AJ II Union x April 15, 2022

What model would you like to see Union do next?

• III

Votes: 54 48.2%
  • V

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • VI

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • VII

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • VIII

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • IX

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • X

• XI

Votes: 13 11.6%
  • XII

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other

• Total voters
Somebody hit me up on Tradeblock to trade his Grey Fogs for my Kobe 6 Mambacitas that I unfortunately could not wear. After he told me how much of a Kobe fan he is, I decided to take him up on his trade and juat made it an even one. Though folks will think I am totally crazy for trading the Kobes, I would rather for them to go to somebody would could actually fit them and want them for the toe and I can get a shoe that I really wanted without paying resale.....so it was a win-win IMO.

Screenshot_20220507-181846_Tradeblock.jpg
"Worth," "value," a "win," all these types of concepts are 100% subjective. So as long as you're happy, and you view it as a win, cool.

X XXXXX Don’t listen to these people. You probably made someone’s day / week / month; and you’re getting a pair you like, so it’s a win-win. I’ve helped out strangers plenty of times and not once have I ever regretted it.

X XXXXX Don’t listen to these people. You probably made someone’s day / week / month; and you’re getting a pair you like, so it’s a win-win. I’ve helped out strangers plenty of times and not once have I ever regretted it.
Oh, definitely no regrets here! I mean, honestly I probably have a good 5 years or so before I want to move on from all of these sneakers that I have anyway (I do not see myself being a 45+ year old woman rocking all these sneakers), so I will enjoy the pairs that I want to have for the time being. That is it and that is all!

Even as a guy who bought into all the 2s hype right now, I have to agree, this guy is right.

You could've sold those Kobes and been able to get 2 or 3 pairs of these overhyped 2s (depending on size)
I am not a reseller and did not feel like selling them. Again, I did not care about the resale value of the Kobes.....I put on my Tradeblock that I wanted to trade for either a 9 in the Kobes or a 8 or 8.5 in the Grey Fogs and I got want I wanted. The end.

I think he’s saying anybody can say they’re a Kobe fan and that he/she wears your size, but how can you verify that? And yea I don’t mind slinging deals if people gonna toe shoes or if I know the buyers, but there’s also dudes out there who love to buy low and sell higher

I am not a reseller and did not feel like selling them. Again, I did not care about the resale value of the Kobes.....I put on my Tradeblock that I wanted to trade for either a 9 in the Kobes or a 8 or 8.5 in the Grey Fogs and I got want I wanted. The end.
As long as you happy, that’s the main thing. Once shoes change hands or sales go through, I don’t even think about it later. Other than the stuff I should’ve held longer to get more value

Somebody hit me up on Tradeblock to trade his Grey Fogs for my Kobe 6 Mambacitas that I unfortunately could not wear. After he told me how much of a Kobe fan he is, I decided to take him up on his trade and juat made it an even one. Though folks will think I am totally crazy for trading the Kobes, I would rather for them to go to somebody would could actually fit them and want them for the toe and I can get a shoe that I really wanted without paying resale.....so it was a win-win IMO.

Screenshot_20220507-181846_Tradeblock.jpg

that's love, that's community.

You did the right thing. Those Kobes are EXTREMELY overrated and I would have taken the 2s as well.

How are the fees on Tradeblock? I hate supporting these resell platforms, but would love to trade for something I still have DS (ex. extra Playoff 12s I have, Thunder Red 4s, Shadow 2.0). Can't see getting anything I would consider "fair" on these platforms b/c I don't consider any of these shoes, including Unions, worth anything more than retail, but I guess you never know.

This was my first W on Union. Paid invoice on the evening of 4/28. I was wondering why Paypal wasn't an option at checkout. After 11 days and no shipping now I know why. They would probably have thousands of open cases for "item not received" if Paypal was offered.

How are the fees on Tradeblock? I hate supporting these resell platforms, but would love to trade for something I still have DS (ex. extra Playoff 12s I have, Thunder Red 4s, Shadow 2.0). Can't see getting anything I would consider "fair" on these platforms b/c I don't consider any of these shoes, including Unions, worth anything more than retail, but I guess you never know.
65BB9845-19A9-449A-B49A-44770B8165E7.jpeg

Keep in mind too, you can add $$$ to an offer to make it more “equitable” for you and the other person.
Plus even with the fees, it’s better than reselling a pair only to turn around and buy another pair resale, decent way to avoid that 1099 threshold these days

65BB9845-19A9-449A-B49A-44770B8165E7.jpeg

Keep in mind too, you can add $$$ to an offer to make it more “equitable” for you and the other person.
Plus even with the fees, it’s better than reselling a pair only to turn around and buy another pair resale, decent way to avoid that 1099 threshold these days

Thank you. I should have checked their site; sorry man, but appreciate the response. Good point about selling then buying...makes sense.

I finally got shipping too.
Well the label was created and I got a tracking number.

I see when registering on tradeblock there's a referral code field. Not sure what that yields, but if someone wants to DM me your code, I'll use it!

Finally got tracking for Rattan’s for invoice paid on 4/28. Shipping will take an additional 5 business days. I’m not even mad, it’s comical at this point.

Back
Top Bottom