AJVI Infrared Pack *OFFICIAL THREAD* NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/SPLITTING!

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Originally Posted by Nikekidwonder

Originally Posted by Baby Jumpman

Man i guess Jordan brand is smart sell low quality  kicks for a crap load of money ignore consumer feedback and make a big profit
tired.gif
Ignore consumer feedback? If people still buying what they put out of course they aren't gunna change anything.

"Sneakerheads" are the minority when it comes down to buying kicks from JB. All the online sneaker forums boycotting a release wouldn't do nothing to JB's profits. I think people forget they're a billion dollar company.
But you forget sneakerheads are the ones who make the hype and influence the masses think about it

Not all jordans sell out and that is because in order to sell out hype must first be made

These sneaker online forums like ISS and niketalk is what creates the hype , what builds it  if we protest again a release and not cop word will get out and everyone will follow

Like you always her in those voting commercials it only takes one it sounds corny lol but its true
You have this totally wrong. NT could stop buying kicks all together and Nike/JB would be perfectly fine. This is a multi-billion dollar company here, not a Taco Bell. Say we all don't cop a release because it's "not up to par." It just makes it easier for the next reseller/ISS'er to come along and cop. Somebody guna buy it. That's how iconic these sneakers are. Sneakerheads are appreciated in the business, but are definitely not the core of the business. We are not as significant as you think we are to JB, and it is clear with the recent quality/releases. Once you get over that fact, then things will make a lot more sense. You can clearly see JB's business structure here.
Your not understanding what am saying

hype is what causes a sell out and hype is created not in one day but slowly by word of mouth and in this day in age the internet if this whole forum and all the other sneaker sites boycotted against this release and say that the kicks are very bad quality that information will travel everywhere and less people will buy am not saying it will not sell but if people were less excited about this pack and the hype dies down it will not sale as good and less people will buy as a result

As for resellers

The only way resellers make there money is though you guessed it HYPE like example the space jams if people really want a shoe they will pay the crazy reseller prices but if there is no hype and no excitement the resellers loss because they won't be able to make a profit

Hype creates fear

Becasue i a lot of people are scared they won't be able to get a shoe on discount because of the hype they will be more likely to buy the shoe on release just because they are scared of a sell out example VR 6's because the space jams sold out alot of people thought the VR 6's was going to be the same so a lot of people didn't wait to cop and copped right  away before release some even copped them over retail for example pickyourshoes.com sold out first day and they were going for $200 when they retail for $150

So you see what hype alone can do that's what the saying Hype kills comes from Hype can cloud peoples judgment and make them cop when they know they may not even like the kicks that much

And you say is makes it easier for resellers to cop so what lol think about it if all the resellers copped and no one wanted it
laugh.gif
you guessed it they lose big time

NT, I$$, etc. is what da industry calls "early adopters" or "hardcore enthusiast"

EVERY company listens to them, it doesn't matter that da casual market outnumbers em by a few million...once u lose ur base and are label corny, and da head gets

chopped off, da body will soon follow....

if JB keeps pissing us off they sure as hell ain't gonna have a hard sturdy foundation that don't feel that they have alot invested in da jordan brand, they'll be on some #ontothenextone

status real quick.

Man i guess Jordan brand is smart sell low quality  kicks for a crap load of money ignore consumer feedback and make a big profit
tired.gif
Ignore consumer feedback? If people still buying what they put out of course they aren't gunna change anything.

"Sneakerheads" are the minority when it comes down to buying kicks from JB. All the online sneaker forums boycotting a release wouldn't do nothing to JB's profits. I think people forget they're a billion dollar company.
But you forget sneakerheads are the ones who make the hype and influence the masses think about it

Not all jordans sell out and that is because in order to sell out hype must first be made

These sneaker online forums like ISS and niketalk is what creates the hype , what builds it  if we protest again a release and not cop word will get out and everyone will follow

Like you always her in those voting commercials it only takes one it sounds corny lol but its true
You have this totally wrong. NT could stop buying kicks all together and Nike/JB would be perfectly fine. This is a multi-billion dollar company here, not a Taco Bell. Say we all don't cop a release because it's "not up to par." It just makes it easier for the next reseller/ISS'er to come along and cop. Somebody guna buy it. That's how iconic these sneakers are. Sneakerheads are appreciated in the business, but are definitely not the core of the business. We are not as significant as you think we are to JB, and it is clear with the recent quality/releases. Once you get over that fact, then things will make a lot more sense. You can clearly see JB's business structure here.

hype is what causes a sell out and hype is created not in one day but slowly by word of mouth and in this day in age the internet if this whole forum and all the other sneaker sites boycotted against this release and say that the kicks are very bad quality that information will travel everywhere and less people will buy am not saying it will not sell but if people were less excited about this pack and the hype dies down it will not sale as good and less people will buy as a result

As for resellers

The only way resellers make there money is though you guessed it HYPE like example the space jams if people really want a shoe they will pay the crazy reseller prices but if there is no hype and no excitement the resellers loss because they won't be able to make a profit

