Air Revolution Returns This Summer...

I'm curious to see if the QS has the same leather as the limited-general releases; I imagine they are the same...
I'll check that out when they both get to my house this week :nerd:

Cool, I'm waiting on that. I've wanted to know that since they first announced the OG's.

Just a heads-up, everybody... I picked up a pair of the blues at Champs and made the mistake of not trying them on before buying them.  I tried them on when I got home and they are very, very uncomfortable.  Some of you are asking how these compare to the recent Air Flight '89s... I own 3 pairs of last year's Air Flight '89s and those are like walking on clouds compared to these.  With the Air Revolutions, it's not just that the sole feels hard, it's like the shoe pushes your foot inwards.  It's the weirdest shoe I've ever owned, comfort-wise, and I own 180+ pairs of Jordan's (mostly) and Nike's.  I literally have never returned a pair of shoes in my 20+ years of collecting, but I will be returning these ASAP.

Last edited:
Saw the white/red here in Manila. I just can't believe the retail here is $150. :lol:

It's dope but comparing to the last retros and the OG's shape, Nike blew it. :rolleyes

Tried em on in store. They are not a comfortable shoe. They will end up in sales eacks like the flights. I will cop then

^^^ Exactly.  Like I said in my previous post... the most uncomfortable shoe I have ever tried on and the first shoe I will be returning in 20+ years of collecting.  I highly recommend trying them on before buying.

Tried em on in store. They are not a comfortable shoe. They will end up in sales eacks like the flights. I will cop then

^^^ Exactly.  Like I said in my previous post... the most uncomfortable shoe I have ever tried on and the first shoe I will be returning in 20+ years of collecting.  I highly recommend trying them on before buying.

Interesting.

Think a insole would help?

^^^ I don't think so.  It's really weird, it's not just that the sole is hard and uncomfortable (which it is also), but the shoe almost pushes your foot inward, so that it feels really awkward when you walk.  At least that's my experience with them.  Strangest feeling shoe I've tried on.

Plus, if you spend $135 on a shoe, you shouldn't have to buy an insole to make them comfortable.

Just to give you guys a comparison, I bought 3 pairs of last year's Air Flight '89s and those a FAR more comfortable.  I said in my other post that the 89s feel like your walking on clouds compared to these.  

The Revolutions are really messed up.

I might try them on tomorrow then. Didn't really want to do that, because I thought I would be tempted at full price at first.

^^^ I highly recommend trying them on first and walk around a bit in the store.  I didn't because I've been collecting for many years and haven't had to try on a pair for a LONG time because I know my size and I am used to newer retros being slightly uncomfortable, but these are terrible, in my opinion.

Good luck.

The 89s that went on sale for $50 a pair put these to shame in terms of comfort

Interesting.

Think a insole would help?
Nope. It has to do with how the toebox is shaped, or maybe the leather on the toebox. Can't describe it but if you were to walk around in these for 2 hours your toes would be bleeding. My toes hurt simply from walking 10 feet to the mirror. Never felt a shoe this uncomfortable. That is not an over exaggeration. WTF Nike

Last edited:
The 89s that went on sale for $50 a pair put these to shame in terms of comfort
Nope. It has to do with how the toebox is shaped, or maybe the leather on the toebox. Can't describe it but if you were to walk around in these for 2 hours your toes would be bleeding. My toes hurt simply from walking 10 feet to the mirror. Never felt a shoe this uncomfortable. That is not an over exaggeration. WTF Nike
I agree 100%.  You are definitely not exaggerating.  I have never felt a shoe this uncomfortable before and unless you try them on for yourself, it's hard to describe just how uncomfortable they are.  Again, it's not that they just don't have a soft insole or something, it's the way the shoe is moulded... they force your feet to the front and instep.  So strange.  Definitely returning them to Champs ASAP.

Damn, I kinda wanted to get these but if they're really that uncomfortable then I don't see myself buying any. The 2012 Flight 89s were one of my favorite pairs of shoes last year too. The only thing that I've had to change up on the 89s as far as comfort goes are the insoles.. they eventually just got worn out from me beating them to death. Those black QS pairs look nice up there too
tired.gif

Man, this was one release i was really looking fwd to... you cats have me bummed out haha :smh:
I'ma set myself up for the worst, and hopefully they aren't as bad when i have them in hand this week.
My QS came from NDC and that "Free" shipping as me waiting forever...
So far the only shoes in history i absolutely could NOT wear were the originals AJ 15 and the Zoom Flight 95.
These Revs HAVE to be better than those joints :nerd:

I come to this site often to get real unbiased opinions, and when I heard the revolutions were dropping I flashed back to high school and how happy I was with them. I had my $ ready to grab but when I saw them in store, IDK, I hesitated cuz the leather didnt look all that great, so I figured I would wait til the price came down a lil, but now after reading about how uncomfortable they are, I'm wondering should I even bother? Guess I'll have to try them on and see

The best advice I can give you guys is to try them on before buying them.  I never try on before buying, but this time I regret it.

Maybe you'll find they feel better than a few of us did.  Everyone's feet are different.  Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom