An open letter to Eastbay. Re: get better servers

hey OP! y u mad? As long as the site aint crashin as soon as 12:00:15 hits like a few years ago, thats fine with me. the queue aint perfect but if you checkout at 12 on the dot you will most likely get what you stayed up for so y are you complaining like your a network engineer? This letter should have stayed private.

hey OP! y u mad? As long as the site aint crashin as soon as 12:00:15 hits like a few years ago, thats fine with me. the queue aint perfect but if you checkout at 12 on the dot you will most likely get what you stayed up for so y are you complaining like your a network engineer? This letter should have stayed private.

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

Doesn't anyone get the point? THEY DONT CARE if you take your business elsewhere. They have XXX amount, XXX amount is what they will sell. IF YOU DONT BUY, SOMEONE WILL. They aren't "losing sales". On a side note, I will gladly pay the 6-8 dollars tax on NDC (have an outlet store in my state) to not have to sit through an online timer hoping to get a pair while everyone sells out. I wear size 12-13. You can't play those games with that size.

The OP needs to go to NDC on a big release and see if he likes the sold out in a minute releases like with the Kobe VI OC's, not even counting the two push backs.

Nike even has problems with shipments and server glitches when there's high traffic.

Originally Posted by Rippaflow

Doesn't anyone get the point? THEY DONT CARE if you take your business elsewhere. They have XXX amount, XXX amount is what they will sell. IF YOU DONT BUY, SOMEONE WILL. They aren't "losing sales". On a side note, I will gladly pay the 6-8 dollars tax on NDC (have an outlet store in my state) to not have to sit through an online timer hoping to get a pair while everyone sells out. I wear size 12-13. You can't play those games with that size.

The OP needs to go to NDC on a big release and see if he likes the sold out in a minute releases like with the Kobe VI OC's, not even counting the two push backs.

Nike even has problems with shipments and server glitches when there's high traffic.

Telling Eastbay to update their servers is like telling a store to have more employees working on the day of the release, which is unlikely. Waiting in line just comes with the territory. Some people choose to wait, while some people go elsewhere. At least, Eastbay has the checkout timer to better serve the people at a fair manner compared to before.

Telling Eastbay to update their servers is like telling a store to have more employees working on the day of the release, which is unlikely. Waiting in line just comes with the territory. Some people choose to wait, while some people go elsewhere. At least, Eastbay has the checkout timer to better serve the people at a fair manner compared to before.

The problem I had was during the Cool Grey release was this, I was in que for check out and on more than one occasion my timer increased in time. Before I even got to the end of the timer I got a notice that they had sold out of my size. The only way something like that truely works and is "fair" is if you are in virtual possession of that size and are allowed to check out with it when it's your time to check out. Like being at an actual store, you're holding on to your pair waiting in line for the next register to open. Now I can't really complain since I got my pair of NDC, but I was curios to see how eastbay worked as it was the first time in a long time I've ordered a shoe on release day.

The problem I had was during the Cool Grey release was this, I was in que for check out and on more than one occasion my timer increased in time. Before I even got to the end of the timer I got a notice that they had sold out of my size. The only way something like that truely works and is "fair" is if you are in virtual possession of that size and are allowed to check out with it when it's your time to check out. Like being at an actual store, you're holding on to your pair waiting in line for the next register to open. Now I can't really complain since I got my pair of NDC, but I was curios to see how eastbay worked as it was the first time in a long time I've ordered a shoe on release day.

I have more of a problem with their phone service. Tried to order the Grinches -- and was on hold for 45 minutes -- only to read on here that other people were calling in and getting through after just a few minutes because there was no order to the calls received. That was no good.

Or the fact that I just ordered a $200 pair of shoes and it comes wrapped in a plastic bag, resulting the box getting all beat up. You would think that $200 would get you a double boxed pair of shoes.

I have more of a problem with their phone service. Tried to order the Grinches -- and was on hold for 45 minutes -- only to read on here that other people were calling in and getting through after just a few minutes because there was no order to the calls received. That was no good.

Or the fact that I just ordered a $200 pair of shoes and it comes wrapped in a plastic bag, resulting the box getting all beat up. You would think that $200 would get you a double boxed pair of shoes.

Upgrade servers that they'll pay for 24/7/365 just for a handful of releases each year? Really? Eastbay is a corporation beholden only to it's share holders who demand that profits continually rise. If for some reason they do something that makes your shopping experience better, it is simply the byproduct of an effort to increase profits.
If you sincerely have an issue and wish to send a message; you do it with our dollar. Every dollar you spend on a product, or service, is a vote for that company to continue operating the way it is.

Upgrade servers that they'll pay for 24/7/365 just for a handful of releases each year? Really? Eastbay is a corporation beholden only to it's share holders who demand that profits continually rise. If for some reason they do something that makes your shopping experience better, it is simply the byproduct of an effort to increase profits.
If you sincerely have an issue and wish to send a message; you do it with our dollar. Every dollar you spend on a product, or service, is a vote for that company to continue operating the way it is.

I don't know if true but...
Eastbay, Foot Locker, Foot Action, & Champs Sports use all the same Servers or something like that
embarassed.gif
? Don't really know? Anybody? 

I don't know if true but...
Eastbay, Foot Locker, Foot Action, & Champs Sports use all the same Servers or something like that
embarassed.gif
? Don't really know? Anybody? 

Back
Top Bottom