AJ II A Ma Maniere April 29, 2022

Favorite AJ II Collab (besides OW II Chi Lows)

• Doernbecher (2007)

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Just Don Varsity Royal (2015)

Votes: 16 14.0%
  • Just Don Beach (2016)

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • Just Don Arctic Orange (2017)

• Off-White Low SP Black Varsity Royal (2021)

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • A Ma Maniere SP (2022)

Votes: 36 31.6%
  • Maison Chateau Rogue (2022)

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Union Grey Fog (2022)

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Union Rattan (2022)

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • Nina Chanel Abney (2022)

• Total voters
Curious to see a top 5 ranking.
Honestly, that’s really hard. I’ve been obsessed with UNDFTD 4s for so damn long but I know it’s just because it’s a great cw on an extremely rare pair. Same with Frag 1s. Both of those releases could’ve been GRs and we would’ve loved them but I know their rarity makes them what it is. Dior 1s were also awesome and the European manufacturing made them unique but, similar to the others with the absurd price tag, I think this also adds to the allure. AMM 3s stand out because they were (and still kinda are) fairly attainable and are just a beautiful cw all around with great materials and an even greater message. I got lucky and got a pair for retail and immediately doubled up at resell because of how amazing they were.

3314AA83-9672-4E13-8EAE-56B51F4868BC.jpeg

E0337C34-C566-4E14-9264-93BC9EA3DECD.jpeg

LMAO!

Be interesting to see what they do next. Assuming it’s the IV or V
Which ever model JB wants to push on designers. That’s what they did with the 2s. A-MA, Union,J-Balvin all doing Jordan 2 collabs at the same time has to be JBs doing to build hype for the 2. That way when they eventually retro the Chicago 2s hype will be off the charts for them and once people take Ls on that they will buy whatever Retro + 2s drops.

Chicago 2s will probably do worse on the resale market vs the collabs.

I like the colorway and the toe looks nice and sleek, but I was hoping Jordan Brand was gonna try harder to improve the shape of II mids after how nice the silhouette of the Off-White lows was.

I'll try for retail, but I'm cool on resale just like the Is.

I like the colorway and the toe looks nice and sleek, but I was hoping Jordan Brand was gonna try harder to improve the shape of II mids after how nice the silhouette of the Off-White lows was.

I'll try for retail, but I'm cool on resale just like the Is.
The toe box is vastly improved and you admitted as much. What else on these needs improving on?

Even leaving the snakeskin aside, the black midsole just looks bad. Smokey heel counter looks cheap too imo

Will prob try for retail, but won't be upset with just my 1s and 3s if I miss.

The toe box is vastly improved and you admitted as much. What else on these needs improving on?

The ankle collar looks stubby and overly sloped still, the spine of the shoe is supposed to straighten more from the Nike branding upward, and the entire top half looks more padded than I'd like.

IIs should barely be less sleek than Is are, but from 2004 to now they've looked short, puffy, and clunky in my opinion. Not a deal breaker for me since I'd take a pair for retail like I said before, but if OG colors are following behind these collabs; I was hoping they'd be on mold that finally came close to how nice the originals and '95 joints are.

The run for 2s is a little different. They’ll be gathering all the people on the 2 hype train for collabs only to release the chicagos near end of 2022 in quantities. We’ll see release day how many people are able to grab em

:stoneface:

If they release it through the same method they used for the AMM 1s and 3s then I believe I have a decent chance on scoring the 2s. I do fairly well on those type of drops since the only bots getting through are sophisticated bots not available to the public. AMM releases do a great job for manual users

Back
Top Bottom