Air Jordan XX8 SE Shrouldess Video and Official Pics on Page 1 Shoes Hit Stores 10/11/13

Feeling some of these new colorways, if I miss on any of the Nike ASG pack pry gonna have to get a pair
I hope you get what youre after either way BUT these may not make it thru the week. Then again they may.

Like it was mentioned before these seem to be more produced than the previous cways since they were on the bay for under retail in a decebt amount of sizes/pairs

Maybe a dumb question, but curious what people think 
nerd.gif

If my pair comes in today, I won't be back at my place til about 10 or 11 tonight.  The high temp is about 5 degrees and it will be about -5 regular temp around 10.

Is this bad for the shoe to sit in the cold that long?  If this was a NSW pair or casual shoes I wouldn't be concerned, but I'm worried about how touchy this XX8 midsole may be affected.  My thought is they'll be cool as long I don't play in them when they're that cold and let them warm back up for a day or so.

Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
My initial thought is in your fine but I'm not sure. Guess all depends on how kong they're actually gonna be outside. What time does UPS usually come?

ID have a neighbor or friend come scoop them up just in case though u never kno also better than having them exposed to any pedestrian or something. If anything I'd say they just would a full day to thaw out

rockajs rockajs Do you plan in the post more or do you handle the ball and slash/cut more? I loved the cushion on my regular Lebron Xs (it's supposedly better on the elites), and I like them better when doing post moves. However, the cushion on the SEs is great, springy in the forefoot, and still prevented any knee pain. They feel lighter than the Lebrons and give more range of motion and flex. I'd say to go with Lebron X elite if you play in the post a lot or prefer max cushion over less restricted movement. I'd go XX8 SE if you play facing the hoop more and if your game involves a lot of slashing, cutting, and ball handling. Alternatively, in true NT fashion, you could just buy both lol.

Hope this helps.

Good info here, I'm a Bron 10 fan but they are becoming hard to find and if you do the prices are not what I want to pay for a shoe that is going to get beat up on the basketball court. Still on the fence with these (Jordan 28) because of the air bag though.

@quise2024  Thanks for the reply.  I guess it depends on who Shoejocky is using to ship, be it UPS, USPS, other?  Probably would be outside at longest 7 hrs.  

Maybe they'll just come in tomorrow and this won't be an issue

rockajs rockajs Do you plan in the post more or do you handle the ball and slash/cut more? I loved the cushion on my regular Lebron Xs (it's supposedly better on the elites), and I like them better when doing post moves. However, the cushion on the SEs is great, springy in the forefoot, and still prevented any knee pain. They feel lighter than the Lebrons and give more range of motion and flex. I'd say to go with Lebron X elite if you play in the post a lot or prefer max cushion over less restricted movement. I'd go XX8 SE if you play facing the hoop more and if your game involves a lot of slashing, cutting, and ball handling. Alternatively, in true NT fashion, you could just buy both lol.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for all the info REPPED! I play mostly 2 or 3 so from your advice imma have to go with the XX8 SE gonna try them on at my local HoH hopefully they don't sell out too fast :x

Everybody gonna be there for BHM's too so if they strike out they might just scoop up the XX8's as consolation :nerd:

@quise2024

well ok this is just my initial on feet feel cos ive only tried the melo m10 in footlocker. 

there r a few key differences - even tho the same tech was used in the m10 cushioning system, it does not feel anythin like the regular xx8, it doesnt have that plush step or the springy lift, instead it feels flat and unresponsive.  now in terms of cushioning the se is something inbetween the regular xx8 and the melo m10, u can feel it work under ur feet but it just isnt at the same lvl as the regular xx8.

the stiffness interior of the shoe (m10) is somethin comparable to the superfly 2.  given a break- in period, the m10 "might" feel less rigid cos of the decent material used.  However, the superfly 2 i think wont change much as in interior foot feel cos of the synthetic material used, and so even after the break-in period,  the stiffness of the shoe would still remain.

i hope this helps on why i didnt like the m10 much when i tried it on a few weeks ago.

xx8 > xx8 se > m10

was thinkin how much i love the upcoming xx8 bamboo CW - i have to say, it would be a very hard choice between those and the "unreleased" xx8 se black/gold pe/sample.  i absolutely loved that CW for the se. 

Last edited:
Maybe a dumb question, but curious what people think :nerd:

If my pair comes in today, I won't be back at my place til about 10 or 11 tonight.  The high temp is about 5 degrees and it will be about -5 regular temp around 10.

Is this bad for the shoe to sit in the cold that long?  If this was a NSW pair or casual shoes I wouldn't be concerned, but I'm worried about how touchy this XX8 midsole may be affected.  My thought is they'll be cool as long I don't play in them when they're that cold and let them warm back up for a day or so.

I think you will be good. UPS trucks don't have heat in them so they have been in the cold sinc they were unloaded from the sorting facility.

fyi, fellas...

my SEs arrived today from shoejocky. i did not pay extra for expedited shipping, but they were shipped priority from ny and arrived in wv in 2 days. will def do business with them again.

fyi, fellas...

my SEs arrived today from shoejocky. i did not pay extra for expedited shipping, but they were shipped priority from ny and arrived in wv in 2 days. will def do business with them again.
What state do you live in?  If you don't mind me asking...

Thanks for all the info REPPED! I play mostly 2 or 3 so from your advice imma have to go with the XX8 SE gonna try them on at my local HoH hopefully they don't sell out too fast
sick.gif

Everybody gonna be there for BHM's too so if they strike out they might just scoop up the XX8's as consolation
nerd.gif
Glad I could help.  One more thing I forgot to mention is that you should consider the issues some people are having with the forefoot airbags popping.  It isn't happening to everyone, but it is definitely a noteworthy issue to consider.  If they're your only pair for ball, and the airbag pops, then you won't have any shoes to play in while you get a replacement or a refund.

from the Nike Release Calendar
[table][tr][td]02/14/14[/td][td]Air Jordan XX8 SE[/td][td]Volt Ice/Metallic Gold-Black-Infrared 23[/td][td]$150[/td][td]656249-723[/td][/tr][/table]

Anyone know if NTLA or Santa Monica is getting these in? Specifically the grey pair.

Number I have in my phone for NTLA went straight to busy and I kept hearing a fax machine sound when I called Santa Monica.

Maybe a dumb question, but curious what people think :nerd:

yeah i had to take my xx8 SE's out of my car because we had snow over the night a couple weeks back. i was just so paranoid the freezing temps were going to mess with the zoom bags. i just didnt want to risk anything lol.

I told myself I wasn't buying another pair of these and the pics of the black/red are making it harder and harder to resist!

Ugh my SEs dodnt make it today! Damnit man :frown:

Well i guess unless they were sent via UPS or FedEx since i paid for a different shipping option cuz the post man already made his rounds

from the Nike Release Calendar
[table][tr][td]02/14/14[/td][td]Air Jordan XX8 SE[/td][td]Volt Ice/Metallic Gold-Black-Infrared 23[/td][td]$150[/td][td]656249-723[/td][/tr][/table]
Nice.  The ASG version.  It is also on Eastbay's release calendar.  Count me in for these for sure.

Turns out I got $125 in Nike gift cards from my credit card's reward program. Cant turn em down for $25 + tax. Lol

Back
Top Bottom