and we're done

It's clear we don't match up well with this team at all, sheesh. Ugly game, and it exaggerated our flaws which still cannot be ignored despite our early success.

No interior offense, interior defense still shaky at times and we struggle to get around picks on teams that have that free flowing offense.

So tight we dont play them again till next season, but then again if we did theyll probably blow us out by 40 lol. All these mofos swag turn up to Michael Jordan level combined with steve novaks accuracy. How we gon stop em?

Damn. Movie turned tired and corny after that Killa Season funeral. It's like they ran out of ways to **** up.

I was wrong. I was REAL wrong. If your movie costs Knicks courtside seats, don't out cgi into it. Please. For the children.

Last edited:
Well...that was bad. I'm not gonna lie. It wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, because what do you really expect with the lineup they put out there, but yea.

It is what it is. Some craziness happened, Iono what the **** that long shot was :rofl: They couldn't do any of the simple things well and it just felt like amateur night through and through. Tyler Perry should never try to be the man again. :lol:

Jeremy Lin (@JLin7):

Had a fun time playing back at MSG tonight...lots of great memories!! Thanks to all the fans who showed out. All glory to God!

turning point to me was in the third. our offense was stagnant and it clearly impacted the level of intensity on defense.

cope finally got hot and then for some reason our players wouldn't give him the ball even when he was open. we coulda got buckets from him, got the crowd behind the team, and the momentum could have swung our way. but instead felton, kidd, jr, and novak jacked shots or got turnovers and the momentum swung the rockets way. it was a wrap from there.

the result doesn't bother me, but the style of play did. and i understand its hard to play the style with so many key players out, but the reason this team attempts so many long shots is because they're good open looks that are created from ball movement. tonights game was us just trying to jack 3s.

also disappointed that the team just allowed all those isos to happen. we should have been running non-stop pick and rolls. felton is a good p&r PG and Chandler is a great screener/roller. Copeland has shown that he can run p&r and pick and pop.

final point isn't a knock on woody because its the norm to take out any player the moment he picks up two fouls in the first quarter. but maybe next time we have all these injuries and JR is hot (and we all know that JR fire is some next level ****) we should just keep him in. one thing that bothers me with the inflexibility some coaches have with that two foul thing is that a player can pick up a second foul with 1:00 left in the first and be scorching hot and the coach will pull him. but if he picks up the second foul playing a decent game with 11:30 left in the 2nd, the same coach will leave him in.

like i said though not knocking Woodson for that move, but maybe next time a similar situation comes up he'll play his cards differently.

Well y'all better watch out in the finals :pimp:

laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
 at still anyone saying wed be better off with JLin at this point. I dont care if we got Kidd still, this team is barely over .500 with Lin in Felton's spot. This dude Lin is still averaging 10 ppg on under 40% shooting with a worse than 2:1 turnover ratio, i know somepeople love this guy and all, but damn he really isnt that good and even if he was, his style of play is an awful for this team, this fit, and this star player (Melo). 

and for $25 mil? Rockets will come to regret that decision big time if they havent started to already, that team will go nowhere fast, it sucks because James Harden really is a baller, but they need more pieces, which wont be so easy with Lin eating up all of their cap room. Hopefully some of their younger guys can develop into something but Royce White's situation isnt exactly helping them out either.

Just to add it in there because I have been thinking about it. And no I am not just saying this because we lost, and no I dont think we need to make significant changes to this team or anything. Were still first in the East, games like this happen, i Know this and its not gonna make me lose any sleep. However I figured i would put this out there on here just to hear opinions since this is a sports forum and thats what its for.

But there seems to be a PG controversy brewing in Toronto and I doubt that they keep both Calderon and Kyle Lowry throughout the entire season. Lowry was thei big offseason aquistion but the team has played better under Calderon this season and statistically speaking he has been having by far his most productive season and its starting to look like Toronto may go in that direction.I was going to post this before the game even but if one of the 2 became available would you guys be for making a move?

I love Felton and I would love him to play at the all-star caliber level that he is sometimes capable of and be the tough quarterback behind championship teams here in NY. But we have to be real here. We saw last time thathe was here and we are seeing again now that  Felton can be very inconsistent and his production has dipped slightly both times from great starts to his seasons, he also gets too emotional at times and this results in poor decisions or a lack of confidence.Again i love Felton but if i guy like Lowry came on to the market it would be hard not to oppose going after him. If any of yall remember I was very adamant about the Knicks making a move for Lowry this summer especially since he played in Houston and Houston was interested in Lin, who we had. Whats good about Lowry also is that hes a great defender and I could see him playing well alongside Melo in Woodys system. Calderon has also playing tremendous basketball, and has been putting up all-star numbers when he has started (13.2 PPG and 11.5 APG in the 10 games he has started, plus he had a triple double vs Houston last night in a win). If he is made available, it would be hard not to make a case for him either.

