AJ "BRED" 13 returning JAN 12, 2013

Was able to pick me the wife and son up a pair because I knew the managers. But to see grown *** men and women run into a mall like its a black friday sale, pushing and shoving each other and trampling over each other is just ridiculous. Im disappointed as hell and sad to say that I will be paying pre order prices because these shoes arent worth my life. All in all I love the shoes, quality isnt the best but so what no one forced anyone to get em. You knew they were going cheap on us. So shut up complaining dammit

Maaaan do I have a story for you guys.

Dropped off my chairs at 1am last night at Bows and Arrows Berkeley. At the time there was 4 guys.
Came back around 5 so I could get some sleep in, 8 guys there. Me and my bud are 9th and 10th in line.
Bows only had 12 pairs available, which is the usual for what they get with these releases. Most people are just waiting in their cars so we don't really mind as long as we get our pairs.
Around 6:50, an ASAP Rocky looking dude comes through drinking lean publicly with another guy and his girlfriend, and then harasses the guy in line who had the sz9 on lock. He asks him, "you willing to die for these size 9s?"
Me and my friend are getting a little worried at this point. So 10 minutes later 2 old school lexuses come through on 22 inch rims or whatever. Guy pops out of the car and puts a Glock 17 to the guy with the sz9 on lock. Anyway, no one ended up getting shot but **** was it close.
Bows Opens and everyone is trying to rush the door completely out of order because of these ignorant ****heads.
The staff basically gives up and passes out 12 pieces of paper to whoever including the ASAP dude and his gangbanging friend.
All in all me and my friend didn't get ours after waiting in 35 degree weather for 5 hours.

TLDR:
Waited for 5 hours, guy in line almost got killed, same gangbangers take spots they didn't wait for.

**** this man.

Damn bruh !! Sorry to hear that, really messed up. I am glad to hear that you guys are alright. That pisses me off man !! That ain't right, these yung ones are getting all brazen now a days. Broad day light his boy pulls a gun to the cat in line ? Seriously ?? Wow, that's out of control. What you got to be strapped to pick up kicks now a days ? SMH ! Cause there ain't no way, I am gonna be on the losing end. If its between me and you, I promise I am walking out. It doesn't help anything, but you got to be protected. That's just messed up that you can't leave the house. This was a little to close for comfort. It doesn't take much to make the news these days. Again I am glad to hear you guys are alright, I hope someone here can help you out. I know ppl always brag about buying like 8 pairs. Guys help this cat out !!! That's a must !!

@EastbayRep - any info at all ? i just payed for 3 items , seems like its just an issue with the XIII's

I think i might be a fan of the raffle system , so far it has worked in my favor.. for some time now i been copping strictly online, for the simple fact i'm not trying to deal with the foolishness that comes with these mall releases.. and now with the raffles it ups my chances to copp what ever i'm going for.. now i can try online  and in store with out having to deal with stampedes 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Maaaan do I have a story for you guys.

Dropped off my chairs at 1am last night at Bows and Arrows Berkeley. At the time there was 4 guys.
Came back around 5 so I could get some sleep in, 8 guys there. Me and my bud are 9th and 10th in line.
Bows only had 12 pairs available, which is the usual for what they get with these releases. Most people are just waiting in their cars so we don't really mind as long as we get our pairs.
Around 6:50, an ASAP Rocky looking dude comes through drinking lean publicly with another guy and his girlfriend, and then harasses the guy in line who had the sz9 on lock. He asks him, "you willing to die for these size 9s?"
Me and my friend are getting a little worried at this point. So 10 minutes later 2 old school lexuses come through on 22 inch rims or whatever. Guy pops out of the car and puts a Glock 17 to the guy with the sz9 on lock. Anyway, no one ended up getting shot but **** was it close.
Bows Opens and everyone is trying to rush the door completely out of order because of these ignorant ****heads.
The staff basically gives up and passes out 12 pieces of paper to whoever including the ASAP dude and his gangbanging friend.
All in all me and my friend didn't get ours after waiting in 35 degree weather for 5 hours.

TLDR:
Waited for 5 hours, guy in line almost got killed, same gangbangers take spots they didn't wait for.

**** this man.
WOW. As I was reading this, I could picture everything happening......I'm glad you all were ok, but why didn't anyone call the cops? TRUTH BE TOLD, these shoes were for sure not to die for let alone to be even be bought. These are pretty crappy.

Dude really camped out for 5 hours in 35 degree weather when almost anything is attainable online.

i hate to ask cause im sure this isnt the right place for this question but, dude i know wants to trade me a pair of 2013 jordan bred 13's for some 2012 jordan bred 11's straight up...fair trade yeah?

@EastbayRep - any info at all ? i just payed for 3 items , seems like its just an issue with the XIII's
Rather than a checkout/server issue, It may have more to do with all these companies running inventory. Eliminate what they have left after the small window that people were able to cop pairs this morning. It's about crunching the numbers of how much they have left of each size for each website, and how many will be put up again. It is Saturday after all. Just a thought.

i hate to ask cause im sure this isnt the right place for this question but, dude i know wants to trade me a pair of 2013 jordan bred 13's for some 2012 jordan bred 11's straight up...fair trade yeah?

Nope! 

Hold onto those 11s, fam. 

If you have the Bred 13's for the Bredd 12's, I would! Not the other way around.

I've bought shoes in some of the worst neighborhoods in America and I've never witnessed an incident like ones being described on here ever. Noway I'm freezing my a** off for hours just to let some dude walk up out of nowhere and get a shoe before. I don't care how many people dude knew. People know who they can pull ish like that on though.

Nope! 

Hold onto those 11s, fam. 
i feel ya but heres the thing i dont like the 11's never  have just enjoy the 13's more cant stand patent leather personally. so in the end are the 11's really worth more? do i really care? i just read on here a page or two ago the 13's were harder to get perhaps so...

OK, so here's my wrap up on these 2013's, if anyone wants to hear about it:

I picked mine up from Champs, got in the car started lookin at it... The leather is softer like someone earlier mentioned. I had the Ray Allen XIII's on my feet when I copped so I was just comparin them to these. The tongue on the XIII is known to be the super big and fat tongue that sticks out, but on these 2013's the tongue is kinda small =/ The nubuck red material does feel a little bit better than previous releases IMO, and definitely better than the nubuck green on my Ray's. However the ****** part that everyone knows is the big plush material which has no 3m, and kinda feels cheap. Besides that on both of my shoes, there is a glue line on the midsole
mean.gif
. Will I keep these? Possibly, but probably not. Maybe I'll use them as trade bait... Just not really feelin these. No where near as nice of a colorway as the Cherry XIII's anyway

If you have the Bred 13's for the Bredd 12's, I would! Not the other way around.
its the 11's i got man, just dont want em really...dont wear jordan 11's, hate the patent leather personally... you know i just get what i love/can...

If you are getting the XI's do the trade before he realizes he's losing....big time

I would've taken a pic of him & the plates, one less low-life on the streets

It's not the first time I've seen these cars around Berkeley.
Next time I see them I will make sure to report them.
Anyway for anyone that lives in the Bay area the cars are two 2001 ES- 300 Lexus Sedans, (or something very similar)
One is a teal-green on 22-24' and the other is tan on 22-24'.

Back
Top Bottom