Air Jordan XXXIII first info

It's going to be this when you turn it over (with innovative pull strings on heel) :lol: ..

hotel.png

^^^ that forefoot comfort, warmth, and toe support tho............

“New, innovative component” that looks like it will be the same one already used in a Nike golf shoe and calling it “Flight Utility”?

Maybe there's some hope..the XX8 had unlocked zoom in heel, but recall that portion of the sole didn't protrude like the forefoot. Definitely more practical and reduces the "tippy" feel.
Hopefully the foam carrier for the midsole is React or ZoomX..

Forefoot zoom like the 32 would be great. The heel zoom on the 32 was nice but if they make it larger like the original photos of the 32s, then that should be sweet. I just hope JB makes the midsole and heel of the shoe less stiff than the 32s. The 32s started out stiff and took what felt like an unnecessarily long time to break in. I like the idea posted above about using react or zoomX as the carrier foam. That sounds amazing and innovative.

Still not excited about a BOA style lacing system. I don't feel like that it is cutting edge (BOA has been around since 2001) nor sexy. Just feels like a gimmick and extra weight. Plus, why in the world would you put a lacing mechanism under the arch of your shoe. That's a high stress region of the shoe and seems like it could make the shoe feel clunky by disrupting the heel to toe transition.

Also, I'm hoping these don't have straps or shrouds. Really don't like either.

Still not excited about a BOA style lacing system. I don't feel like that it is cutting edge (BOA has been around since 2001) nor sexy. Just feels like a gimmick and extra weight. Plus, why in the world would you put a lacing mechanism under the arch of your shoe. That's a high stress region of the shoe and seems like it could make the shoe feel clunky by disrupting the heel to toe transition.

Also, I'm hoping these don't have straps or shrouds. Really don't like either.

I feel the same. Also sort of wonder about the wisdom of putting a technical piece like that, with moving parts, in a shock-prone area of the shoe. Maybe it doesn't matter though and there's no concern about it breaking, but with Nike's history of "quality," I'm a bit skeptical.

Regardless, though, I have to say this is fun. Amazing they've kept this shoe undercover this entire time without a real leak. I'm genuinely excited to see the 33 on Thursday. I don't even remember how many years it has been since we got our first look at a new Jordan this way. Reminds me of being a kid and waiting for All-Star Saturday night for the new commercial showing that year's new Jordan, which Mike would promptly bust out the next day during the game.

If there’s some kinda of mechanism in the outsole/ midsole it’s probably just forfoot zoom. They wouldn’t be able to alter a full length bag in that manner. It’s May have a heel bag that we can’t see though?

If there’s some kinda of mechanism in the outsole/ midsole it’s probably just forfoot zoom. They wouldn’t be able to alter a full length bag in that manner. It’s May have a heel bag that we can’t see though?

Was thinking along the same lines, unless it is very small did they sacrifice the heel zoom for whatever lacing technology? Stayed away the 29's and 30's because of lack of heel zoom.

wouldn't it be cool if the mechanism in the center of the outsole is a tuner that could help you adjust the stiffness of the midsole, so when you're wearing it casually, you can tune it "soft", but if you want to break ankles on the hardwood, you can tune it to "ankle breaker". maybe a pump?

Last time they had a cd was the 17 and that didnt go over so well back then :lol: .

Back
Top Bottom