Air Jordan XXXVII (37) first look…

So is that a yes or no to my question?

hjDKUcI.gif

Yes correct, I believe that I told you that we wanted to hear every single thing that you don't like about them.

Most of us understood that yes, correct.

I actually thought NW went easy on the 37s. Sure he called them hideous but he did give praise to other parts of the design. At the end of the day it's just aesthetics/choice of materials.
Now if performance was *** (or tech specs were lied about, *cough Kobe 4 Protro*), then we'd hear uglier words from NW.
I don't care what NW says, but I have the same opinion about the shoe. 36 many times over this whatever they call it.

I don't think anyone came at you or anyone else because they think the 37's are trash. Most people in this thread didn't like them when they first saw them and still don't really like them.

We'll just get them for basketball.

Now this thread was created on May 9th and we're on page 63.

If Nightwing creates a new video everyday about the 37's until December, wearing different clothes just to tell us about how much he hates the 37's...

Then he'd be like "Y'all".

1662046004047.gif
some people are just bothered because this recent shoe isn't getting much love as the 36.

Idk why but I think these are solid and have potential to be fire with the right colorway. For me, the latest Jordan sneaker has never been about casual appeal. I understand for some it might be that way but I don't really see how as they always pack the latest performance tech by the brand and have been designed for on-court use for such a long time. When I look at these as a real hoop shoe in my rotation I personally see nothing wrong with them. No way is anyone gonna catch me wearing performance basketball shoes casually outside of a retro. There's just too much heat out by Nike and all the different brands to wear a true basketball shoe off court lol.

Niketalk's folk hero called em trash... Y'all gone come at him like y'all came at us for calling em trash?

Trash is trash is trash. Nobody’s on feet shots make these look good, even for basketball. People always use the angle that the new sig is a performance beast. With a shoe this ugly and cheap, I’d rather just ball in a Kobe 5 Protro.

Last edited:
I'm still very much on the fence as far as looks are concerned with the 37, but was really hoping for great on court performance to save the day, even though I had some serious doubts with the new midsole tech choice.

After seeing the 2 reviews posted here, especially the one with the shoe cut off in half, I must admit that I am really REALLY NOT convinced about both the heel comfort and the potential performance aspects of the shoes.
Shoes that are too hard at the heel are horrendeous in my experience, feel like bricks ala AJ 9 retros and often time contribute heel bone inflammation and plantar fascitis, which you never wanna have to deal with as an athlete.

I am almost always on the positive/constructive side of things when it comes to new shoes and even though I was a bit sceptical about the departure from the beloved zoom strobble and eclipse plate in favor of the heel foam choice, I was hoping it might be a maybe nice surprise, but it seems like it isn't after all.

Was initially excited about the pictures and looking fwd to the new CF plate, only to be decieved to learn that it is only for arch support and not extended enough to act as a spring plate like with the AJ 11 which made a noticeable difference when jumping or like with the Air Zoom Alphafly Next % when running.

I mean it's okay to take risks, try things and innovate, but when you got such a winning recipie and you throw it away, you better make sure you got a better one next! Whoever called the shots on those went in the wrong direction, much like with the 33's, and it looks to me more like it's been an imposed business/administrative decision in an attempt to rentabilise some wrong going R&D or take whatever is already in the kitchen as we often see in big corporations,
I know nothing about it from the inside as this is just my personal impression from an outside perspective.

As much as I try to be convinced by the 37 and am always opened to new ideas, no matter from what perspective I look at the shoes, the more it goes they seem to unfortunately miserably fail over and over and over.

It's really a bummer.

Maybe weartesting the shoes will make me change my mind...we'll see, but my expectations are now very very low on these.

Back
Top Bottom