Again, I dont know what the deal is with these two guys and even if one of them is available, i dont even know if Toronto would look to deal him within the division and I dont even know that we would have the pieces they would want unless we gave up pieces we are not willing to let go of. But hypothetically if this scenario was an option, would yall be opposed to exploring it?

If we could trade for Lowry without losing Kidd, Shump or JR, I'd be down.
Damn trade talk already?

Well let me give the Laker-like-delusional-Knicks-fan-hopeful-trade-proposal:

Copeland, Felton, and White for Lowry.

Last edited:
Damn brehs, it took us to get our first L at home to read all this junk?! :smh: :lol:

Just stop it!

I never expected us to go undefeated at home all season anyways so it is what it is. On to the next...

I noticed we talk a lot less when we're winning. But when we lose, everyone says something.

Look at our thread and look at the Lakers thread. Usually we'd be the ones with the higher page count, but they have a good 200 pages on us. I know a lot of that has to do with all the Dwight Howard and Steve Nash talk, but usually around this time we'd be around 400 pages.

As for this loss? I'm not that worried. We don't match up well against this team and I think everyone knows it. Good thing is, we wont have to see them in the playoffs. We do need Melo though. Without him, our offense just isn't the same. Copeland is more of a ball stopper than Melo :lol:

Let's hope we have him for Wednesday's game, because we'll really need him.

Trade Felton again?
Ima wait till STATue comeback

Crazy talk is coming back again
Crazy talk like it never left :smokin :lol:
Damn brehs, it took us to get our first L at home to read all this junk?! :smh: :lol:

Just stop it!

I never expected us to go undefeated at home all season anyways so it is what it is. On to the next...
:lol: I'm just playing and feeding it. I went through the worst of it. I aint even watch the entire game.

We're not healthy and undermanned. I knew what it was after the way we lost to them last time. The way I see it our only real loss was to Memphis. This loss does show the rest of the league how to beat us though.

More ppl seeing what I didn't like about Felton. Not hating just stating it how it is. Hopefully he gets right when STAT returns. I'm guessing he thinking he gotta take up the scoring slack cuz for some reason JR aint.

Last edited:
Not bugging about the loss, not even slightly. I couldnt be more unphased whatsoever. This is a resiliant veteran team that has shown the ability thus far to put good/bad experiences in their rearview mirror and take positives from the situation no matter what. We started playing some of our best basketball of the season after being humbled by Houston once before, and if anything I am looking at the positive that this will happen again and we win MUCH more significant games vs BK and Chicago. This is still my team and I'm more than happy about that moving forward. It would have been nice to beat Lin and maintain our home dominance, but this game should be soon forgotten about.

However if a player like Lowry or Calderon becomes available on the open market I just wanted to throw the scenario out there because realistically both of those players are better PGs than Felton, and as good as were playing I dont see why we wouldnt explore the opportunity to get better if one were to present itself.

But realistically were most likely not trading Felton again, it would probably destroy his career on an emotional standpoint, and I cant see us doing that to a guy like Ray who has been so loyal to us. Nor would the Raptors probably want to help us out at all if they are looking to make a trade, nor do we probably have adequate trade pieces for them to even consider unless we had draft picks (we dont), or if we parted ways with Shump or JR (we shouldnt)

I didnt even say that we should look into making the trade, I was just pointing out the fact that Felton has his limitations, and I just wanted to throw out a hypothetical trade scenario because that is part of what these forums are for, and a very good PG could be soon on the trade block.

Trust me, nothing makes me more angry than some of these new age Knicks "fans" who started rooting for this team over the past year. The kind of "fans" who treat beating Miami in the regular season (even twice by 20+) like we just won the championship, even though realistically speaking they are the defending champs and we are not even close to that point yet. Also the same "fans" who will react to meaningless losses to Houston (even twice by 20+) like the season is lost even though we still maintain the best record in the Eastern Conference. And probably the same "fans" who weren't with us during the dog years and would more than likely lose interest again come another 23 win season.

If I have learned anything from my miserable existence as a Knicks fan it is that we could always be worse. Because I have seen this team hit rock bottom on multiple occasions and kept watching every night, so I'm not about to freak out when we still are in the playoff picture, let alone sitting pretty at the top of the Eastern Conference. And at the same time experiencing those years helps maintain a level head through all our triumphs this season because I know first-hand things can and probably will with our luck take a turn for the worse, and nothing is truly proven before the playoffs.

Just thought I would throw out a hypothetical though since a very good PG is most likely about to hit the open market. No need to accuse anybody of getting emotional over one loss. In fact I meant to post the thing about Lowry/Calderon earlier in the day when I saw Calderon drop another triple double as a starter last night, but I had just been busy all day, and I dont post on NT during the Knicks games, just usually post my observations and thoughts afterwards.

I don't think we should trade Felton. Let's see how STAT looks like when he's healthy and ready to play 100%

He did well with Felton last time they were together, so let's hope that transpires again. Besides, I'm glad we have Kidd on this team. He can control Felton when he hits his lowest points (no pun intended).

Back
Top Bottom