All Artist And Fans Of Art Come On In!

Originally Posted by l00z4
Really like this one. That variation in the sizes of the dots really catches the eye. The color choices are pretty interesting too.

Originally Posted by Smedroc

was obviously feeling top the world when i did this one
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I REALLY feel this one

good stuff

Just some recreational drawin' in my spare time. These are from my sketchbook, I have lots more unfinished drawings.

I take any criticism good or bad.

enjoy

Secound one is a bit brutul for myself, but nice idea. The hands need work though. The pilot one is doipe, I'm really feeling the composition. And thesamurai one is pretty neat as well.

Originally Posted by 430AM

Originally Posted by DL2352

430AM: Hey man, how does one go about obtaining a piece by KAWS or Murakami anyways? Not that I'm close to having the funds to put up for something like that but I'm curious as to the process.

Nice blog too btw. Will be checking it out.
Thanks for stopping by...

Basically,You commission an artist to do work... If you have an idea for a piece, you approach the artist with the details and work out the pricing that way. Pricing is based on popularity of artist, size of the canvas and how much work you want done... As far as contacting them, most artists are actually very easy to get in touch with(an e-mail or phone call should get it done), networking is a really big part of this industry. Getting artwork is basically like going to a tattoo shop and getting stuff done there... Hope that helped.

I'm sorry with serious art everything you just said is virtual bull @$#+ but unless you're a serious art collector or have ignorant wealth you'renot commissioning Murakami or even Kaws. And while I'm certain you could contact them most artists unless they're very big sell art through art dealersand galleries not directly so contacting the artist themselves most times is just going to lead you to be redirected to whoever represents them with anyserious artist. Very few serious, legimate artists deal with the day to day business and money.

All you need is to know an art dealer or gallery that represents them and they'll quote you a price for pieces they have or can obtain.

For instance Murakami has a show at Gagosian Gallery in London that just opened. If everything hasn't sold already, then all you would need to do iscontact either Gagosian in NY or just the actual gallery in London and i'm sure if seemed like a serious perspective buyer then they would do quite a bitto sell a work to you... Kaws has an opening this friday at Honorfraser in LA so similarly you could contact that gallery.

I don't know of a single artist of any stature remotely similar to either of those that deals directly perspective buyer unless we're just talkingabout nicknacks that are simply cheap commercially produced reproductions that are like sold via their website and at that point you're not dealing withthe artist, you're dealing with whoever manages their website.. Even prints like offsets, lithos, etc. go through some kind of art dealer, even ifthey're being sold on the internet.

The thing with Warhol stuff is that it's usually not for sale. You pretty much have to get lucky to find a piece.

Seriously where are you getting this idea from.
laugh.gif
There are dozens of galleries that have Warhol for sale. I'll give you it's expensive and butit's not rare.

At all.

Maybe if you want something in particular, but if you just want original work. I could name 3-4 off hand that. Dietch Projects, Gagosian, Pace Mcgill all rightin Chelsea I'm sure have something let alone any number of other galleries in NY and other places as well...

^^Thanks for the info, but yeah I was a bit sceptic, about just contacting the artiost. How much does a Murakami print run for anyway? Another question, whichcity is considered capitol for art now-a-days? Is it still Paris, cause London and NYC have a lot to do with art.

Originally Posted by nocomment6

^^Thanks for the info, but yeah I was a bit sceptic, about just contacting the artiost. How much does a Murakami print run for anyway? Another question, which city is considered capitol for art now-a-days? Is it still Paris, cause London and NYC have a lot to do with art.

Well I don't think there is particular figure you can say Murakami prints run because I've seen them in enormous editions like 300 or as few as a 12and certainly they vary in scale. But even at cheapest they're 4 figures.

But NYC is the art capital… I think New York has been considered the center of the art world for maybe the last 50+ years if not considerable more than that.

Secound one is a bit brutul for myself, but nice idea. The hands need work though. The pilot one is doipe, I'm really feeling the composition. And the samurai one is pretty neat as well.

laugh.gif
Yea, I was bored and wanted to draw something to get a reaction frompeople. Hands, and eyes are always something that gave me trouble, but then again they are the most fun to draw.

I wish I had a better camera, or better photography techniques because a lot of detail was lost in taking the pictures. I have more stuff I will post later.

Thanks for the input.

Originally Posted by Vernon2k1

Secound one is a bit brutul for myself, but nice idea. The hands need work though. The pilot one is doipe, I'm really feeling the composition. And the samurai one is pretty neat as well.

laugh.gif
Yea, I was bored and wanted to draw something to get a reaction from people. Hands, and eyes are always something that gave me trouble, but then again they are the most fun to draw.

