Am i the only one who still doesnt take the Hornets serious as a title contender?

David West is the best up and coming player in the NBA.
Chris Paul is the best PG right now.
The Hornets will have the best record next year.
The best rebounder in the history of Earth.
The Peja show where the man can shoot from the moon and make it on Mars.

Hopefully that'll be enough to end their little run.
smile.gif

To say that the Hornets have no playoff experience is sort of a reach. CP3 hasn't had experience, but:

- Peja
- Bonzi
- Tyson
- Mo Pete
- Pargo

All have experience. Peja and Bonzi have both been to Game 7 Conference Final Games. Yes, both of their teams lost, but that doesn't take away from theirexperience. Don't get me wrong, I'm not so sure they're contenders, but it definitely wouldn't surprise me to see them in the Finals. Raisingthe O'Brien Trophy? Now that would surprise me.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Title contenders: Spurs, Suns
2nd tier teams: Utah, LA Lakers, Hornets
No chance: Houston, Dallas/GSW/Denver

Hornets will probably be #1 in the West but I doubt they'll even make the WCF.
I'd bump up the Mavs to 2nd tier teams. As long as Josh Howard produces, and Dirk is relatively healthy, I think they can make some noise in theplayoffs. Forget Jason Kidd. It all comes down to how J-Ho plays, IMO.
laugh.gif

As for the Hornets, they're a tough cover because of CP3. He makes that team 'go.'

The only knocks I see on the Hornets is that it's their first time to the dance, and their bench, lack thereof. David West in foul trouble will spell doomfor the Hornets.

It's in their best interest to stay at #1 and face the Warriors or Nuggets, as to #2, where Dirk will be a tough cover whoever tries to guard him from theHornets.

We'll find out how it all shakes out soon enough.

Josh Howard frustrates the hell out of me, when he slashes to the basket he's 50x better than when he's settling for outside jumpers. At first it wasalright because he'd knock them down with SOME consistency, now it's real streaky, and we don't need two SG's on the floor. Also if Dampier canget 10/10, and as long as Kidd gets SOME shots down, we'll be fine. I have complete faith in Dirk and JET in the Playoffs.

Originally Posted by rocboys

John Stockton = CP3 in term of dirty player
You'd get pissed too when your grandfather just passed away and fans are chanting things along the lines of "We killed yourgrandfather"

Originally Posted by breakinyourankles

Originally Posted by rocboys

John Stockton = CP3 in term of dirty player
You'd get pissed too when your grandfather just passed away and fans are chanting things along the lines of "We killed your grandfather"

but low blow?, that's some Mike Tyson ear biting level. I would just trip someone or start some Chris Childs on Kobe type of thing but not low blow.

Originally Posted by kidoopz

Originally Posted by ikari XD

I see the Hornets as a first round upset waiting to happen. Too much of the burden falls on Chris Paul's shoulders. Doesn't seem like any of those other guys (other than Pargo and Wells) can get shots for themselves.

Do people just not realize that David West is for real or does he get overlooked b/c CP3 plays for em?
tired.gif

You're right, David West is for real, but I think a team handicapped by CP3 being harassed and bodied all game relying on David West as their mainsource of creation on offense is nowhere near a championship contender. Deron Williams basically has the blueprint for negating the CP3 effect, at that pointit greatly weakens this team. I truly believe the W's would have handled the Jazz (or at least took that series to the limit) last season if we had someway of slowing down Deron Williams and letting Boozer just beast us for 35.

I'd be very surprised if any team besides the Pistons, Celtics, Spurs, Lakers, or Mavs won the title. The Suns would be next in line but I can't seethem winning it all and the Hornets def not...

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Haven't you been banned yet?

laugh.gif
He's the only person on this board I've ever used theIgnore feature on...

I dunno...but we'll see....they've let a lotta people know it aint a game when you play them

they DESPERATELY need more production from the 2 spot tho. Mo's SUS....Wells is great off the bench as usual but they need aggression/range....like if youput Wells and Peterson into one player, that's be the prototype for this team......

i think the lack of playoff experience and the 2 guard spot are gonna be X factors when they hit the POs....

people forget that the hornets are top 5 defensively this year and they get ALOT of steals..that should not be overlooked...

I think the two teams that gives them matchup troubles are houston and utah..so if they stay no 1 and utah and houston stay 4 and 5,itll be tough to get to theWCF....

I'm hoping the suns can leapfrog the rockets then beat utah in the first round cuz new orleans owns them lol...

Back
Top Bottom