Am i the only one who still doesnt take the Hornets serious as a title contender?

Coming into this season people said about the Mavericks, "Regular season doesn't matter, what will they do in the post-season." That's why wegot Kidd. As Nowitness said, the last 20 games or so are just as good if not better than his MVP run last year, he's been very good.

And to clear up my own stance on New Orleans, I think they can be legit, and can beat San Antonio, the Lakers, etc., but I'd be afraid to face the Jazz ifI were the Hornets.

This is saying a lot, I think the Warriors would have a better chance than the Hornets. (Exaggerating? Maybe.)

Originally Posted by JDMFanatic

This is saying a lot, I think the Warriors would have a better chance than the Hornets. (Exaggerating? Maybe.)
be prepared.....
laugh.gif
....put on that flamesuit....

But I do agree with that somewhat. If we make it I like our chances against anybody as it's such a wide open field. When we playwell, we can knock off anybody but Utah and probably SA. Anybody whod iscounts us or Denver if we make it is just being ridiculous...altho it'sunlikely.

Originally Posted by rocboys

just stay on Peja and u win

Stay on the third option? What the..
laugh.gif

If the Warriors make it to the Playoffs, they can knock off any big team with the exception of the Spurs and Jazz.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by rocboys

just stay on Peja and u win

Stay on the third option? What the..
laugh.gif

If the Warriors make it to the Playoffs, they can knock off any big team with the exception of the Spurs and Jazz.

Ya'll haven't ignored Rocboys yet?? Anyways, I don't know about him but Knightingale, in every Hornets post possible tries to find a way to sayPeja is the reason why the Hornets win.. Or random Peja&West > Paul comments regardless of what work Paul put in.. All this to make it seem as if Kobeis the true MVP.. Which becomes second fiddle to me in regards of Team success>individual success..

Really I don't see them as a contender either. Who on the team has playoff experience?
I think the real title contenders are Spurs or Suns out of the West.

But hopefully they get matched up with Denver in the first round.
Utah will be a problem for sure.

If you want to talk experience there's not many teams that have more experience than 1) the Spurs, 2) the Suns, and 3) the Mavericks.

1) Spurs- Duncan, TP, and Manu are the anchors to this team, then guys like Barry coming off the bench for them, they're built for the playoffs.
2) Suns- Amare, Nash, Bell, and Shaq have heavy playoff experience, Nash has had years of Playoffs experience.
3) Mavs- Dirk, Josh Howard, Eddie Jones, Jason Kidd, Terry (relatively new, but he steps it up big time), and Devean George. All these dudes are either highlyeffective in the Playoffs or have had years of experience in it.

yeah....and that's why I'm not willing to count the Warriors' chances (IF they make it) as 0% (in that a lot of the teams don't really havethat much experience and time together...in the postseason)

I would add Utah as having experience too, even though they're young. Not as much as those 3 teams, but going to the WCF last year will definitely bebeneficial to them this year, which is why I'm sorta picking them to get to the Finals. I hate them but I respect them. I think it'll be Utah orPheonix.

The playoffs is a different level of play and everybody has to lose before they can win in the nba...its the rules

I don't know if there title contenders but I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to the conference finals.

It's really all about match ups. I think the Jazz and Lakers are the 2 teams they would not want to see.

Originally Posted by badboyf0life420

actually the only contenders this year for the west are the spurs and the suns..

I think those are the best bets but I think anybody can beat anybody.
The only team that would shock me getting out of the West is Houston.

remind me of the suns a couple years ago...they are a unbelievable team though. Mad props to CP3

Peja is the only 3 point shooter and maybe Pargo.

Rockets and Lakers contained Peja=blowouts

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2008011310

Contain Peja, that's the answer.
pimp.gif

roll.gif
I watched that game and it was a very close game. Head and Raferwere horrible, and worst of all, Chuck Hayes, someone who average 3 points was still in the starting lineup. Battier shut down Peja but he wasn'tcapitalizing it on offense and Tmac was out.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AmY9Dcb60IseMSj8LGBjD.OLvLYF?gid=2008022203

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=AgKX55sCla8toZDTQMAhrueLvLYF?gid=2008010903

You're pointing out if you stop Peja you win, I pointed out an instance where that wasn't the case. Still, you're saying that Peja is more of athreat than Paul/West, and hell even Chandler at times, that's the thing I'm pointing out.

I'm saying he's the x factor

You're pointing out if you stop Peja you win, I pointed out an instance where that wasn't the case. Still, you're saying that Peja is more of a threat than Paul/West, and hell even Chandler at times, that's the thing I'm pointing out.
The same Rockets starting lineup right now plus Yao (minus Tmac). They would blow the Hornets out.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Haven't you been banned yet?

laugh.gif
you know a lot of times I think you're a mod because I sorta think that you and Ska are the same person, I mean I know obviously you aren't,but you two remind me of eachother. I just sound ******ed, but I had to say it.

Title contenders: Spurs, Suns
2nd tier teams: Utah, LA Lakers, Hornets
No chance: Houston, Dallas/GSW/Denver

Hornets will probably be #1 in the West but I doubt they'll even make the WCF.

laugh.gif

They'd never make me a moderator.

Anyway, most of you doubted that the Hornets were even a good team who could make the playoffs. Most of you doubted that the Hornets were a great team. Whenyou realized that the Hornets were a good/great team, most of you doubted that they could keep it up. Most of you doubted that David West was a great player.Most of you doubted that Chris Paul was the best point guard in the NBA.

So, keep it up; we'll see what happens.

One of the best rebounders, one of the best complete big men, one of the best shooters, and the best point guard... I'll take it.

Back
Top Bottom