AM 1 WHITE/ORANGE BLAZE/NEUTRAL GREY ** ANY WORD ON US RELEASE DATE???????

getIconLogo.do

THIS COLORWAY IS STRAIGHT UP FIRE IMO!

damn shame if it is

maybe i should have gotten a pair when they had the colors on nike iD even though the suede wouldn't been felt like

Supposedly Feb 8... here in Asia anyway. A GR too, I think...

A Holland national football team colorway for the upcoming World Cup...

^ You guys count as "Asia" right? Lol. I was gonna iD something like this too...
EDIT ~ New pics... looks like it isn't leather on the overlay...

SoleFly2010176-570x427.jpg

SoleFly2010175-570x427.jpg

SoleFly2010172-570x427.jpg

SoleFly2010173-570x427.jpg

SoleFly2010174-570x427.jpg

SoleFly2010177-570x427.jpg

if they had done without the yellow and left the piece on the forefoot that connects the mudguard to the laces grey, and also made the nike air on the back orange, they'd have been the am1 version of the safety orange air burst. that's the only way these would have been cool imo. well, of course the shape of the toe has been destroyed, but I guess I'm in the minority on feeling strongly about that.

That little bit of yellow really throws the look off. I'm not sure if I can overlook that.

Originally Posted by SinnerP

^ You guys count as "Asia" right? Lol. I was gonna iD something like this too...
EDIT ~ New pics... looks like it isn't leather on the overlay...

SoleFly2010176-570x427.jpg

2nklaa0.jpg

So simple
smokin.gif

The yellow does not bug me one bit.

i cud I.D a better colorway -_-
You probably could, but getting them off Swoosh (*if they drop in the US) for $60 is better than paying $125+ for a NikeID pair *shrugs*

enh, looks a lil off in the shape...

Although it looks bad when you snap pics, it doesn't matter once they are on your feet, my "Scuba" pair has the same shape

PS- The White/Red QS's have the same shape too
glasses.gif

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

The yellow does not bug me one bit.

Although it looks bad when you snap pics, it doesn't matter once they are on your feet, my "Scuba" pair has the same shape

glasses.gif

Yeah, ideally I can do without the yellow, but i don't think its a deal-breaker.  I guess it comes down to how noticeable it is when you look at the shoe in person. 

I don't have any AM1's, but when you say the shape is off, do you have any pics of some older AM1's where the shape 'isn't off?'... the 'bump' on the mesh?  Just curious. 

i cud I.D a better colorway -_-
You probably could, but getting them off Swoosh (*if they drop in the US) for $60 is better than paying $125+ for a NikeID pair *shrugs*

or better yet, wait til they hit the outlets for $35.... definitely looks like an outlet bound shoe to me...

glasses.gif

I respectfully disagree.  I sent back 5 pairs of iD's and I don't wear my red QS because of how they look when I put them on.  I used to think they'd be ok and that the shape you see in the pics goes away when they're on your feet, but it just wasn't true in my case.  I accept the fact that I'm pickier than most, but I also have a few pairs of 87's from earlier in the decade and the difference is very obvious to me.  it's just personal preference of course, and i'm glad for anybody who can overlook those gnarly looking toe boxes, but I just can't do it.  what kills me is they have proven that they have the means to do these right.  the green pattas are shaped perfectly, rounded toe, rounded toe box, high cut mudguard, comfortable fit... why can't they just make them all this way? 

SinnerP - regarding shape, it's hard to capture in pictures, but it's basically the toe and the mudguard.  the toe does not curve up to the toe box anymore, it almost creates a right angle.  it used to just curve nice and smooth from the front of the toe to the toe box.  also, the mudguard used to cover more of the toe box.  as it is now, the mudguard kind of stops right where the toe angles to level off horizontally. these two issues combined really make the entire toe of the shoe look very square and bulky.  retros of the past and OG's had a much more sleek look.  also, the mudguard along the sides is all messed up.  it used to sit higher and the curves were more subtle, now they sit low and have these radical spikes in the shape (recently referred to by some as "excitebike jumps" lol).  as noted, I'm very picky about this particular shoe, and I will not buy another retro unless it is shaped like the green pattas or better. 

/rant

These came out at a couple spots in Toronto last weekend, including Capsule (scroll down).

The red and blue OG AM1s came out here before they did in the US, if I recall correctly, so these could follow a similar release pattern.

Back
Top Bottom