I wish I had a better camera, or better photography techniques because a lot of detail was lost in taking the pictures. I have more stuff I will post later.

Thanks for the input.
you should wish you had a scanner. or if the work is large...a tripod.

Wow I don't know how I passed up on this thread.
I actually saw it originally posted so I checked it out
and there wasn't much going on and I forgot about it.

But it's kind of ironic that I'm coming across it now.
I'm actually getting back into art from a 2 year hiatus [sp?]
I haven't dont anything since my senior year in HS
now i'm a sophomore at UofO

All this work is amazing, art is art--> whatever the artist makes it.
Senior year was the first year I actually painted with acrylics.
I wasn't able to take art junior year, but here's the stuff from senior year.
I had an art show as my senior project so check it out... [themed around tattoos]
The paintings wre all derived from quotes or just general ideas of tattoos
No biggies.

6hqh3o.jpg

mainly purples/magentas, something about taking ink to a female is like takinga ballpoint to a flower

1041bo5.jpg

something about how the pain of getting inked hurts like marriage/divorce. browns/magentas
the ring in the middle is gold and with a little rhinestone. love/pain ambigram tattoos

2vvrlgp.jpg

first acrylics painting actually. self explanatory. i kind of want to touch this up right now
work on lighting and whatnot

169qn86.jpg

something about showing a man with a tattoo and it'll show an interesting history

sorry for the poor quality of pictures and sizes--> phone camera
i'm actually working on an acrylic piece right now

*BUMP*

Found this in my photobucket. Its a preliminary sketch for a tattoo design for a friend of mine. (older NTers might know him, muscle68) This was just a roughsketch, the final looks different, and the tattoo artist also made some changes of his own.

Its on his left forearm now.

I think ive drawn up 3 tattoos that he currently has, and at least more hes yet to have done.

Originally Posted by oo206oo

*BUMP*

Found this in my photobucket. Its a preliminary sketch for a tattoo design for a friend of mine. (older NTers might know him, muscle68) This was just a rough sketch, the final looks different, and the tattoo artist also made some changes of his own.

Its on his left forearm now.

I think ive drawn up 3 tattoos that he currently has, and at least more hes yet to have done.
thats nice man..

i know from experience that wings aint the easiest thing to get lookin right.

im thinkin its kinda wide for a forarm piece though...this dude on some popeye !*$* or somethin??
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ebayologist

430AM: Hey man, how does one go about obtaining a piece by KAWS or Murakami anyways? Not that I'm close to having the funds to put up for something like that but I'm curious as to the process.

Basically,You commission an artist to do work... If you have an idea for a piece, you approach the artist with the details and work out the pricing that way. Pricing is based on popularity of artist, size of the canvas and how much work you want done... As far as contacting them, most artists are actually very easy to get in touch with(an e-mail or phone call should get it done), networking is a really big part of this industry. Getting artwork is basically like going to a tattoo shop and getting stuff done there... Hope that helped.

I'm sorry with serious art everything you just said is virtual bull @$#+ but unless you're a serious art collector or have ignorant wealth you're not commissioning Murakami or even Kaws. And while I'm certain you could contact them most artists unless they're very big sell art through art dealers and galleries not directly so contacting the artist themselves most times is just going to lead you to be redirected to whoever represents them with any serious artist. Very few serious, legimate artists deal with the day to day business and money.

All you need is to know an art dealer or gallery that represents them and they'll quote you a price for pieces they have or can obtain.

For instance Murakami has a show at Gagosian Gallery in London that just opened. If everything hasn't sold already, then all you would need to do is contact either Gagosian in NY or just the actual gallery in London and i'm sure if seemed like a serious perspective buyer then they would do quite a bit to sell a work to you... Kaws has an opening this friday at Honorfraser in LA so similarly you could contact that gallery.

I don't know of a single artist of any stature remotely similar to either of those that deals directly perspective buyer unless we're just talking about nicknacks that are simply cheap commercially produced reproductions that are like sold via their website and at that point you're not dealing with the artist, you're dealing with whoever manages their website.. Even prints like offsets, lithos, etc. go through some kind of art dealer, even if they're being sold on the internet.

The thing with Warhol stuff is that it's usually not for sale. You pretty much have to get lucky to find a piece.

laugh.gif
There are dozens of galleries that have Warhol for sale. I'll give you it's expensive and but it's not rare.

At all.

Maybe if you want something in particular, but if you just want original work. I could name 3-4 off hand that. Dietch Projects, Gagosian, Pace Mcgill all right in Chelsea I'm sure have something let alone any number of other galleries in NY and other places as well...
Yeah you're right... I know nothing about art. Let's just leave it at that.
ebayologists is in the building y'all, so I'm ghost... I'm too busy gettin paid to sit here and have this dude talk down to me. Bottom line isebayologists is better than the whole world cause he knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING!!! period.

But real talk, Chill with the condescending tone man... You seem to talk down on every NTer that you feel isn't up to your so called "standards".I wonder how many people you have in your everyday circle that's really willing to deal with your %@#%@*$@??? Props to them for real.

If anyone wants to discuss art related topics just PM me... Cause there's just too many HATERS everywhere.

Peace.

Peep my avy everyone, it might be my favorite painting of all time.

I'm mostly a fan of the classics, but living in London and going to the Tate Modern every so often has been great. I need to check out some of the smallerexhibitions too.

Nice to see some artists on NT. I'm an illustrator myself. I made a thread about some of my work about a year ago, when I do find it (if it's still onhere) I'll post some of my stuff.

Great thread.

These two are my only pieces i have pics of.

I draw mainly on 18x24 and pictures always come out looking like crap, i need to switch to smaller paper.

Originally Posted by ebayologist

I'm sorry with serious art everything you just said is virtual bull @$#+ but unless you're a serious art collector or have ignorant wealth you're not commissioning Murakami or even Kaws. And while I'm certain you could contact them most artists unless they're very big sell art through art dealers and galleries not directly so contacting the artist themselves most times is just going to lead you to be redirected to whoever represents them with any serious artist. Very few serious, legimate artists deal with the day to day business and money.

For instance Murakami has a show at Gagosian Gallery in London that just opened. If everything hasn't sold already, then all you would need to do is contact either Gagosian in NY or just the actual gallery in London and i'm sure if seemed like a serious perspective buyer then they would do quite a bit to sell a work to you... Kaws has an opening this friday at Honorfraser in LA so similarly you could contact that gallery.

I don't know of a single artist of any stature remotely similar to either of those that deals directly perspective buyer unless we're just talking about nicknacks that are simply cheap commercially produced reproductions that are like sold via their website and at that point you're not dealing with the artist, you're dealing with whoever manages their website.. Even prints like offsets, lithos, etc. go through some kind of art dealer, even if they're being sold on the internet.

laugh.gif
There are dozens of galleries that have Warhol for sale. I'll give you it's expensive and but it's not rare.

At all.

Maybe if you want something in particular, but if you just want original work. I could name 3-4 off hand that. Dietch Projects, Gagosian, Pace Mcgill all right in Chelsea I'm sure have something let alone any number of other galleries in NY and other places as well...
Yeah you're right... I know nothing about art. Let's just leave it at that.
ebayologists is in the building y'all, so I'm ghost... I'm too busy gettin paid to sit here and have this dude talk down to me. Bottom line is ebayologists is better than the whole world cause he knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING!!! period.

But real talk, Chill with the condescending tone man... You seem to talk down on every NTer that you feel isn't up to your so called "standards". I wonder how many people you have in your everyday circle that's really willing to deal with your %@#%@*$@??? Props to them for real.

If anyone wants to discuss art related topics just PM me... Cause there's just too many HATERS everywhere.

Peace.

laugh.gif
First off relax.

Second I have no idea who you are so if we have some kind of history of animosity that's news to me.

Lastly everything I said was correct and more to the point correcting what you said. You gave misinformation. No one on NT is commissioning Murakami or Kawsand if they are going to buy any original works the way I explained is definitely the cheapest route unless we're just talking like prints/reproductions…And your comment on Warhol's being difficult to find couldn't be further from the truth. There is tons of his work out there and for sale.

You gave misinformation. I corrected it. That's all.

nocomment-
thanks man. uh i guess i did art in high school cuz i did it all my life
and it was my main thing in high school along with basketball and leadership/being involved and #$!
i just finished art 4 in hs so i could have a senior project
which we that year were required to do to graduate...
then i got into college and had no time to do anything.
i went to school full time. worked full time. and even assistant coach'd full time at the old high school.
so there was no really kick back time or any time for me to worry about stuff.
plus i was always so caught up with ball and working out, they were my release valves.

Now I'm doing the college thing, not going to PSU anymore, now at UofO.
No Job, No Coaching, just school. playing ball. working out. doing the college thing.
So Art's another release valve for me now. like i said i'm working on a new piece right now
it's tough getting back into it but i think it'll come along really well. it's on a 30x40 canvas.

as for the monk's head... yeah the reference image i used had an awkward angle...
and i couldn't really do much about it =// lol

Back
Top Bottom