Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

:x those 7s are ugly too, and I know well the 8s are going to be too. The 9s will be pretty :pimp: though if its a green outsole and black jumpman

I will be getting the XX8 on release date just as I have with every Jordan before it. I can't remember the last time a yearly Jordan release was flocked when it first came out, Until 10 years later. Not saying these will be classic later in time as they are very different and risky. I for one enjoy the opportunities to separate myself from the retro head Hypebeasts and stay true to the OG Jordan line. I like to be different and stand out from the crowd and the sig Jordan allows me that opportunity each year until the hype builds and they re retro and then you get shot over a damn shoe. JB on twitter is retweeting nicekicks articles detailing how each sig was risky at its time and how they didn't have a ton of love from the public at the beginning. I think that is their point of the #XX8daysofflight. However I think they have to do something more to promote these. A commercial with the man himself would be an essential key. These are the craziest Jordan I have personally seen but I like that. JB has a huge challenge ahead of them in getting these to the general public and retroheads.

I admit that nobody should feel bad that someone likes a shoe the mass dislikes. I rocked jordans
When the popularity decreased after mjs final retirement in 2003.
I actuall was looking forward to buy the 2013,
As i like the 2011 and 2012 a lot.
Im just very disappointed about the high zipper/sleeve design which is not really original as
There have been enough nike basketball shoes
Where u could wear them unzipped and looked
Better than these.
The sole design looks very cool of the XX8.
Hopefully they release a low or midcut of
The XX8 without the zipper/sleeve and a shorter
Tongue at a more reasonable retail price.

I will be getting the XX8 on release date just as I have with every Jordan before it. I can't remember the last time a yearly Jordan release was flocked when it first came out, Until 10 years later. Not saying these will be classic later in time as they are very different and risky. I for one enjoy the opportunities to separate myself from the retro head Hypebeasts and stay true to the OG Jordan line. I like to be different and stand out from the crowd and the sig Jordan allows me that opportunity each year until the hype builds and they re retro and then you get shot over a damn shoe. JB on twitter is retweeting nicekicks articles detailing how each sig was risky at its time and how they didn't have a ton of love from the public at the beginning. I think that is their point of the #XX8daysofflight. However I think they have to do something more to promote these. A commercial with the man himself would be an essential key. These are the craziest Jordan I have personally seen but I like that. JB has a huge challenge ahead of them in getting these to the general public and retroheads.

This!!!

Well said bro!! Lookin' forward to coppin' my XX8s!!

realest talk...

None of these will be copped. I'm not fan of the color green. That's the main reason I gave my Altittude 13s to my cousin.

Last edited:

The ultimate celebration of Air Jordans to date
28 days. One dedicated to each Air Jordan. Starting with the iconic Air Jordan I, we’re counting down to the release of the revolutionary Air Jordan XX8 by celebrating the Jumpman legacy one Air Jordan at a time. Along the way, we’ll drop exclusive content featuring athletes, designers and special guests. Fans around the world can get involved by rocking their Air Jordans and posting pictures to Facebook and Instagram with #XX8DaysOfFlight.

The past inspires the future. The Air Jordan XX8 will be the latest in a long line of Air Jordans to raise the bar and push basketball shoe innovation to a whole new level.

It starts with the stealth upper. It features stretch synthetic textile for increased support and a clean, ultra modern look.

The star of the XX8 is the revolutionary Flight Plate System. It features a carbon fiber plate that deflects force and maximizes Nike Zoom Air for elite responsiveness. This innovation allows for the separation of the forefoot and heel for the first time ever in an Air Jordan.

The XX8 sheds weight while supporting your game from the ground up. The molded, external, carbon fiber heel serves as a natural extension of the Flight Plate to help make this the lightest Air Jordan ever.

Here's a performance review if you want to hear

Also these Jordan's in the black/volt colors are just a way to build up the black/volt colorway of the XX8 and build a connection between the classic ones and the new one.

Are any of these colorways coming out or is this just a teaser?

Black/volt is supposed to be the XX8's "signature color"

So they're just building the hype for the weird-looking new Jordan that MJ never wore in his career by using those colors on old Jordans that MJ did wear in his career.

It's a really shallow strategy, but they're trying to build a connection between the XX8 and the I-XIV.

So no it doesnt' seem like they'd ever come out. Especially with all that nice looking leather :lol:

Can't wait for the 9s I hope they don't cut the green off 1/2way through the sole. I want the whole outsole green with a black jumpman

I'm ready to get the XX8's  I bet they are performance beast and I think they look good on feet too.  
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom