An open letter to Eastbay. Re: get better servers

I had an issue with eastbay for the cg XI. The timer window timed out on me causing me to loose out on them from there site. Real BS!!!

Originally Posted by bc60997

You obviously don't understand how servers work.  

Don't say things you cannot backup.Even the Eastbay rep came in here and said the reason their servers aren't better is because they are not willing to spend the money..look up a couple posts. Anyhow, I'm sure I know a tremendous amount more about servers than you do considering it's what I do for a living but that's neither here nor there. Money talks. And for those not willing to spend the money, they offer solutions like 50 minute wait times whilst someone could be placing multiple phone orders for your size. I'm sure it happens with every release. NDC did not buckle. Why can it handle the load and Eastbay can't? I've spent well over $30,000 through Eastbay over the years and think it's a fantastic company with sales only rivaled by the outlet stores. But enough is enough. Spend the money on the proper infrastructure and get midnite releases goin smoothly, Eastbay. You damn sure make enough money...

Don't say things you cannot backup.Even the Eastbay rep came in here and said the reason their servers aren't better is because they are not willing to spend the money..look up a couple posts. Anyhow, I'm sure I know a tremendous amount more about servers than you do considering it's what I do for a living but that's neither here nor there. Money talks. And for those not willing to spend the money, they offer solutions like 50 minute wait times whilst someone could be placing multiple phone orders for your size. I'm sure it happens with every release. NDC did not buckle. Why can it handle the load and Eastbay can't? I've spent well over $30,000 through Eastbay over the years and think it's a fantastic company with sales only rivaled by the outlet stores. But enough is enough. Spend the money on the proper infrastructure and get midnite releases goin smoothly, Eastbay. You damn sure make enough money...

Originally Posted by caleb4god

And why don't you actually write a letter heads of the company instead of whining on the internet smart guy

So the enough is enough part, kill that, and start using another site instead of making online threats with your $30,000

NDC has had the site crash in the past, and they have had canceled orders.

And why don't you actually write a letter heads of the company instead of whining on the internet smart guy

So the enough is enough part, kill that, and start using another site instead of making online threats with your $30,000

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Yep, you got me. Nevermind. All in America is perfect as usual. It's jockriders like you and the majority of children in this forum that keeps us demanding less and paying more to corporate entities that do as they please. All is well. Just close the topic because constructive criticism isn't allowed here, just a gazillion pictures of the same shoe and talk of excess glue on everything. Now I gotta go return a pair of Air Force Ones I bought 8 years ago because I just noticed a crease on the inside.
roll.gif

Originally Posted by Magic1978

Yep, you got me. Nevermind. All in America is perfect as usual. It's jockriders like you and the majority of children in this forum that keeps us demanding less and paying more to corporate entities that do as they please. All is well. Just close the topic because constructive criticism isn't allowed here, just a gazillion pictures of the same shoe and talk of excess glue on everything. Now I gotta go return a pair of Air Force Ones I bought 8 years ago because I just noticed a crease on the inside.
roll.gif

Also no one even mentioned that the timers countdown would sometimes increase! If its 10min when I go in, then why when it got to 2 min it jumped up to 40! Also several people claim & I understand CLIAM that they went out & went back in & got there shoes. right away. also I KNOW for a fact on the Grinch my nephew called in on his cell & was waiting, call got disconnect so he called back & got right to a rep. As I said before Eastbay KISS MY ENTIRE!!!! I but a whole gang of shoes & will NEVER EVER EVER buy from you again!

Also no one even mentioned that the timers countdown would sometimes increase! If its 10min when I go in, then why when it got to 2 min it jumped up to 40! Also several people claim & I understand CLIAM that they went out & went back in & got there shoes. right away. also I KNOW for a fact on the Grinch my nephew called in on his cell & was waiting, call got disconnect so he called back & got right to a rep. As I said before Eastbay KISS MY ENTIRE!!!! I but a whole gang of shoes & will NEVER EVER EVER buy from you again!

So you just want them to sell out faster and have them tell you that you cant have them at 12:01 instead of 12:30

So you just want them to sell out faster and have them tell you that you cant have them at 12:01 instead of 12:30

This is stupid. Either way you wouldn't have gotten your pair because it goes in the order of who gets there first. Their servers aren't the problem, Nike not sending them enough in your size is. I did it for fun last night just to see if I would get through and only had a 4 minute wait. Hell, I only had a 2 minute wait on the infrared pack. Maybe I'm just lucky or something.

