and we're done

http://theknickswall.com/2013/03/10/shirt-pipe/

with amare out for the season and melo is out indefinitely other players need to step up... and they know who they are

we've got 13 Road Games and 9 Home games left in the season. This is going to be a real tough stretch.

Hopefully we can go 3-2 on this road trip (with W's over GS, Portland and Utah) and go 6-1 the rest of the month of March on our last long home stand (with 2 games on the road sandwich in between @Bos @Tor)

we've got 13 Road Games and 9 Home games left in the season. This is going to be a real tough stretch.
Hopefully we can go 3-2 on this road trip (with W's over GS, Portland and Utah) and go 6-1 the rest of the month of March on our last long home stand (with 2 games on the road sandwich in between @Bos @Tor)

I would sign for 9-3 over that stretch and I think its doable.

Hearing the news about Amar'e hurt my heart yesterday. I just hope dude can comeback and help us in the post-season. I think the blessing here though is the team played a significant portion of the season without him and will be able to adjust easily. Melo just has to get healthy ASAP.

Even if Amare were to never play another game for us again, his signing was the turning point of this franchise and the way the Knicks will model themselves from now on.

If Amare didn't sign here the whole 2010 thing woulda been a complete bust and we would have looked like an even bigger laughing stock. We would have looked like a franchise of clowns who suffered for years to get Lebron, just to wind up with nothing. Then with the whole CBA thing, Melo obviously wanted to extend his contract before that summer so maybe he doesn't even consider the Knicks without Amare bringing respectability and credibility to the franchise, and also making the team relevant again.

And then with no stat and no melo, Tyson Chandler and the other vets don't come here either.

Instead the Knicks are now at a position where they can potentially never fall into spells of sucking or rebuilding ever again. Free agents WANT to play for us, and as long as GMs and Dolan manage the cap properly, we'll always be in the running for top FAs.

So instead of looking at the situation as Amare being a waste and taking up cap space, remember that this dude turned the franchise around.

Great post! I couldn't agree with you more.

For one I think Amare can come back and contribute but yes indeed his knees will be a question mark. However, this isn't gloom and doom for the Knicks. The team has a 3 year window (including this season) to win with their top 3 players. In 2 seasons they will have a ton of financial flexibility even if they re-sign Melo and most likely let Chandler and STAT walk.

If Amar'e can't play again (which I highly doubt) it is still not the end of the world.

Boomer on the radio saying he same thing I'm saying.

How did Amare go from playing very well, 30 mins a game, then just shut down out of nowhere?

What's really wrong with Carmelo, why can't we get a legit answer?

What's going on with the Knicks medical staff? Why is everything such a secret

I want these answers as well.

Dolan's media relations policy. This whole thing has become ridiculous. Every injury turns out worse than they say. Every single injury. Lin, Amar'e, Camby, Sheed, Amar'e again and maybe Melo now. I really don't get it.

Now these dudes are playing "Where in the World is Carmelo Anthony?"

I agree HTTB, we have such a shady pr department. They treat the fans like we're a bunch of idiots.

I would sign for 9-3 over that stretch and I think its doable.

Hearing the news about Amar'e hurt my heart yesterday. I just hope dude can comeback and help us in the post-season. I think the blessing here though is the team played a significant portion of the season without him and will be able to adjust easily. Melo just has to get healthy ASAP.
We should definitely do 9-3. They have the capability, but do they have the desire?

Boomer on the radio saying he same thing I'm saying.

How did Amare go from playing very well, 30 mins a game, then just shut down out of nowhere?

What's really wrong with Carmelo, why can't we get a legit answer?

What's going on with the Knicks medical staff? Why is everything such a secret

I want these answers as well.
qft, It came out of nowhere really.

Dolan's media relations policy. This whole thing has become ridiculous. Every injury turns out worse than they say. Every single injury. Lin, Amar'e, Camby, Sheed, Amar'e again and maybe Melo now. I really don't get it.

What don't you get? We have a terrible, narcissistic owner. We all know it. It isn't changing

I don't have a good feeling about Melo's injury. I feel like there's something they're not telling us :smh:

Last edited:
Well according to sources Boomer has, Melo made it on the flight to the west coast trip. So I guess he will play one of these games, at least.

Still doesnt answer the question tho, what's going on with his knee.

What don't you get? We have a terrible, narcissistic owner. We all know it. It isn't changing
Agreed completely. It's a damn shame. This city deserves a better class of owner.:frown:

Agreed completely. It's a damn shame. This city deserves a better class of owner.:frown:
tumblr_mh7sptGIfL1qzqqa5o1_500.gif

Only thing amare got us is more national games. I prefer MSG network anyway so I wasn't ready to give up a better pf in lee for a no defense playing Kmart. Lee and chandler would be straight dominating the boards.

Back
Top Bottom