Android is now the biggest mobile OS in the world

Originally Posted by Joe Billionaire

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by prymone

itunes is horrible period, main reason i dont go the iphone route
i have to deal with this ishh enuff with my ipod touch

iTunes sucks at music management I don't use it to sync my music. But outside of that for the iPhone it's pretty good. It backs up everything for you, activates your phone, restores it, updates it, what else do you want for a phone management software?
ive never had to do none of that for my phones...
google sync 
pimp.gif

Google sync only stores your contacts and calendars. iTunes does a back up of you entire phone including settings, messages, and media.

iTunes sucks at music management I don't use it to sync my music. But outside of that for the iPhone it's pretty good. It backs up everything for you, activates your phone, restores it, updates it, what else do you want for a phone management software?
google sync 
pimp.gif

Google sync only stores your contacts and calendars. iTunes does a back up of you entire phone including settings, messages, and media.

google sync 
pimp.gif

word! Cloud storage ftw, i don't need to go to a desktop to sync my info, and its free. iphone has something like that called Mobileme but its $99.99 a year, i use it on my macbook. Its good but not great.(Got the mobileme for free)

Free>paying for something.

google sync 
pimp.gif

word! Cloud storage ftw, i don't need to go to a desktop to sync my info, and its free. iphone has something like that called Mobileme but its $99.99 a year, i use it on my macbook. Its good but not great.(Got the mobileme for free)

What makes itunes soooo bad? What doesn't itunes do that you need a music management software to do?

What makes itunes soooo bad? What doesn't itunes do that you need a music management software to do?

Originally Posted by Alchemist IQ

google sync 
pimp.gif

You guys forget the fact that iTunes does more than just sync info. It backs up the ENTIRE phone. You guys arent syncing photos, videos, music, voice recordings, app data, settings and all of that other stuff with Google Sync. Also iTunes is used for restoring and updating your phone. You guys are comparing a simple cloud contact and calendar syncing to an entire phone suite. Big difference. 

google sync 
pimp.gif

You guys forget the fact that iTunes does more than just sync info. It backs up the ENTIRE phone. You guys arent syncing photos, videos, music, voice recordings, app data, settings and all of that other stuff with Google Sync. Also iTunes is used for restoring and updating your phone. You guys are comparing a simple cloud contact and calendar syncing to an entire phone suite. Big difference. 

Originally Posted by RedMan

Only allows you to sync files to iOS products for one. It also does allow me to chose which output plugin I want to play with. It has limited file types and lacks auto-playlist features where I can create a simple algorithm using ID3 tags to create custom playlists by song attributes. iTunes is good for simple collections but I have 12k songs which is around 200 GB of media (mostly lossless) It would be near impossible to use iTunes for a collection that big. Also I am able to auto-tag my files by either using their file names or matching it with the Amazon.com CD database. MediaMonkey is just so much more feature packed than iTunes.

Originally Posted by RedMan

Only allows you to sync files to iOS products for one. It also does allow me to chose which output plugin I want to play with. It has limited file types and lacks auto-playlist features where I can create a simple algorithm using ID3 tags to create custom playlists by song attributes. iTunes is good for simple collections but I have 12k songs which is around 200 GB of media (mostly lossless) It would be near impossible to use iTunes for a collection that big. Also I am able to auto-tag my files by either using their file names or matching it with the Amazon.com CD database. MediaMonkey is just so much more feature packed than iTunes.

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

iTunes= memory hog  x54
30t6p3b.gif

back in the days with my old machine
30t6p3b.gif

iTunes sucks for pcs, but it's great for macs.

i use it on my mac, and tried using Zune on my pc.

Zune, although it looks good, is terrible at managing music. I don't want to install iTunes on my pc either.

iTunes= memory hog  x54
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Zune, although it looks good, is terrible at managing music. I don't want to install iTunes on my pc either.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

iTunes= memory hog  x54
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

qft
sick.gif
hated the zune software when i had my 32gb, use to mess up my playlist all the flippin time
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

Originally Posted by CWrite78

iTunes= memory hog  x54
30t6p3b.gif

30t6p3b.gif

qft
sick.gif
hated the zune software when i had my 32gb, use to mess up my playlist all the flippin time
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

word itunes sucked on my pc, but boots quickly on my mac.

The purposes of cloud storage is to have it work seamlessly, no wires, not being tied down to a home desktop that can crash on you. (I'm pretty sure google has backup servers, of backup servers is something goes terribly wrong) a regular pc owner doesn't have all this and the task of backing up your data came be really tedious.

Example lets says you lose all your data on your phone and you have to get important contacts, calenders really important stuff and your on a business trip miles away from your desktop/laptop at home. Your going to panic cause you know you'll have to find away to sync that info with a cable and desktop.

In cloud services its the complete opposite no wires, no desktop, no need to panic just simple get a connection to the internet and sign on with your email and all your contacts/info will just be there. It might not sync all your info but you got the important stuff to keep your job.

Cloud services>Desktop manager such as itunes or anything else.

I rather use mobile me rather than itunes and hopefully both google and apple will find away to really do cloud music services properly without needing a large sd card in my phone.

The purposes of cloud storage is to have it work seamlessly, no wires, not being tied down to a home desktop that can crash on you. (I'm pretty sure google has backup servers, of backup servers is something goes terribly wrong) a regular pc owner doesn't have all this and the task of backing up your data came be really tedious.

Example lets says you lose all your data on your phone and you have to get important contacts, calenders really important stuff and your on a business trip miles away from your desktop/laptop at home. Your going to panic cause you know you'll have to find away to sync that info with a cable and desktop.

In cloud services its the complete opposite no wires, no desktop, no need to panic just simple get a connection to the internet and sign on with your email and all your contacts/info will just be there. It might not sync all your info but you got the important stuff to keep your job.

I rather use mobile me rather than itunes and hopefully both google and apple will find away to really do cloud music services properly without needing a large sd card in my phone.

I understand the purpose of cloud services but its not that beneficial as you make it seem. I have NEVER been in the situation you described. I understand that cloud syncing is beneficial but lets not act as if it can really replace a real backup like what iTunes offers. That is the biggest thing that I noticed from switching to iOS from Windows Mobile back on the original iPhone. iTunes was basically a all in 1 phone management tool. I never had to worry about backing up contacts on the sim or even worrying about losing my settings. Every time I synch my phone it backs up EVERYTHING. Even when the next iPhone comes out my back up will be able to be used on that iPhone. So not only will I have my contacts and calendars I will also have pictures, application data, my texts already there. This is also possible on a cloud service but good luck finding any person willing to allocate that much space for "free" users.

Back
Top Bottom