This is stupid. Either way you wouldn't have gotten your pair because it goes in the order of who gets there first. Their servers aren't the problem, Nike not sending them enough in your size is. I did it for fun last night just to see if I would get through and only had a 4 minute wait. Hell, I only had a 2 minute wait on the infrared pack. Maybe I'm just lucky or something.

My size was available after an 11 minute wait but by that time, I had already bought from NDC. This is my point. I took my business elsewhere and now will continue to do so. As the Eastbay rep came in here and told us, their servers didn't crash. Nope, they sure as he11 didn't because they bottleneck the incoming connection of everyone coming through to a trickle so they're outdated servers could handle the expected load. The rep also said they could invest more in infrastructure but it would cut into their pockets so that's just not an option. I could have ordered through Eastbay but I'm not waiting anywhere from 10 to 60 minutes to be told someone on the phone got my size while I waited online. I'm not salty cuz i didn't get a pair, hell I have 2 prs of 2011s on the way and two pairs of 07s on ice. I'm trying to bring up a point to help people get the shoes they want and all everyone in here wants to do is call me stupid or flame me. So be it. But when one of you gets screwed by Eastbay's fine system you'll be the first in here ranting and raving about how something must be done.

My size was available after an 11 minute wait but by that time, I had already bought from NDC. This is my point. I took my business elsewhere and now will continue to do so. As the Eastbay rep came in here and told us, their servers didn't crash. Nope, they sure as he11 didn't because they bottleneck the incoming connection of everyone coming through to a trickle so they're outdated servers could handle the expected load. The rep also said they could invest more in infrastructure but it would cut into their pockets so that's just not an option. I could have ordered through Eastbay but I'm not waiting anywhere from 10 to 60 minutes to be told someone on the phone got my size while I waited online. I'm not salty cuz i didn't get a pair, hell I have 2 prs of 2011s on the way and two pairs of 07s on ice. I'm trying to bring up a point to help people get the shoes they want and all everyone in here wants to do is call me stupid or flame me. So be it. But when one of you gets screwed by Eastbay's fine system you'll be the first in here ranting and raving about how something must be done.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Their servers aren't the problem, Nike not sending them enough in your size is. I did it for fun last night just to see if I would get through and only had a 4 minute wait. Hell, I only had a 2 minute wait on the infrared pack. Maybe I'm just lucky or something.
Not lucky, just less hops from their servers is all.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Their servers aren't the problem, Nike not sending them enough in your size is. I did it for fun last night just to see if I would get through and only had a 4 minute wait. Hell, I only had a 2 minute wait on the infrared pack. Maybe I'm just lucky or something.
Not lucky, just less hops from their servers is all.

Doesn't anyone get the point? THEY DONT CARE if you take your business elsewhere. They have XXX amount, XXX amount is what they will sell. IF YOU DONT BUY, SOMEONE WILL. They aren't "losing sales". On a side note, I will gladly pay the 6-8 dollars tax on NDC (have an outlet store in my state) to not have to sit through an online timer hoping to get a pair while everyone sells out. I wear size 12-13. You can't play those games with that size.

Doesn't anyone get the point? THEY DONT CARE if you take your business elsewhere. They have XXX amount, XXX amount is what they will sell. IF YOU DONT BUY, SOMEONE WILL. They aren't "losing sales". On a side note, I will gladly pay the 6-8 dollars tax on NDC (have an outlet store in my state) to not have to sit through an online timer hoping to get a pair while everyone sells out. I wear size 12-13. You can't play those games with that size.

OP, you said you ordered TWO pairs from NDC, please tell me why you are complaining about Eastbay's server? If you know one place isn't working to get your shoes, go to the place that will. It's called options.

OP, you said you ordered TWO pairs from NDC, please tell me why you are complaining about Eastbay's server? If you know one place isn't working to get your shoes, go to the place that will. It's called options.

I called 5 mins til and was on hold for about 15 but got someone and was able to pick up a pair. I would have attempted to buy online but I was at work and they block out Eastbay and NDC

I called 5 mins til and was on hold for about 15 but got someone and was able to pick up a pair. I would have attempted to buy online but I was at work and they block out Eastbay and NDC

Back
Top Bottom