Albert Haynesworth vol. have a little pride rant

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

It's not him, it's Mike Shanahan.
I mean, Mike Golic did it
laugh.gif
. He should do this with ease.

Buttersworth brought alot of this on himself by complaining about the 3-4 and not showing up until recently.

Of course they going to work him.

But if Mike Golic did it I think he should be able to do it.

Like PharelFor3 said he may just be trying to avoid practicing.

Buttersworth brought alot of this on himself by complaining about the 3-4 and not showing up until recently.

Of course they going to work him.

But if Mike Golic did it I think he should be able to do it.

Like PharelFor3 said he may just be trying to avoid practicing.

The physical he has to pass, isn't the same one that everyone else has to pass.

Mike Golic 'supposedly' passing this test means nothing to me. Just a way of successfully pitting the media against Albert. Mike Shannahan is just abusing his power and trying to send some kind of message.

The physical he has to pass, isn't the same one that everyone else has to pass.

Mike Golic 'supposedly' passing this test means nothing to me. Just a way of successfully pitting the media against Albert. Mike Shannahan is just abusing his power and trying to send some kind of message.

Dre's right...and this is now backfiring in Mike Shanahan's face. Face it, for what they're paying Haynesworth he HAS to play. How long is this charade going to continue? Haynesworth (whether you like it or not) is the best player on this roster when he's on the field. This test has become a pissing contest and has made the Skins lose more credibility by the day. Everyone knows Haynesworth doesn't give 2 $+%%$ about passing. He'll drag this out because he got his money. What's him passing the test going to prove? Dude will still sub out when he gets tired and pull the same @%!% he did last season. At this point, I don't even care. Just put #92 out there for regular practice and let him do what he needs to do to be effective for this defense. This "test" is pointless.

Dre's right...and this is now backfiring in Mike Shanahan's face. Face it, for what they're paying Haynesworth he HAS to play. How long is this charade going to continue? Haynesworth (whether you like it or not) is the best player on this roster when he's on the field. This test has become a pissing contest and has made the Skins lose more credibility by the day. Everyone knows Haynesworth doesn't give 2 $+%%$ about passing. He'll drag this out because he got his money. What's him passing the test going to prove? Dude will still sub out when he gets tired and pull the same @%!% he did last season. At this point, I don't even care. Just put #92 out there for regular practice and let him do what he needs to do to be effective for this defense. This "test" is pointless.

madj55 wrote:
haynesworth is the only player that has to take the test and he came to camp in better shape after losing 30+ lbs, the real problem is Mike Shanahan and he obviously doesn't like Haynesworth.

this. why on earth does espn keep bringing up his contract? the ******** did agree to it
indifferent.gif

and like dre said all espn did was show golic running a conditioning test. there's no way haynesworth couldn't complete that.

madj55 wrote:
haynesworth is the only player that has to take the test and he came to camp in better shape after losing 30+ lbs, the real problem is Mike Shanahan and he obviously doesn't like Haynesworth.

this. why on earth does espn keep bringing up his contract? the ******** did agree to it
indifferent.gif

and like dre said all espn did was show golic running a conditioning test. there's no way haynesworth couldn't complete that.

i think this is entertaining.....wathcing both sides....if you were haynesworth why would you care as you got your 21million....but gotta respect shanahan as hes trying to bring winning ways to that program..

i think this is entertaining.....wathcing both sides....if you were haynesworth why would you care as you got your 21million....but gotta respect shanahan as hes trying to bring winning ways to that program..

I think Shanahan is doing the right thing. After the whole ordeal with Albert complaining about the 3-4 and trying to force a trade he deserves to be worked. The point is dude make the most in the league, the least he can do is show up in good enough shape to run this physical test. Dude isn't helping himself at all by not doing it. The rest of the team isn't going to respect him if he is just doing it because he has the attitude of "I'm already paid I don't care". This is just a case of a coach showing a player who is in charge and making an example of them, it just so happens to be one of the highest players in the league not being able to pass what happens to be a simple test.

I think Shanahan is doing the right thing. After the whole ordeal with Albert complaining about the 3-4 and trying to force a trade he deserves to be worked. The point is dude make the most in the league, the least he can do is show up in good enough shape to run this physical test. Dude isn't helping himself at all by not doing it. The rest of the team isn't going to respect him if he is just doing it because he has the attitude of "I'm already paid I don't care". This is just a case of a coach showing a player who is in charge and making an example of them, it just so happens to be one of the highest players in the league not being able to pass what happens to be a simple test.

Shanahan got the Skins organization looking like fools over this Haynesworth situation.  Mike just needs to subdue his pride and let this conditioning test go.  As far as Albert is concerned the check has cleared.......it's money in the bank to him.  Might as well just let him practice and get it over with.  Besides, how exactly are you harming a player by not letting him practice with the team in these hot conditions. I'm sure Albert is on the sidelines chilling under an umbrella and not worrying about the risk of injury during practice, so I know he's good to go.

Shanahan got the Skins organization looking like fools over this Haynesworth situation.  Mike just needs to subdue his pride and let this conditioning test go.  As far as Albert is concerned the check has cleared.......it's money in the bank to him.  Might as well just let him practice and get it over with.  Besides, how exactly are you harming a player by not letting him practice with the team in these hot conditions. I'm sure Albert is on the sidelines chilling under an umbrella and not worrying about the risk of injury during practice, so I know he's good to go.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

if you were to do that, then your letting Haynesworth win, your showing that he doesn't have to abide to everything Mike Shanahan says.
if haynesworth went to all of the OTA's and off season stuff like that he wouldn't have to take that test, and this pissing contest would never of happened. 

bottom line, The Ego's of haynesworth and shanahan are butting, shanahan has been doing this for longer and he's gonna not budge. 

Originally Posted by Deuce King

if you were to do that, then your letting Haynesworth win, your showing that he doesn't have to abide to everything Mike Shanahan says.
if haynesworth went to all of the OTA's and off season stuff like that he wouldn't have to take that test, and this pissing contest would never of happened. 

bottom line, The Ego's of haynesworth and shanahan are butting, shanahan has been doing this for longer and he's gonna not budge. 

Ya, but by doing this you are already saying that Albert has to abide by certain rules that others don't have to, b/c I'm 99% sure that the test he has to pass isn't the same on that all the others do.

Ya, but by doing this you are already saying that Albert has to abide by certain rules that others don't have to, b/c I'm 99% sure that the test he has to pass isn't the same on that all the others do.

Originally Posted by dreClark

Cody, a 350-pounder out of Alabama, twice failed the test Tuesday. The drill consists of running 25 yards, doubling back, resting for 70 seconds and repeating it twice.

"It's down and back, down and back, down and back. It's not complicated (but) it's a tough test," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "You've got to go out there and compete."

Cody only had to do 150....

*And I co-sign everything Deuce said also...surprisingly
laugh.gif

Like it's been said MANY times before, this has turned into a pissing contest.  Shanahan is being embarrassed as each day passed and Haynesworth doesn't try to run.  Haynesworth has all the leverage.  He's the best player on this defense, and EVERYONE knows he'll be a starter going into week 1.  This test is pointless, and it's nothing more than Shanahan trying to punish the guy for all the OTA time he's missed since he was hired amongst other things.   

Originally Posted by dreClark

Cody, a 350-pounder out of Alabama, twice failed the test Tuesday. The drill consists of running 25 yards, doubling back, resting for 70 seconds and repeating it twice.

"It's down and back, down and back, down and back. It's not complicated (but) it's a tough test," Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. "You've got to go out there and compete."

Cody only had to do 150....

*And I co-sign everything Deuce said also...surprisingly
laugh.gif

Like it's been said MANY times before, this has turned into a pissing contest.  Shanahan is being embarrassed as each day passed and Haynesworth doesn't try to run.  Haynesworth has all the leverage.  He's the best player on this defense, and EVERYONE knows he'll be a starter going into week 1.  This test is pointless, and it's nothing more than Shanahan trying to punish the guy for all the OTA time he's missed since he was hired amongst other things.   

Back
Top Bottom