b8f150e7ea505d5103e6eca6be9aca9438267e8.jpg
1db156eee2595e5d6be7a46bedb2e3e528d2676.jpg

f9615ae5ec5a5d5c2edf5af2a801523c8f600c7.jpg
1b62504e56e5c5da55a52301dad6b4b246c484b.jpg
86e153ebe95c565901ec3825ae521f72ec69195.jpg
2e32585e68e22504536549c8ae796cbdf127058.jpg

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

im workin on my portfolio this week.... ill post up a link maybe, its mostly digital... but ive got a few decent pieces that might be interesting.

Im diggin these snakeyes, what media did you use? The texture in the close up pic almost looks like oil pastels in some parts.

Edit: And good lookin out on that blog link 430AM, im gonna check your blog out at work tomorrow when i have more time. (i also just threw up an updated pic ofthe 300 joint on my blog, check it out)

Originally Posted by oo206oo

Edit: And good lookin out on that blog link 430AM, im gonna check your blog out at work tomorrow when i have more time. (i also just threw up an updated pic of the 300 joint on my blog, check it out)
No doubt man... I'll shoot you a PM about possibly getting some work done too.

Let's keep this thread up, great stuff! Yo a question to ya'll, do you guys sell paintingsa, or art? How?

@ Jams, great sketch. IT's visible , you're passionate about this girl.. I'd get rid of the eyelashes though, it makes a portrait cheesy.

@ Great stuff snakeyes the study on that golferis dope. Same goes for the secound last painting.

@430AM you seem to be earning big. How much does a Warhol print run for by the way? Murakami Serigraphy or some other form of printing? This vader projectseems interesting, starwars and van Gogh together, wow..
smile.gif

Yeah how do ya'll take pictures of oil paintings with flash? Pretty much impossible.

Talking about Vincent, still life, inspired by reading his autobiography.
rw6jif.jpg

Ive done some commissioned paintings but generally my work is for gifts.

Everything ive posted was done as a gift, none of it is in my possession anymore. Once the 300 painting is done, it'll be hanging at my boys new crib, asits a housewarming gift.

I keep meaning to do something for myself, but i never seem to get around to it.

yo.....

theres an art forum that could use the traffic/participation from you guys.

It says sneaker art, but Im sure all types of art would be welcomed in there

Im always checkin thewarfraccollective site...Im about to check the alwaysseen blog in a few

Originally Posted by DL2352

For some reason I really like that little fox
laugh.gif
. Is that oil pastels or chalk?

I feel you on the not finishing pieces. I seriously think it's one of the worst feelings when you start a project with a great vision but somehow/something keeps you from finishing. I've got a at least ten pieces in various states of completion buried in my closet
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Thanks man...[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Fox was chalk, in fact, the majority of my non-sketch pieces are Chalk simplybecause i love just how liberal chalk allows you to be; with chalk, you can always get the perfect hue and gradient.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Conversely, I'm not a fan of painting (oil, acrylic, water...the works) simplybecause I literally cant work my hands into such mediums. It's almost like the brush is not even an extension of my hand so i always feel awkward usingone. With chalk however, I can always get my thumb and fingers into the medium to create the vision I'm going for--[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Even so, I have some oil pieces at home that I may resume work on at some point inthe future...[/color]

happy.gif

Yeah I was gonna say, if we wnated to keep up this thread or move it to the artwork thread in snekaer art?

About giving away art, I'm too selfish and I miss every painting I give away as gift....
smile.gif

Originally Posted by nocomment6

@430AM you seem to be earning big. How much does a Warhol print run for by the way? Murakami Serigraphy or some other form of printing? This vader project seems interesting, starwars and van Gogh together, wow..
smile.gif
I do alright.
laugh.gif

If I ever open my gallery things will really startt poppin though... I got everything mapped out already just need the capital now.
laugh.gif

The thing with Warhol stuff is that it's usually not for sale. You pretty much have to get lucky to find a piece.

The artist I'm talking about is Takashi Murakami... Designer of Kanyes"Graduation" cover. His prints pop off for like $5,000 a piece and originalpaintings go for millions.
takashi_murakami_jellyfish_eyes_black4.jpg

Yeah The Vader Project is intense... Can't wait to peep it.
pimp.gif

EDIT:

Emanuelabor def. check out the site... It's where you wanna be.
laugh.gif

I first peeped your custom work on sneakers a long time ago... I know you got crazy skills man.
pimp.gif

@430am. I see, yeah I know Murakami, checked out his works a while ago, his mushroom series is dope. Never new he's already in th millions range. Japanesealways have had unique and cool art just think about what Hiroshige did back in the day, taught the whole european school.
smile.gif
smile.gif
YeahWarhol's dope I'mjust getting ready to visit his exhibition, there's this new one which features like 70 of his prints including the one's of Monroe, John Wayne and soon....I was surprised that they're bringing it to HUngary and not even the capitol but Szeged,....haha

@Johnny, it realy depends if you ask me.

430AM: Hey man, how does one go about obtaining a piece by KAWS or Murakami anyways? Not that I'm close to having the funds to put up forsomething like that but I'm curious as to the process.

Nice blog too btw. Will be checking it out.

edit:

A piece I drew a while back. I gave it to my best friend for his birthday and have regretted doing so ever since.
laugh.gif

Each person is composed of one single, continuous line. I was inspired by these old prints my dad use to have of abstract dining scenes in restaurants. I wishI had taken a better photograph that didn't cut off half the piece.
grin.gif

n860730146_155560_2291.jpg

Originally Posted by l00z4

Nice thread OP

I'll post more later when I come back home.
interesting. what medium are you using? looks like color pencil but I can't really tell. also, what are you drawing on?

430AM: Hey man, how does one go about obtaining a piece by KAWS or Murakami anyways? Not that I'm close to having the funds to put up for something like that but I'm curious as to the process.

Thanks for stopping by...

Basically,You commission an artist to do work... If you have an idea for a piece, you approach the artist with the details and work out the pricing that way.Pricing is based on popularity of artist, size of the canvas and how much work you want done... As far as contacting them, most artists are actually very easyto get in touch with(an e-mail or phone call should get it done), networking is a really big part of this industry. Getting artwork is basically like going toa tattoo shop and getting stuff done there... Hope that helped.

i specialize in 3-d art, enjoy!

psylocke(x-men) vs hellfire club guards- im actually working on making my own marvel rpg game using my 3d-models... too bad i cant sell it, its gonna befreeware... think marvel ultimate alliance but better!
XMEN_PSYLOCKE_VS_HELLFIRE_CLUB_by_star3d.jpg

roxy and posion from final fight and snk vs capcom

POISON_AND_ROXY_FINAL_FIGHT_by_star3d.jpg

a banner i made for a custom myspace, x-girls sin sity style

PSYLOCKE_STORM_ROGUE_SIN_CITY_by_star3d.jpg

yes a large majority of my characters are chicks with big chest... idc
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by 430AM

430AM: Hey man, how does one go about obtaining a piece by KAWS or Murakami anyways? Not that I'm close to having the funds to put up for something like that but I'm curious as to the process.

Thanks for stopping by...

Basically,You commission an artist to do work... If you have an idea for a piece, you approach the artist with the details and work out the pricing that way. Pricing is based on popularity of artist, size of the canvas and how much work you want done... As far as contacting them, most artists are actually very easy to get in touch with(an e-mail or phone call should get it done), networking is a really big part of this industry. Getting artwork is basically like going to a tattoo shop and getting stuff done there... Hope that helped.
Thanks for the info man. Definitely have a better idea now.

interesting. what medium are you using? looks like color pencil but I can't really tell. also, what are you drawing on?

I use Poscas on some random paper ... Nothing Special ...

To keep this post alive ... Any comment will be appriciated
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom