All my gym heads, how much are you spending on groceries a week? vol Budgeting

I wanted to do something more constructive with my free-time so I signed up at my local Y [10.50 a month, financial assistance FTW] for gym use

Im 6' 2" and 155 [#teamFrail] and want to bulk up so how much am I looking to spend on food a week? How much are you guys spending a week on food excluding supps?

I'm 20 and still live with my parents but I'm still doing my own little food shopping.

I eat whatever mom cooks for dinner and buying pretty much everything else for myself...about 30-40 dollars on a good week
consuming about 3000 calories a day

I spend about $20-40 a week. Bread, chicken breast, turkey, yogurt, cereal, peanut butter, apples, bananas. That is assuming you have condiments already.

$20-40 tops

All I really eat is gym-rat food...

Whey protein, Bananas, Eggs, Wheat bread, Milk, Tuna, Peanut Butter, Gatorade G2's

Originally Posted by CIDMAN911

$20-40 tops

Whey protein, Bananas, Eggs, Wheat bread, Milk, Tuna, Peanut Butter, Gatorade G2's
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
...you're no gym rat.

and what are you folks buying?  eating healthy cost MONEY! 20-40 dollars is minuscule 

I eat very healthy, and I don't spend more than $45 a week on groceries. I am so lucky that I have a nice cheap Spanish fruit/vegetable market near me. It's such a hidden gem in my city. A box of cherry tomatoes 2/$1, grapes for .49/lb, romaine lettuce for $1.99 a head, cucumbers for 2/$1, spinach for $1/bag, bag of apples/oranges $1.99. I go through fruits like water because I try to add veggies and fruits to every meal. I tend to buy chicken breasts and fish in bulk from major supermarkets and just store them in my freezer. I try to maintain my weight though, not bulk up.

well its not as bad as I thought I was thinking in the 50 range and looks like I was correct

I'm on my phone, so bear with me.

I eat: whole wheat bread, steel cut oats, bananas, asian pears, peanut butter organic, chicken breast, tuna, spinach, milk, water, almonds, organic eggs, beans(I vary), honey, ground cinnamon, and seasoning/condiments for chicken.

In total comes out to (if I have to do a total restock) 90-100 dollars, but weekly just restocking here and there, about 20 give or take.

I usually buy my chicken breasts and frozen veggies from Costco ($50 a year).

I only buy produce in season because it is usually cheaper.

I only buy stuff on sale. Examples, I bought roughly 50 cans of tuna a few weeks ago because they were 2 for $1. I haven't seen that sale in years honestly.

Cut coupons.

I don't really buy every week, so it is tough to answer your exact question.

Don't buy/believe in supplements so that isn't part of my expense report.

Originally Posted by Though

$20-40 tops

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
...you're no gym rat.

and what are you folks buying?  eating healthy cost MONEY! 20-40 dollars is minuscule 
laugh.gif

I run 6-9 miles 4-5 times a week, indoor/outdoor. Doesn't matter...but I prefer outdoor.

And can bench press 200+ on a regular basis (Maybe not that extreme for you, but good for my height/build)

So don't tell me I'm not gym rat, fat boy.

And you don't have to spend tremendous amounts of money on Whey, Creatine, Glutamine, food to eat/live gym healthy.

That train of thought it was makes some heads not even wanna bother with getting into lifting/running regularly...They think you gotta eat a pound of steak a day to get brolic = Negative.

Most supermarkets have stuff with pretty much the same ingredients/blends as those of GNC.

This one here is $20 at my Stop & Shop. Sometimes on sale for $15. That's when I usually buy as many as they got.

Usually lasts me up to 2 weeks....Something similar in weight @ GNC is usually retail $30- 40. $20 if you happen to catch it on sale, the first week of the month. Same thing with the Creatine. Always a dumb cheaper price, around my area anyway.
074312443152.jpg

I can keep goin on and on but there's already a thousand page thread on NT about fitness and health w/ tons of budgeting tips provided.

I live at home still... the only thing I spend money on for the most part is some sort of NO Explod about once every 6 weeks.

My diet is AWFUL. If I ate right, I'd be in much better shape than I already am.

Originally Posted by Wraith aka invincible

buying 2lbs of whey you spend more money. at the minimum you should get the 5lbs
True.

I just like goin to my spot cause it's right next to my job (and sometimes I get a discount). There's a girl with a cleft lip that always flirts with me.
ohwell.gif

I wouldn't date her cause of it (Yah, I'm goin to hell for that one). But the discount is poppin...So =
smokin.gif
x
ohwell.gif
x
smh.gif
@ myself...

$20-40 tops

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
...you're no gym rat.

laugh.gif

I run 6-9 miles 4-5 times a week, indoor/outdoor. Doesn't matter...but I prefer outdoor.

And can bench press 200+ on a regular basis (Maybe not that extreme for you, but good for my height/build)

Come on, you really typed that?

Originally Posted by Durden7

$20-40 tops

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
...you're no gym rat.

laugh.gif

Come on, you really typed that?
Ummm...

Yes.

for those who eat eggs everyday for lunch and dinner meals, could you share some recipes
it gets tiring eating the same stuff everyday.. gotta switch it up a little

i usually cook up mushrooms and cheese with my omelettes.. brocolli on occasion
what spices or other ways to make eggs more interesting

Back
Top Bottom