Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bentley Ellis (White/Maroon/Yellow)

• Slim Jenkins (Black/Blue)

• Calvin Bailey (Royal Blue/Yellow)

• Total voters
As a gold club member, I think it would be an added perk (and I would pay more for it btw) to have a system where being a member increases your chances of getting the shoes. Possibly making major releases only for gold and platinum club members? I would be willing to pay a descent amount if that were the case.
If we were to offer some kind of perk like that, a lot of people would join it and we would be back on the same page of more people wanting the shoes than what is available. Either way, there will be people that are going to miss out on a shoe they want no mater what we do, since there is almost always a greater demand for the shoe that is releasing than what is available for sale. If we made people pay more to get a better shot at release shoes and they miss out, we will then have customers that are even more upset with us since they are paying extra to get the launch shoes.

EastbayRep - Ray

I'm to salty right now. I struck out online but managed to snag a few in the hood but they had no size 12's 
mad.gif
. Managed to cop a 10.5 and a 11.

If we were to offer some kind of perk like that, a lot of people would join it and we would be back on the same page of more people wanting the shoes than what is available. Either way, there will be people that are going to miss out on a shoe they want no mater what we do, since there is almost always a greater demand for the shoe that is releasing than what is available for sale. If we made people pay more to get a better shot at release shoes and they miss out, we will then have customers that are even more upset with us since they are paying extra to get the launch shoes.
EastbayRep - Ray

Man has a point here. Not everyone can win

Eastbay just pistes me off I'm a platinum member or whatever but when I have 4 phones and call 1 min before 8 with 2 and right after 8 with 2 on hole the whole time and don't get threw for 45 min doesn't make sense.
Our Loyalty Club does not increase your chances at launch items. The main benefit our our Loyalty Club is free shipping based on the level you select. Since you are a Platinum Club member, you receive two free business day shipping on all your orders for a whole year. Platinum Club members also receive free return shipping for a full year, as long as the return is processed within 90 days from the date of shipment.

EastbayRep - Ray
It would be nice if you guys did some Gold club exclusives kind of like the restocks on the Playoff XIII's, Bordeaux VII's, and Gold club only YOTD KD IVs, but that's wishful thinking.

What Eastbay could really benefit from is actually double boxing their shoes instead of forcing you to pay for that silly gift box option.  NDC does it automatically, FNL does, Richards Sporting Goods does, pretty much every major retailer does.  Eastbay is the main company that takes the cheap way out in this regard.  That plastic bag of death should be for clothing only.  Plenty have raised this concern in the past though so I'm guessing it will continue to fall on death ears.

Last edited:
It would be nice if you guys did some Gold club exclusives kind of like the restocks on the Playoff XIII's, Bordeaux VII's, and Gold club only YOTD KD IVs, but that's wishful thinking.

What Eastbay could really benefit from is actually double boxing their shoes instead of forcing you to pay for that silly gift box option.  NDC does it automatically, FNL does, Richards Sporting Goods does, pretty much every major retailer does.  Eastbay is the main company that takes the cheap way out in this regard.  That plastic bag of death should be for clothing only.  Plenty have raised this concern in the past though so I'm guessing it will continue to fall on death ears.
I will pass on your comments about the restocks being available to club members like we had in the past.

As for double boxing, we are planing to upgrade the packaging equipment in our warehouse to box all shoes, but this will not happen until sometime next year, from what I was told. We have been listening to all the complaints about damaged and destroyed shoe boxes.

EastbayRep - Ray

I had stopped posting pics cuz I didn't know how to resize them and my pictures all come out mad big for no reason, which made the NT page MAAAD heavy to load for the mobil users.

Finally decided to google how to resize images on a mac so here we gooo...Hope this comes out normal size.

...wait a minute. The new NT resizes images for you?!?

Everybody on the line was talkin that Motorboat Jones ish. I still think that if they are really 3 different reds, a lot of people will be disappointed. Whatever. As long as idiots wanna overpay for Mikes, I'll be up early on Saturdays.

@APtheKId -

Did you get the Montana's?  I have mine and am curious if the white leather on the Bentley Ellis is the same as the leather on the Montana's?  Not necessarily stiff, but not soft nor tumbled.  Got my Ellis' online so they won't be here til later this week to compare.  Thanks.

@APtheKId -

Did you get the Montana's?  I have mine and am curious if the white leather on the Bentley Ellis is the same as the leather on the Montana's?  Not necessarily stiff, but not soft nor tumbled.  Got my Ellis' online so they won't be here til later this week to compare.  Thanks.
Yes it's the same exact leather.

Dang, it looks like the soft stuff in the Bentley pics...not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the reply no less.  At least the quality on the DB's, if they are 9's, will be ON POINT.  We'll get our moneys worth on November 30th at least.

Bentley Ellis' were an easy pass and so were the Killroy's... Till I saw them at my local outlet for $129

^^^ ndc is def not the best option. eastbay drops at 7:59am est and puts up the direct link to the shoe hours before they drop and has a countdown so you can do to cart soon as it hits all zeros. ndc is truly all luck on these type drops
Eastbay timer is a joke. Have had multiple devices  showing different countdown times and not available when countdown reaches 0. Sure they have the link up a day before but what good is that when everyone knows about it? Getting a shoe from them is actually true luck. Trick to NDC is finding the item, why do you think there are never any available after the tweet "goes live" the shoes have been sitting online for a good minute prior. Has been the case for almost every release on this new system. If you are waiting for the tweet, you are already behind. 

I'm just a salty cat cause I really wanted these to match my cavs gear I went to hoh did the raffle and did this no luck I can't get a limited release for the life of me I would pay a hoh employee 50 every shoe I got to get a hook up so I could get all my shoes with ease. I just need to find a hook up.

Bro, the problem is that only 3 or 4 employees get to purchase the limited shoes. If there is 18 pairs for the store that means only 3 - 4 pairs went to the employees.
I doubt you will get a connect., they buy for themselves.

@APtheKId -

Well, the color of the leather is obviously different on the Bentleys (Fontays were that light platinum, Bentleys are definitely white). As far as the feel goes, I actually like the leather. Not too stiff like some other retros. I honestly have no complaints, BUT, I think i'm a little more of a IX fan than most others, so my opinion may be a little skewed.

Eastbay timer is a joke. Have had multiple devices  showing different countdown times and not available when countdown reaches 0. Sure they have the link up a day before but what good is that when everyone knows about it? Getting a shoe from them is actually true luck. Trick to NDC is finding the item, why do you think there are never any available after the tweet "goes live" the shoes have been sitting online for a good minute prior. Has been the case for almost every release on this new system. If you are waiting for the tweet, you are already behind. 

ive done all that on ndc and still never get it, only shoe ive ever copped on ndc was the lebron 10 gm, and thats cuz i was lucky to add cuz the kd link was sent 10 sec before so everyone was goin after them. im like 1/10 on ndc, ive gotten every release ive wanted going by the countdown on eastbay including this morning.

Last edited:
Struck out on NDC this morning, guess I will hit up a reseller. Dude on Craigs has a sz 13 for $260. Just PM'd him and will meet in 20 minutes.
Don't think I will find a better price, some sizes on Ebay are going for $300 - $340

Struck out on NDC this morning, guess I will hit up a reseller. Dude on Craigs has a sz 13 for $260. Just PM'd him and will meet in 20 minutes.
Don't think I will find a better price, some sizes on Ebay are going for $300 - $340

I'd say after the hype dies out these should be had for $240-$260 on the bay. Seems to be the going rate for most popular retros after the hype dies down.

My opinion, but no shoe from the secondary market is worth more than $250.

EastbayRep - Ray

Makes perfect sense

Back
Top Bottom