Air Jordan XXXIII first info

upload_2018-9-13_12-40-32.jpeg

Fast-Fit Flight System..? Getting closer..

It makes me wonder if this system locks-down the upper to the midsole and outsole internally. If they could implement this along with a traditional lacing system for the tongue, the shoes could possibly have the best fit ever.

JB used to be ahead of the game with everything but now it seems like they’re playing catch up with everything

I’m curious to see who will be the front man for this shoe...

I'll bet its Victor Oladipo or Jimmy Butler. It could be CP3 or Melo since their sig lines are supposedly done, but I have a feeling JB keeps them in PE retros.

Who is ahead of the game currently?

Depends on what you mean by that. There isn’t one company that is “ahead of the game” in every aspect anymore since the competition in the industry is pretty fierce. Nike/JB still kill it in sales but they aren’t churning classic models out left-and-right like they were in the 90s (arguably their golden era).

Nike has turned Flyknit into arguably the best fabric used on uppers with various levels of implementation including on the LeBron line where it’s actually able to even offer support and structure.

Boost is easily the best foam-based cushioning in the game, in terms of comfort. Nike Fanboys will argue React but I’d still be willing to bet that most people would still choose Boost.

Although they aren’t really acknowledged around here, UA has beat pretty much everyone on performance-per-dollar at retail price.

Hell, even Puma is making strides in the industry that I think they could certainly become much more relevant in 5-10 years.

Jordan Brand has banked on resting on it’s laurels and doing what it does best (cranking out retros and flagship performance models). This has made them a ton of money in sales but, I’d argue, it’s also made them more conservative with their new designs and not hire top, hungry talent to design newer models (hell, they still had Tinker designing the XXXs). This is why we haven’t seen them drop classic like even Nike has done recently with Flyknit Racers/Trainers and, many would argue, React Element 87s-those models had innovative and provocative designs. JB hasn’t really designed anything like that unless you consider putting a huge gloryhole in the side of the shoe accomplishing this.

Last edited:
Depends on what you mean by that. There isn’t one company that is “ahead of the game” in every aspect anymore since the competition in the industry is pretty fierce. Nike/JB still kill it in sales but they aren’t churning classic models out left-and-right like they were in the 90s (arguably their golden era).
Boost is easily the best foam-based cushioning in the game, in terms of comfort. Nike Fanboys will argue React but I’d still be willing to bet that most people would still choose Boost.

This is just my opinion but I think a big part of the reason that no one, really, is putting out much that is considered or will be considered "classic" is because of the differences in the industry today as compared to back then. The sheer ludicrous volume of different models, colorways and releases makes it a totally different climate. Hardly anything has time to become established and entrenched in consumers minds, even within the sneakerhead culture. Literally every day there is news of Look What's Coming Next. Idiots are paying big resale for those Epic React 87s right now. Because it's the shoe of literally RIGHT NOW. Until the next six trendy/faddy shoes drop and everyone forgets about those Epic 87s. Twenty years ago, there were nowhere near as many releases. The Air Jordan only released in a few colorways. Shoes in general had a longer lifespan in terms of cultural relevance.

As for the cushioning tech, I still take Zoom over any foam every day of the week :lol:

Only Air Jordan i have never owned is 2. At this point i have at least one colorway of most of them.
Unless what's coming is an absolute disaster, i will probably buy one pair at some point
Too far down the rabbit hole to walk away.

UA makes the best apparel.
Asics makes the best running shoes.
Nike makes the best basketball shoes.
Adidas makes the best soccer shoes.

Every brand is ahead of somebody in some way.

Back
Top Bottom