Almost 21 years old and still can't drive stick... **UPDATE PG.4**

Originally Posted by Bob Lobblaw

Originally Posted by Air ih Zona

Originally Posted by nealraj006

Essential skill. You can learn it pretty quick. Mastering it takes a while. 

yeah until then you can drive my stick op

28wjpk5.gif
what the...
laugh.gif

Yeah I'm going to post an update maybe in a few days depending how things play out for me. I'm close to buying a car and it's stick. I feel like it's one of those things everyone should know how to do because of it's usefulness. Not needed on a day to day basis for everyone in the world but useful nonetheless.
Kind of like swimming - you're not going to be swimming everyday but I believe you should still at least know how...I'd feel unsafe if I didn't know how...

On that note I bet there are a fair number of people that don't know how to swim 
ohwell.gif

Yeah I'm going to post an update maybe in a few days depending how things play out for me. I'm close to buying a car and it's stick. I feel like it's one of those things everyone should know how to do because of it's usefulness. Not needed on a day to day basis for everyone in the world but useful nonetheless.
Kind of like swimming - you're not going to be swimming everyday but I believe you should still at least know how...I'd feel unsafe if I didn't know how...

On that note I bet there are a fair number of people that don't know how to swim 
ohwell.gif

I can kinda drive stick and my next car will be one. But ALL my daily cars WILL be automatics regardless.

I can kinda drive stick and my next car will be one. But ALL my daily cars WILL be automatics regardless.

Originally Posted by CampbellSoup

The key is to get the RPM's between 1,200 -1,500 and then let off the clutch. Every car has a sweet spot.

I valet park part-time so I had no choice to learn.

RIP to the first few cars I learned on.

laugh.gif
 same here

The key is to get the RPM's between 1,200 -1,500 and then let off the clutch. Every car has a sweet spot.

laugh.gif
 same here

My first car (current) is actually stickshift. I bought the car without knowing how to drive it yet but I forced myself into learning. Driving to class used to be a pain but now I love it
pimp.gif

Once you understand the mechanics of it, you should be smooth within a week or two.

My first car (current) is actually stickshift. I bought the car without knowing how to drive it yet but I forced myself into learning. Driving to class used to be a pain but now I love it
pimp.gif

Once you understand the mechanics of it, you should be smooth within a week or two.

First I learned to ride a motorcycle, then one summer in Mexico when I was 14 I had no choice but to drive a manual truck.

First I learned to ride a motorcycle, then one summer in Mexico when I was 14 I had no choice but to drive a manual truck.

^^
laugh.gif
That's the same exact way I learned. My co-workers and I would go to the underground garage and start practicing with SLK's. TT's, Porsche's.

I remember I would go up the ramp and be so scared, the cars would stall halfway and turn off. I used to hit the E-brake with the quickness. There were alot of luxury cars down there so it was very risky.
smokin.gif

^^
laugh.gif
That's the same exact way I learned. My co-workers and I would go to the underground garage and start practicing with SLK's. TT's, Porsche's.

I remember I would go up the ramp and be so scared, the cars would stall halfway and turn off. I used to hit the E-brake with the quickness. There were alot of luxury cars down there so it was very risky.
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

At least you're not like me and forgot how.
ohwell.gif

Wut? How do you forget how to drive stick? It's one of those things that once you learn, it becomes second nature. 
Forgot probably isn't the best word, I'm sure I could find a way to get a manual home from a dealership.

My problem is I never got to the point where it became second nature. I drove a stick for two months when I was 15 years old. Taught myself, never really had any instruction except for my first time, and ended up blowing the clutch after about 8 weeks. Haven't touched one since.

Originally Posted by MyJaysGetRocked

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

At least you're not like me and forgot how.
ohwell.gif

Wut? How do you forget how to drive stick? It's one of those things that once you learn, it becomes second nature. 
Forgot probably isn't the best word, I'm sure I could find a way to get a manual home from a dealership.

My problem is I never got to the point where it became second nature. I drove a stick for two months when I was 15 years old. Taught myself, never really had any instruction except for my first time, and ended up blowing the clutch after about 8 weeks. Haven't touched one since.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Isn't triptron basically going to phase out manual transmissions anyways?
I don't see it happening for most cars. For higher end cars, sure. It's already happening with exotics. Ask anyone who drives stick what they think about most tiptronic transmissions and you'll hear bad things. They're slow, clunky, and are not nearly as interactive. Dual clutch transmissions have more potential and don't have a lot of the problems that traditional tiptronics have. They're faster and more accurate, but they still don't have a clutch pedal, which is the most important/fun part of driving manual.

Originally Posted by Hess Side 978

Isn't triptron basically going to phase out manual transmissions anyways?
I don't see it happening for most cars. For higher end cars, sure. It's already happening with exotics. Ask anyone who drives stick what they think about most tiptronic transmissions and you'll hear bad things. They're slow, clunky, and are not nearly as interactive. Dual clutch transmissions have more potential and don't have a lot of the problems that traditional tiptronics have. They're faster and more accurate, but they still don't have a clutch pedal, which is the most important/fun part of driving manual.

Soo...long story short I made moves and after saving and saving I finally pulled the trigger...
Copped today - can't wait to start my long journey with her 
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

rk5zc0.jpg

abo8yg.jpg

157iucx.jpg

n3nmub.jpg

ixgwef.jpg

8yuuj5.jpg

2iafr75.jpg

mlk2li.jpg

2gtsmzp.jpg

Soo...long story short I made moves and after saving and saving I finally pulled the trigger...
Copped today - can't wait to start my long journey with her 
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

rk5zc0.jpg

abo8yg.jpg

157iucx.jpg

n3nmub.jpg

ixgwef.jpg

8yuuj5.jpg

2iafr75.jpg

mlk2li.jpg

2gtsmzp.jpg

people always look at me funny when i tell them i drive a stick, or when they sit in my car. once you learn how to move correctly in first gear everything is straight from there. enjoy it man its alot of fun

people always look at me funny when i tell them i drive a stick, or when they sit in my car. once you learn how to move correctly in first gear everything is straight from there. enjoy it man its alot of fun

Back
Top Bottom