Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

LMAO LIES, the HOH near my house still has my size (Jordan's size)

these things are STILL sitting, stop trying to make them seem like theyre selling out everywhere

Hard to believe. I travel a decent amount and was looking out for a pair for someone. This is the first store I've heard of that didn't completely sell out of the black/volt in the first couple of days. Furthermore I've consistently heard that Nike had stores in smaller markets ship back their leftover XX8s after a couple of weeks (which is presumably where restocks in big markets came from).
idc what you believe, theyre there guy

if you live somewhere like LA/NYC/MIA/BOS/CHI/SEA then of course youre screwed on pretty much every release unless you like AF1s

the HOH near me still has my size (which is a difficult size to have)

Wow!  Did that happen after balling?  If so how many games did you run? Tragedy. 
ohwell.gif

If that's from ballin I ain't mad. If that's fresh out the box I'd take them/send them back.
you sound crazy duke, $250 BASKETBALL shoes, and you think thats ok if that occurred while he was playing BASKETBALL

$250 boy, you crazy

you sound crazy duke, $250 BASKETBALL shoes, and you think thats ok if that occurred while he was playing BASKETBALL

$250 boy, you crazy

Lol so I guess you cats thinks 250 makes them immune to scuffs and scratches while ballin. These kicks could be 1000, unless they are stainless steel they are gonna get a scuff or three when playing. If you mad at 250 kicks getting scratches/scuffs after playing in them you need to stay in the 50-75 range for ballin kicks and wear these for fashion

Lol so I guess you cats thinks 250 makes them immune to scuffs and scratches while ballin. These kicks could be 1000, unless they are stainless steel they are gonna get a scuff or three when playing. If you mad at 250 kicks getting scratches/scuffs after playing in them you need to stay in the 50-75 range for ballin kicks and wear these for fashion

Qft. That's like expecting a Ferrari not to endure the usual wear and tear of driving cause its a performance car.

$250 boy, you crazy

you sound straight slow now

its not a scratch or scuff guy, the midsole is SEPARATING, thats a craftmanship flaw

save the money talk for your child g, all of my expenses are in order

Qft. That's like expecting a Ferrari not to endure the usual wear and tear of driving cause its a performance car.
lmao, NOT

its like expecting a wheel not to fall off of a Bentley because its a hand-built machine, whose main selling point is the pain staking attention to detail

now i see why JB will forever stay rich, he has more dumb people buying his products than smart ones

How's the metaphor invalid?

I guarantee you if you took a Ferrari to a race track and drive it to its limits for 2-3 hours a day, for let's say two months. You would see some type of wear and tear on the exterior of the car.

Same thing with basketball shoes. If you perform in them they're going to look like you perform in them.

Thing is from a consumer standpoint, there's nothing about the shoe that screams it's worth $250. With that said I have never wore a better performing basketball shoe in my life, so I don't mind paying the premium.

It seems like all the people knocking the shoe, are people who haven't tried it. Haven't met nor seen anyone who has actually tried this shoe that didnt like it.

I don't get why people come in the thread saying were stupid for paying the price, the shoes are ugly etc. it contributes nothing to the flow of the thread. Why entertain something that isn't for you?

How's the metaphor invalid?

I guarantee you if you took a Ferrari to a race track and drive it to its limits for 2-3 hours a day, for let's say two months. You would see some type of wear and tear on the exterior of the car.

Same thing with basketball shoes. If you perform in them they're going to look like you perform in them.

Thing is from a consumer standpoint, there's nothing about the shoe that screams it's worth $250. With that said I have never wore a better performing basketball shoe in my life, so I don't mind paying the premium.

It seems like all the people knocking the shoe, are people who haven't tried it. Haven't met nor seen anyone who has actually tried this shoe that didnt like it.

