Almost 21 years old and still can't drive stick... **UPDATE PG.4**

It took me a few tries to get it down. I actually didn't learn it right away until my dad used this trick with me and I've used it to teach my gf and a ton of girls afterwards (great excuse to get em in the car, no creeper)

just put it in first and without touching the gas just let the clutch out until you feel the car inching forward. this will give you a feel for that point when the car would need gas. I was one of those lead foots in the beginning that had a hard time getting the launch just right. after that everything is cake.

still rocking my 5sp sc300 after all these years!

It took me a few tries to get it down. I actually didn't learn it right away until my dad used this trick with me and I've used it to teach my gf and a ton of girls afterwards (great excuse to get em in the car, no creeper)

just put it in first and without touching the gas just let the clutch out until you feel the car inching forward. this will give you a feel for that point when the car would need gas. I was one of those lead foots in the beginning that had a hard time getting the launch just right. after that everything is cake.

still rocking my 5sp sc300 after all these years!

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Always wanted to learn.

Never really had access to a manual so never gave it a shot.

Is it true what Dirty says about autos are rare for rental cars?

My dad has always had an auto rental car.
I should have added... International travelling...not travelling in the US.

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Always wanted to learn.

Never really had access to a manual so never gave it a shot.

Is it true what Dirty says about autos are rare for rental cars?

My dad has always had an auto rental car.
I should have added... International travelling...not travelling in the US.

Originally Posted by sreggie101

my biggest gripe with this car is that it doesn't come manual
30t6p3b.gif
this car would be a million times more fun if it did. with that said, its still my number 1 dream car
pimp.gif
mine too.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sreggie101

my biggest gripe with this car is that it doesn't come manual
30t6p3b.gif
this car would be a million times more fun if it did. with that said, its still my number 1 dream car
pimp.gif
mine too.
pimp.gif

really not hard...bought a 5 speed s13, had my boy explain to me as i drove home and thats it...its very simple, really shouldnt be hard once your behind the wheel

really not hard...bought a 5 speed s13, had my boy explain to me as i drove home and thats it...its very simple, really shouldnt be hard once your behind the wheel

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

i need more practice driving a stick, but it's really impractical to use in the city. *shrugs*
Yeah, I live in Seattle. Even if I knew how to use a stick, it'd be annoying on all these hills and the horrible traffic. People stall all the time on those downtown hills in rush hour traffic.

Originally Posted by zk1MPLS

i need more practice driving a stick, but it's really impractical to use in the city. *shrugs*
Yeah, I live in Seattle. Even if I knew how to use a stick, it'd be annoying on all these hills and the horrible traffic. People stall all the time on those downtown hills in rush hour traffic.

Originally Posted by Kramer

Well for one its way more fun drivin a stick. And it's just a good skill to have, it's worth your time learnin

it is more fun with a nice car but i learned from my old mans 94 ford ranger without power steering 
made a custom box with a 12 inch sub and bolted the amp all behind the seat cause i thought i was doin it 

Originally Posted by Kramer

Well for one its way more fun drivin a stick. And it's just a good skill to have, it's worth your time learnin

it is more fun with a nice car but i learned from my old mans 94 ford ranger without power steering 
made a custom box with a 12 inch sub and bolted the amp all behind the seat cause i thought i was doin it 

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I would say those who know how to drive stick is becoming the minority.

Amongst my friends only two or so know how to drive manual, compared to the majority that drive automatics.

I can't wait until I can get a manual car again.
Even out of all my friends who know how to drive a stick, only one actually has a manual.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I would say those who know how to drive stick is becoming the minority.

Amongst my friends only two or so know how to drive manual, compared to the majority that drive automatics.

I can't wait until I can get a manual car again.
Even out of all my friends who know how to drive a stick, only one actually has a manual.

Back
Top Bottom