2]Control your Android phone with a Wii Remote[/h2]

Mike Luttrell | Tue 11th May 2010, 03:56 pm

#technology
#mobility
#android

Share on Twitter
Share on Facebook
Share on Stumbleupon
Share on Digg

Share this article

Add / View comments

19Share

You can't do this on the iPhone: a new app is available on the Android Market that allows users to sync up their Wii controller to play games on any device running Google's mobile OS.

Android Wii Controller IME is available as a $3.99 download. After installing, users simply change their input from the standard Android keypad to "Wii controller," and then wirelessly sync the controller in a simple 5-second process.

wii-android.jpg

The primary purpose of the app is to make it easier for users to play old-school games through the myriad of NES, SNES, Genesis, etc. emulators available on Android.

However, it also acts as a fully-functioning control device. So any app that allows for standard keyboard input works with the Wii controller configuration.

Here's a Youtube video (originally posted on NintendoLife.com) that showcases the functionality of the Wii Controller Android app:

android >>>>> iphone>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>blackberry.

I can do this on my iphone too

So many stupid comments in this thread

if anything, the EVO 4G is NOT an iPhone killer,

if you were to make an argument, try the Droid X instead, the Evo gets like 5 minutes battery life

if you were to make an argument, try the Droid X instead, the Evo gets like 5 minutes battery life

At the end of the day it doesn't even matter. I have the droid x and love it to death. Whatever suits your needs, by all means, stick with it.

I happen to like the partnership of motorola and google, to me they got it right on this one.

I also can't see myself with anything less than a 4.3 inch screen, its gaudy but flatout necessary for as much of a beast this joint is.

At the end of the day it doesn't even matter. I have the droid x and love it to death. Whatever suits your needs, by all means, stick with it.

I happen to like the partnership of motorola and google, to me they got it right on this one.

I also can't see myself with anything less than a 4.3 inch screen, its gaudy but flatout necessary for as much of a beast this joint is.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the iphone not insured? You got to be the DUMBEST human on this earth to buy a $400-600 phone and not have insurance insured android>>>>>> uninsured iphone

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the iphone not insured? You got to be the DUMBEST human on this earth to buy a $400-600 phone and not have insurance insured android>>>>>> uninsured iphone

Originally Posted by Conrad Onasis513

Originally Posted by Ultimate Dude

Android phones wouldn't exist without the iphone

what the hell does that have to do with anything?
indifferent.gif

When the iphone dropped it changed everything.... Now every other phone comes with a touchscreen and other month you have some phone coming out labled the iphone killer. Android phones are like a little brother trying to live up to its older brother.

Uh no iphone and android is like that the little brother that grows up and becomes bigger than the big brother and starts wiping his a** lol

Originally Posted by Ultimate Dude

Android phones wouldn't exist without the iphone

what the hell does that have to do with anything?
indifferent.gif

When the iphone dropped it changed everything.... Now every other phone comes with a touchscreen and other month you have some phone coming out labled the iphone killer. Android phones are like a little brother trying to live up to its older brother.

Uh no iphone and android is like that the little brother that grows up and becomes bigger than the big brother and starts wiping his a** lol

indifferent.gif
Only little kids and fat people thinking they can lose weight wii fit own a wii.

But on the real though you're comparing android(a platform) to iPhone(ONE phone) Obviously iPhone wins.

indifferent.gif
Only little kids and fat people thinking they can lose weight wii fit own a wii.

But on the real though you're comparing android(a platform) to iPhone(ONE phone) Obviously iPhone wins.

indifferent.gif

agree with this

and of course its personal preference.

I've only played with a Droid X and i just thought it was too big.  I couldn't fit it into my pocket comfortably and when i scrolled on the internet it wasn't as fluid as the iphone.  Those two factors alone made me dislike it.

That mattered a lot to me. I'm good with my Jailbroken 3gs.  I have had absolutely 0 problems with it.  And sadly my favorite thing about my phone is that it's an ipod. I have a lot of ipod adaptable devices in my home and it really comes in handy for me. 

indifferent.gif

agree with this

and of course its personal preference.

I've only played with a Droid X and i just thought it was too big.  I couldn't fit it into my pocket comfortably and when i scrolled on the internet it wasn't as fluid as the iphone.  Those two factors alone made me dislike it.

That mattered a lot to me. I'm good with my Jailbroken 3gs.  I have had absolutely 0 problems with it.  And sadly my favorite thing about my phone is that it's an ipod. I have a lot of ipod adaptable devices in my home and it really comes in handy for me. 

Until Iphone is on multiple providers, or your comparing a AT&T droid phone to it, you will never have a Iphone killer.

Yea, some people will switch providers to get a new, but majority of people don't just for a phone. People will stick with a phone until there contract comes out, and by time that happens there will be a new phone to replace that "killer"

Until Iphone is on multiple providers, or your comparing a AT&T droid phone to it, you will never have a Iphone killer.

Yea, some people will switch providers to get a new, but majority of people don't just for a phone. People will stick with a phone until there contract comes out, and by time that happens there will be a new phone to replace that "killer"

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you doing something TERRIBLY wrong, fam. My @+@! has lasted one full day, OFF the charger. Usually last at least 12 hrs if i'm using it alot.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

you doing something TERRIBLY wrong, fam. My @+@! has lasted one full day, OFF the charger. Usually last at least 12 hrs if i'm using it alot.

ehh, i'm an avid iphone user (absolutely hate the android system). to each their own though. i have SOMEWHAT of a problem w/ at&t's service, but i mostly txt. so that's not an issue. i've owned the 3G, 3GS, and now the 4, and each phone has gotten better. w/ being jailbroken (and unlocked) on the 4, my experience has gotten better. it really depends on your loyalty, taste, needs, and service.

one problem i also have w/ android phones is that they are obsolete 3 months later (droid, droid incredible, droid x, etc) and they are packing too much and can't make them small. minus an HDMI output, my iphone 4 'DOES' everything the droid x does WITHOUT BEING THE SIZE OF BRICK.

but again, to each his own. android works because there are options for pricepoints on phones that run the OS. that's a big win. iphone is just, well, the iphone.

but i must say, iphone> android. if you're verizon, you may as well use that upgrade because the droid X is probably going to have it's upgraded version drop soon, lol. #FAIL.

ehh, i'm an avid iphone user (absolutely hate the android system). to each their own though. i have SOMEWHAT of a problem w/ at&t's service, but i mostly txt. so that's not an issue. i've owned the 3G, 3GS, and now the 4, and each phone has gotten better. w/ being jailbroken (and unlocked) on the 4, my experience has gotten better. it really depends on your loyalty, taste, needs, and service.

one problem i also have w/ android phones is that they are obsolete 3 months later (droid, droid incredible, droid x, etc) and they are packing too much and can't make them small. minus an HDMI output, my iphone 4 'DOES' everything the droid x does WITHOUT BEING THE SIZE OF BRICK.

but again, to each his own. android works because there are options for pricepoints on phones that run the OS. that's a big win. iphone is just, well, the iphone.

but i must say, iphone> android. if you're verizon, you may as well use that upgrade because the droid X is probably going to have it's upgraded version drop soon, lol. #FAIL.

Back
Top Bottom