I don't get why people come in the thread saying were stupid for paying the price, the shoes are ugly etc. it contributes nothing to the flow of the thread. Why entertain something that isn't for you?
you dont understand cars fam

you cant step on a production cars throat like that first and foremost, im pretty sure you void the warranty because thats not normal wear and tear bro, thats official racing at an enclosed circuit

so you want to compare that to shoes, playing basketball is in no way shape or form pushing a shoe to its limit unless you are a true athlete, its understandable if Blake Griffin tears his shoes, dude is a monster-person, however John the AT&T analyst playing pick up ball should not be tearing through midsoles, hes not stopping as hard, hes not as big, and he cant produce as much force

idc what you will pay, thats not the point, pay 10 racks homie, what you eat doesnt make me defecate

the point is that THE MIDSOLE SEPARATED, if you're paying premium pricing for a shoe that is supposed to have superior tech and quality (craftmanship) it should not fall apart unless it has high mileage on it

now if dude has clocked in over 400 walking/running miles in his shoes then i take back what i said, he definitely got his 250s worth, but if hes only played 10 games at best and the midsole started separating, thats a serious issue

no one has knocked the shoe at all, this is ONE case where i expressed that the situation was not cool, dude is in every way entitled to a replacement or refund because the shoe should not begin to separate so quickly

again, you dont understand what i said at all if you think i said anything was stupid because youre paying XXX amount of dollars, im saying youre not bright if you think its ok that the shoe is separating from NORMAL (not ABNORMAL) wear of a shoe that has a very high ticket price

^^^^^^. Where did the op say the sole was separating from the shoe? It looks like a scuff...all we are saying is you can't get mad at the effects of wear and tear when a product is used for its intended purpose. If those effects are out of the ordinary, causing a product to fail prematurely, Nike will replace them or gladly give you a refund.

you dont understand cars fam

you cant step on a production cars throat like that first and foremost, im pretty sure you void the warranty because thats not normal wear and tear bro, thats official racing at an enclosed circuit

so you want to compare that to shoes, playing basketball is in no way shape or form pushing a shoe to its limit unless you are a true athlete, its understandable if Blake Griffin tears his shoes, dude is a monster-person, however John the AT&T analyst playing pick up ball should not be tearing through midsoles, hes not stopping as hard, hes not as big, and he cant produce as much force

idc what you will pay, thats not the point, pay 10 racks homie, what you eat doesnt make me defecate

the point is that THE MIDSOLE SEPARATED, if you're paying premium pricing for a shoe that is supposed to have superior tech and quality (craftmanship) it should not fall apart unless it has high mileage on it

now if dude has clocked in over 400 walking/running miles in his shoes then i take back what i said, he definitely got his 250s worth, but if hes only played 10 games at best and the midsole started separating, thats a serious issue

no one has knocked the shoe at all, this is ONE case where i expressed that the situation was not cool, dude is in every way entitled to a replacement or refund because the shoe should not begin to separate so quickly

again, you dont understand what i said at all if you think i said anything was stupid because youre paying XXX amount of dollars, im saying youre not bright if you think its ok that the shoe is separating from NORMAL (not ABNORMAL) wear of a shoe that has a very high ticket price

I think we both misunderstood what each other said.

Agree whole hearted that the sole shouldn't be separating. He's entitled to the refund and all that. But thing is we don't know what his style of play is, the level of ball he is playing etc. However, if he's any type of consistent ball player wear and tear is going to happen. It's just the nature of basketball shoes.
My comment was more so directed to people who don't think the shoe should scuff, scratch because it cost $250.

^^^^^^. Where did the op say the sole was separating from the shoe? It looks like a scuff...all we are saying is you can't get mad at the effects of wear and tear when a product is used for its intended purpose. If those effects are out of the ordinary, causing a product to fail prematurely, Nike will replace them or gladly give you a refund.
JB quality control at it's best
thats not a scuff tho, and he didnt call it a scuff

thats outright separation

I think we both misunderstood what each other said.

Agree whole hearted that the sole shouldn't be separating. He's entitled to the refund and all that. But thing is we don't know what his style of play is, the level of ball he is playing etc. However, if he's any type of consistent ball player wear and tear is going to happen. It's just the nature of basketball shoes.
My comment was more so directed to people who don't think the shoe should scuff, scratch because it cost $250.
oh yea, no doubt, if homie is even a 150lb 6'2 varsity hs wingman i would be on your side because they get high miles, i ran through basketball shoes every month in hs, i played outside, inside, at night with no real lighting to speak of so i understand if homie was doggin them then he cant really do anything but keep wearing them

lmao, NOT

its like expecting a wheel not to fall off of a Bentley because its a hand-built machine, whose main selling point is the pain staking attention to detail

now i see why JB will forever stay rich, he has more dumb people buying his products than smart ones

Lol yeap

Lots of conjecture about what's coming out next weekend, but still no facts. Why is it so hard for us to figure out what's coming out when!?!?

Back
Top Bottom