AJ II A Ma Maniere April 29, 2022

Favorite AJ II Collab (besides OW II Chi Lows)

• Doernbecher (2007)

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Just Don Varsity Royal (2015)

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Just Don Beach (2016)

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • Just Don Arctic Orange (2017)

• Off-White Low SP Black Varsity Royal (2021)

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • A Ma Maniere SP (2022)

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • Maison Chateau Rogue (2022)

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Union Grey Fog (2022)

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Union Rattan (2022)

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Nina Chanel Abney (2022)

• Total voters
Man I love James and the gang, but I'm sorry, the AJ2 just can't be saved. We're better off acting like it never happened. It's a good effort by the AMM crew though.

One day.
20220212_101406.jpg

the AJ2 just can't be saved.
Not to disagree with you but why? Once upon a time the same thing was said about the 1. Nobody cared for those after their initial run. The 1 was once an after thought. Then some celebs and hype in the mid 2000s took them off again. And they have been craved non stop ever since. Why cant the 2 have the same luck? If JB actually gave respect to the model, and the right celebs wore them, I think a lot of people would have a different view of them. The 2 is not on every ones want list I get. But the 1 was once like that as well.

Not to disagree with you but why? Once upon a time the same thing was said about the 1. Nobody cared for those after their initial run. The 1 was once an after thought. Then some celebs and hype in the mid 2000s took them off again. And they have been craved non stop ever since. Why cant the 2 have the same luck? If JB actually gave respect to the model, and the right celebs wore them, I think a lot of people would have a different view of them. The 2 is not on every ones want list I get. But the 1 was once like that as well.
Sadly the 2s have not received great colorway treatments, since 2004. A few hit or miss, hopefully that changes this time around

Sadly the 2s have not received great colorway treatments, since 2004. A few hit or miss, hopefully that changes this time around
1s are great for their colorways. At that time in 1984, no one was going there. The 2 was the Jordan with its OWN design. No Nike shoe looked anything like it at all. Yeah the colors were safe, but those were def more against the "Nike grain" than the 1s were. The removal of the swoosh on the side was ballsy as hell. Thats why I put the 2 over. Its the original Jordan design of its own. Can I say that in here? lol. Why does the brand ignore this? People say MJ hated the shoe, I disagree. He was pissed that Nike was back peddling on their word of making his shoe unique compared to the other shoes. Nike did not want a shoe without the swoosh dominating it. The 1 fits perfect with Nike. Nike was not a fan of the 2. For obvious reasons. Thats why he wanted to leave. Had nothing to do with the 2s design. And to this day that is why Nike does not celebrate it.

2s design is garbage.

OW hang tag and crumpling and text made them look great. Same with the union tag. And same with AMM with the hang tag.

Not srs

1s are great for their colorways. At that time in 1984, no one was going there. The 2 was the Jordan with its OWN design. No Nike shoe looked anything like it at all. Yeah the colors were safe, but those were def more against the "Nike grain" than the 1s were. The removal of the swoosh on the side was ballsy as hell. Thats why I put the 2 over. Its the original Jordan design of its own. Can I say that in here? lol. Why does the brand ignore this? People say MJ hated the shoe, I disagree. He was pissed that Nike was back peddling on their word of making his shoe unique compared to the other shoes. Nike did not want a shoe without the swoosh dominating it. The 1 fits perfect with Nike. Nike was not a fan of the 2. For obvious reasons. Thats why he wanted to leave. Had nothing to do with the 2s design. And to this day that is why Nike does not celebrate it.
I mean if NIKE hated the 2s so much, why did we see them create a spin off, The Air python?

Whatever the case is, 2s will remain one of my favorite models! That wing logo on the tongue always gets me. Which is why I hate that the Union 2 removed it for a patch

Last edited:
I just don't like the silhouette, personally. It almost bankrupted the company for a reason. Even the og colorways were bad. Just my personal opinion. I just don't the like 2.

Back
Top Bottom