Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

Thought I might not be able to find the Xmas at all, but today I randomly went to the mall and checked out Finish Line and they happened to have them in my size. Lucky me lol

That's like what happened to me. Slept on them on release day expecting them to sit for at least a day. Nope. Called several stores in San Francisco area and came up empty.

Disappointed.

Then on the following Friday, I flew to LA to visit friends. Happened to be in Santa Monica, so I checked out nike there. Lo and behold, they still had a few pairs in both my sizes. So I was able to try on a 10.5 and 11, then bought the 11. So happy I was finally able to try on shoes before buying. Like the golden days.

First time in the thread fellas so be easy on me. Anyone know where I can still find the xmas for retail? Really wanna try out the unlocked zoom on court but don't wanna go the super fly 2 or melo m10 route. Thanks.

Beat chances would be ebay .. but you may be able to stock locate with some retailers. May even be able to go to some malls in yournarea u havent been to and see if they have them but thats a lot of leg work depending on how bad u want them.

Beat chances would be ebay .. but you may be able to stock locate with some retailers. May even be able to go to some malls in yournarea u havent been to and see if they have them but thats a lot of leg work depending on how bad u want them.

Thanks for the info. Probably just gonna end up grabbing the black n reds when they drop. I think I initially never gave the xx8s a chance cuz I thought the shroud was hideous. Then the se's came out with the camo n that really pushed em out the picture. But everything I keep hearing about unlocked zoom really has me wanting to pick up a pair.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Probably just gonna end up grabbing the black n reds when they drop. I think I initially never gave the xx8s a chance cuz I thought the shroud was hideous. Then the se's came out with the camo n that really pushed em out the picture. But everything I keep hearing about unlocked zoom really has me wanting to pick up a pair.

It's the way zoom air should have been to begin with. It's springy and responsive!

You guys are making this wait until 2/1 harder than it needs to be!
laugh.gif
lol can't imagine... I've already experienced the XX8 and I'm getting anxious myself

I just tried on the Lebron XI and the XX8 SE is by far a much better shoe for comfort and performance.  In fact, I think the Lebron XI is way overrated, but that is for a different thread.  Anyway, I have 2 of the camo's and the xmas SE on the way and I am still considering getting one of the solid colored ones in Feb!  Does it count as quadrupling up if they are all different colors?  Probably not.

I have 3 XX8s, 1 Se and 1 Lebron XI. You're right its no contest for the XX8, but I like the feel of the shrouded better then the SE. With that said it's between the XX8 and the Bron X as my most comfortable shoe Ive worn. Like many others I cant wait to get the black and reds on 2/1. I know footlocker has the SE for that day as Various styles. Are all sites getting that colorway?

I'm waiting on the blk/red SE's on 2/1 as well. I may play in them once or twice but I want to save them for when my shrouded 28's aren't good anymore. But it seems like they take a beating well, I've played in them ever since I got them last year and they are holding up well with no issues with the bags popping.

I'm waiting on the blk/red SE's on 2/1 as well. I may play in them once or twice but I want to save them for when my shrouded 28's aren't good anymore. But it seems like they take a beating well, I've played in them ever since I got them last year and they are holding up well with no issues with the bags popping.
Is your shrouded pair the launch colorway? (black/electric green)

So do you think the Chicago SEs will sell out quickly on release or can I just stroll  in on 2/1 and not worry about not getting a pair?

Probably will sell out that day online. No stores in Pittsburgh have got any of the xx8s so I don't know how quickly they'd go.

I have 3 XX8s, 1 Se and 1 Lebron XI. You're right its no contest for the XX8, but I like the feel of the shrouded better then the SE. With that said it's between the XX8 and the Bron X as my most comfortable shoe Ive worn.

I just tried on the Lebron XI and the XX8 SE is by far a much better shoe for comfort and performance.  
I have and love both, and personally couldn't decide between the two (Lebron XI and XX8).  I think larger players might appreaciate the Lebrons more than smaller guards.

Last edited:
Man... I know this is a little thing but I've only worn my Xmas xx8 se once, went to grab em and put on today and my black cat decals on the insoles have curled up and peeled off.... Major bummer, I thought it was a nice little detail.

Man... I know this is a little thing but I've only worn my Xmas xx8 se once, went to grab em and put on today and my black cat decals on the insoles have curled up and peeled off.... Major bummer, I thought it was a nice little detail.

Come on man.... you wear shoes who cares about whats on the insoles, nobody can see it anyway.

You guys think any other color laces would work on the Xmas besides orange or black? I was thinking maybe blue or yellow/green laces that would match the patterns on the shoe. What do you guys think?

Back
Top Bottom