AJ III Retro Turnover Rate

Haven't posted on here in years. Seen a lot change with this forum. In my recent perusing I've noticed that quite a few people are selling their retro III's but primarily the newest incarnations/version. Some have only moderate wear maybe even a few times and already being put up for sale. I wanted to know is it because of the quality? The feel? Or some other reasons? I'm sure I'll get a few different responses but I am truly curious because IMO it's a beautifully designed shoe. I know some don't like the III's  so I'm not looking for echoes of that. But for those that do like/own whether currently or formerly......your thoughts?

Haven't posted on here in years. Seen a lot change with this forum. In my recent perusing I've noticed that quite a few people are selling their retro III's but primarily the newest incarnations/version. Some have only moderate wear maybe even a few times and already being put up for sale. I wanted to know is it because of the quality? The feel? Or some other reasons? I'm sure I'll get a few different responses but I am truly curious because IMO it's a beautifully designed shoe. I know some don't like the III's  so I'm not looking for echoes of that. But for those that do like/own whether currently or formerly......your thoughts?

I havent grabbed a pair of 3's since the Fire red / Cool grey's a couple years ago. I wanted Cements, but they just werent up 2 par.

I havent grabbed a pair of 3's since the Fire red / Cool grey's a couple years ago. I wanted Cements, but they just werent up 2 par.

To me the cement 3's were pretty good quality.  Decent leather no cracking or anything yet.  I am not one to wear a few times and flip either though.  I buy almost all releases but do not sell the previously release in order to buy the next. 

To me the cement 3's were pretty good quality.  Decent leather no cracking or anything yet.  I am not one to wear a few times and flip either though.  I buy almost all releases but do not sell the previously release in order to buy the next. 

"I havent grabbed a pair of 3's since the Fire red / Cool grey's a couple years ago. I wanted Cements, but they just werent up 2 par." Can you elaborate? You mean quality wise?

"I havent grabbed a pair of 3's since the Fire red / Cool grey's a couple years ago. I wanted Cements, but they just werent up 2 par." Can you elaborate? You mean quality wise?

A good number of Air Jordan aficionados who have been around for a while now long before hype became pervasive as it is now most likely kept their pairs. The influx of pairs moderately worn that are up for sale are probably from vendors who bought the shoes for the purpose of saying they have them, as stated earlier. Since the shoes have "lost their shine" in the eyes of those sheep looking forward to purchasing what's trendy, they decide to get rid of them and get money to shell out on the next release. That's just my theory.

In other words, the "hype beasts" lost interest. Personally, I am satisfied with my pair and I think they were very well-made.

A good number of Air Jordan aficionados who have been around for a while now long before hype became pervasive as it is now most likely kept their pairs. The influx of pairs moderately worn that are up for sale are probably from vendors who bought the shoes for the purpose of saying they have them, as stated earlier. Since the shoes have "lost their shine" in the eyes of those sheep looking forward to purchasing what's trendy, they decide to get rid of them and get money to shell out on the next release. That's just my theory.

In other words, the "hype beasts" lost interest. Personally, I am satisfied with my pair and I think they were very well-made.

I have noticed the slack in quality materials over the years with some shoes looking like straight up pleather. The previous III retros from years ago IMO are much better made. I bought the fire reds a few years ago...and if I say i wore them more than 10 times I'd probably be lying. The paint is chipping like an old colonial house. Sorely disappointed on that. I know these companies are trying to widen the profit margin but c'mon at least use durable materials. And I'm not hard on shoes at all. I look at the leather Adidas uses on it's retros across the board...Nike and JB don't come close. I've heard it said company members troll these forums for info/input/data or what have you. I hope they see this and it strikes a chord. But on the other hand as long as people don't demand better and prove it at the register...nothing wiill change.

I have noticed the slack in quality materials over the years with some shoes looking like straight up pleather. The previous III retros from years ago IMO are much better made. I bought the fire reds a few years ago...and if I say i wore them more than 10 times I'd probably be lying. The paint is chipping like an old colonial house. Sorely disappointed on that. I know these companies are trying to widen the profit margin but c'mon at least use durable materials. And I'm not hard on shoes at all. I look at the leather Adidas uses on it's retros across the board...Nike and JB don't come close. I've heard it said company members troll these forums for info/input/data or what have you. I hope they see this and it strikes a chord. But on the other hand as long as people don't demand better and prove it at the register...nothing wiill change.

Paint and leather quality has improved over the years since 06' !@% but still isn't anything compared to lets say an 01' or 03' release..

Paint and leather quality has improved over the years since 06' !@% but still isn't anything compared to lets say an 01' or 03' release..

my '11 cement 3s are good quality as far as construction. and the right shoe is painted well, but the left shoe has two small paint flaws. nothing to lose sleep over.

my '11 cement 3s are good quality as far as construction. and the right shoe is painted well, but the left shoe has two small paint flaws. nothing to lose sleep over.

the beast has no direct link to the shoe,
so easy come easy go
holding on to only what remains currently popular with others

some might sell becuase of quality, but i think that segment is
much smaller than the first i mentioned (and others above have mentioned)

Back
Top Bottom