Hype creates fear

Becasue i a lot of people are scared they won't be able to get a shoe on discount because of the hype they will be more likely to buy the shoe on release just because they are scared of a sell out example VR 6's because the space jams sold out alot of people thought the VR 6's was going to be the same so a lot of people didn't wait to cop and copped right  away before release some even copped them over retail for example pickyourshoes.com sold out first day and they were going for $200 when they retail for $150

So you see what hype alone can do that's what the saying Hype kills comes from Hype can cloud peoples judgment and make them cop when they know they may not even like the kicks that much

And you say is makes it easier for resellers to cop so what lol think about it if all the resellers copped and no one wanted it
laugh.gif

You obviously don't understand how Nike/JB make their money. It doesn't matter if the resellers get stuck with stock. Nike/JB sells they're shoes to retail/mom and pop stores. Once their allotted stock is sold, they have no part in delivering it to us, the consumer. So once the stores order their stock and receive their shipment, it is a done deal. Nike has made it's money. It doesn't matter who gets stuck with what. Nike/JB has already cashed out. You really think that every retail store will stop carrying it's number one brand because an internet forum wants to go on strike? Someone else is going to step up and buy the merchandise.

Hype has nothing to do with that. If I didn't know about a release and I walked into a shoe store and saw a Columbia XI on the shelf, you damn right I'm guna buy a few pairs of them. Even if I didn't know, if I see them, I'll cop. It's as simple as that. JB has established itself as the #1 in basketball shoes.

If the current websites such as Sole Collector, The Shoe Game, etc etc shut down and stop covering Nike/JB to hype the masses, you bet yourself someone is going to step up and create a site that will create this "hype" you hate so much. Nike/JB is too big for that kind of nonsense. You think because people are saying soda is bad for you that Coca Cola or Pepsi is going to go out of business? They are too established. Hell, they sell bottled water. One way or another they are going to get your business.
roll.gif

So it really doesn't matter if internet forums, which make up a rough estimate of 25% or less of JB's core business, try to kill the "hype." I went to Footlocker today to check out a few shoes, and while I was in there, many of the heads in there were looking at shoes that weren't even Retro J's. Spizike's, MS Six Rings, team J's. There was even an older man buying a pair of team J's and complaining about how they put the "shiny material (patent leather)" on everything. (I was
roll.gif
).  But you see? Jordan Brand and Nike has established itself as the cream of the crop in the minds of the public. Whether the sneaker enthusiasts do not purchase anymore is a moot point. Someone from the next generation or from the current will buy J's regardless. People see the Jumpman/Nike check, and they want it without even thinking about it. That's how deep they are in our modern culture. It's almost like sheep to the pasture. That's how iconic Nike and JB are. To the average consumer, they go into a shoe store and will always give a look to Jordans in the stores. They may not know much about them, but they know that they have a Jumpman on them, which automatically makes them cool.

It saddens me to say that, but it's true. Trust me, I'd be the first in line if JB decided to go back to their roots and bring out quality materials and products. It's way above you trying to setup a strike to JB to kill the "hype." That's like telling all the people in the world to stop buying Jordans. Good luck with that quest son...

man this is awesome... they look very similar to the black/varsity reds i got for less than 100... gonna cop the white/varsity reds for about 100 also and be set.
no need to cop this pack knowing its the same material with a white air unit instead of black and a lighter red color
laugh.gif

money saved

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Originally Posted by Chief Ediri

THESE A HOT SHOE!

laugh.gif

looks your gonna be the 1 camping for these instead of me
laugh.gif

Don't camp for shoes and will never buy a pack in my life for the rape *+* retail price. The varsity reds look better for both shoes.

tired.gif

As for resellers

Hype creates fear

laugh.gif

You obviously don't understand how Nike/JB make their money. It doesn't matter if the resellers get stuck with stock. Nike/JB sells they're shoes to retail/mom and pop stores. Once their allotted stock is sold, they have no part in delivering it to us, the consumer. So once the stores order their stock and receive their shipment, it is a done deal. Nike has made it's money. It doesn't matter who gets stuck with what. Nike/JB has already cashed out. You really think that every retail store will stop carrying it's number one brand because an internet forum wants to go on strike? Someone else is going to step up and buy the merchandise.

Hype has nothing to do with that. If I didn't know about a release and I walked into a shoe store and saw a Columbia XI on the shelf, you damn right I'm guna buy a few pairs of them. Even if I didn't know, if I see them, I'll cop. It's as simple as that. JB has established itself as the #1 in basketball shoes.

If the current websites such as Sole Collector, The Shoe Game, etc etc shut down and stop covering Nike/JB to hype the masses, you bet yourself someone is going to step up and create a site that will create this "hype" you hate so much. Nike/JB is too big for that kind of nonsense. You think because people are saying soda is bad for you that Coca Cola or Pepsi is going to go out of business? They are too established. Hell, they sell bottled water. One way or another they are going to get your business.
roll.gif

So it really doesn't matter if internet forums, which make up a rough estimate of 25% or less of JB's core business, try to kill the "hype." I went to Footlocker today to check out a few shoes, and while I was in there, many of the heads in there were looking at shoes that weren't even Retro J's. Spizike's, MS Six Rings, team J's. There was even an older man buying a pair of team J's and complaining about how they put the "shiny material (patent leather)" on everything. (I was
roll.gif
).  But you see? Jordan Brand and Nike has established itself as the cream of the crop in the minds of the public. Whether the sneaker enthusiasts do not purchase anymore is a moot point. Someone from the next generation or from the current will buy J's regardless. People see the Jumpman/Nike check, and they want it without even thinking about it. That's how deep they are in our modern culture. It's almost like sheep to the pasture. That's how iconic Nike and JB are. To the average consumer, they go into a shoe store and will always give a look to Jordans in the stores. They may not know much about them, but they know that they have a Jumpman on them, which automatically makes them cool.

It saddens me to say that, but it's true. Trust me, I'd be the first in line if JB decided to go back to their roots and bring out quality materials and products. It's way above you trying to setup a strike to JB to kill the "hype." That's like telling all the people in the world to stop buying Jordans. Good luck with that quest son...

So many words....
5ckjt4.jpg

if we protest again a release and not cop word will get out and everyone will follow

roll.gif

sorry dude, but that's just putting far too much stock in yourself and these shoe forums.

while i do see your point, and of course you're right that a lot of hype makes a shoe sell out quicker, there's plenty of people who collect shoes who aren't up on these forums at all.

i've been copping J's and nikes since the 90's and i didn't even get on niketalk or iss until i needed a fake check about 3 years ago (most of my internet use over the last 10 years has been music related).

people like that couldn't care less what people on these forums think about shoes, and the hype, or lack there of, surrounding them. they cop solely based on whether they like the shoe or not, not because other people do or not. even the materials don't matter much, most people cop shoes based on whether they look cool to them or not, not based on performance and durability.

between them, and just millions and millions of regular people who cop whatever shoes just cuz they like 'em or for performance (people associate nike shoes with sports and cop them for sports, even tho a lot of these retro's are terrible for actual performance), nike and jb are gonna get their money. even if all of niketalk and iss boycotted, that just makes it easier for regular joe to walk in a casually cop a shoe they remember seeing jordan play in and they might've had when they were younger.

Originally Posted by dtb00201

Originally Posted by juicyju

Im goin to cop the pack and keep the white/infra red

Your part of the problem

you would really pay $310 for one pair of kicks smh
smh.gif

At least cop the white pair separate don't buy the whole pack your going to spend more money that way think people use your head

If he says he is going to cop the pack and keep the white pair, I'm pretty sure that means he is going to sell the black ones.
Yea but who's going to buy the black pair that's my point look at the feedback in this thread no one wants them so that means if he sells them there going to be sold for way less then he paid in the first place

Just buying the white pair separate makes more sense

As if some hypebeast wont buy these for even more or at least the same price.

And if I try to buy the white ones seperately("according to the thread" everyone just wants these) then resellers will let these go for cheap... "think people use your head"

To put it in better perspective... 310/2= $155... Now do you believe youll find the white pair for that price
laugh.gif

Even the varisty pair that was so "terrible" runs about $200 on ebay but i cant flip the blacks for at least 150
grin.gif

This pack will still re-sell over retail price. Some people will take anything from JB. The company knows it too. That's why they're releasing the exact same shoes with different hued accents within 6 months of each other. On top of that, using the exact same material.

Nikekidwonder wrote:
Yea but who's going to buy the black pair that's my point look at the feedback in this thread no one wants them 

again man, you're putting way too much stock in this forum.

first of all, a lot of these people on here are complaining now and proclaiming they won't cop, but will magically change their minds and end up copping. especially since it's likely they'll never retro these again with durabuck (and the only other option is v-reds or a pair from 2000 if they can even find them in their size and if they won't crack).

2nd of all, well, i've already said it, there's plenty of regular people who aren't as hardcore about this, who don't care so much about the materials, performance, and durability, and just want these cuz they think they look cool (or because it's an iconic basketball shoe and they love jordan that much, or had these as a kid, whatever). not to mention hypebeasts who will beast on these simply because they're limited (that's the majority of who will get ahold of these anyways).

varsity reds were not only not infrared, but they were suede, and look at how many people copped 'em even on here and iss. they show up in the wdywt threads all the time. just because a few people in here are hating on them, don't get it twisted, the blacks will still get rape prices, mark my words.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

these are straight up DMP VII status

watch em not move at all at retail...
I agree, I'm highly dissapointed with this pack...even though it should be expected that JB wouldnt be able to pull it off

Originally Posted by ninjahood

watch em not move at all at retail...

roll.gif

now i know you're trippin'!!!

i might bookmark that post just to quote it when the beasting really pops off...

maybe, just maybe if they were a GR, but if they're as limited as rumored, you're just off your freaking rocker...
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom