Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

Anybody else think the XX8 would look a lot better with less branding? I'm thinking maybe a subdued Jumpman on the tongue and no "2/3" on the shroud or exterior branding.

Without the 23, the shroud being popped would look so plain IMO.

The ONLY thing I don't is the clear sole. Glad the other versions have solid rubber.

It definitely is plain, and feels stupid on my feet when I wear it that way. BUT it is definitely the best for performance so I deal.

I'm really curious to see what direction they go with future CWs. There HAS to be a black bulls CW!

The black/royal 1 was indeed a typical sample for successful hype with the factors being made with authentic design wit the mesh tongue and nike air plus being announced as very limited.
The chicago bulls didnt sell out because they had the leather tongue, jumpman, not being limited and the colorway is maybe too red for non-bulls fans.

Limited is relative. It ranges from 1.000 pairs to 25.000 pairs usually. A general release usually has at least 250.000 pairs and are available also for infants and kids.
Jb does not want air jordans sit too much. Not only in matter of prestige but also to avoid low revenue when too many pairs have to be sold at much lower retail.
The limited edition phenomena is not only with air jordans but also with coins, computer games, consoles, cars etc. To lure collectors to spend more money.
thanks for the info on limited and general release numbers, i have been wondering about that

Here's this argument again. Every shoe hits the outlet. It doesn't matter what it is. Yeezy's hit the outlets. Everything hits an outlet. There are always B grades. The real issue is whether you will see them or not. These Jordan XX8's have released in straight QS numbers. Every colorway so far. I wouldn't be surprised if someone got them at an outlet, but they won't be sitting around like any of the Elite line from last playoffs. To say you guna cop something at the outlet and to say that something will sit at the outlets and be had at a big discount are two different things. 

My HOH literally received a full size run and a couple scattered sizes in between for the Color pack from last weekend. They usually get more numbers than that. JB is dropping these in very limited amounts. They don't want a 2012 debacle again and it's working...

Yep!  True words sir.  The 2009-2012 all hit outlets.  But with the QS mentality that JB is using for the XX8 I highly doubt many will be found there.  If they do it will be pure luck or some quality control issue.  I was able to get the pair(s) that I have for less than retail but I don't see anyone getting multiple colorways for discount at an outlet.  

honestly, only time will tell how many pairs hit outlets. the QS mentality is just smoking mirrors. Look at the so called limited oly 7 retros last year and how many hit outlets a few months later as a prime example.

honestly, only time will tell how many pairs hit outlets. the QS mentality is just smoking mirrors. Look at the so called limited oly 7 retros last year and how many hit outlets a few months later as a prime example.
I agree with this QS mentality. The bigger markets have sold out but the smaller ones have some pairs sitting. My HOH is in SLC, UT and they have a FSR of the Red and Blue. I think pairs will hit the outlets but not very many. It will be in outlets but i bet a few random sizes will be available. 

I agree with this QS mentality. The bigger markets have sold out but the smaller ones have some pairs sitting. My HOH is in SLC, UT and they have a FSR of the Red and Blue. I think pairs will hit the outlets but not very many. It will be in outlets but i bet a few random sizes will be available. 

history tells us you really cant predict how many will hit outlets.

another example is the all star XX3 - was projected as limited but hit outlets in large numbers a couple months after release. you have to absorb what im saying... neither you nor me nor any other outside can accurately guess how many pairs are really floating out there or how many will hit the outlets. QS does not necessarily mean low availability at the outlets.

If anything, they'll recall all the ones sitting at the small market HOH and send them straight to the highest volume outlets at once knowing they'll move.

They won't be across the country though.

another example is the all star XX3 - was projected as limited but hit outlets in large numbers a couple months after release..

I was under the impression that those were all b-grades. Maybe I'm wrong.

another example is the all star XX3 - was projected as limited but hit outlets in large numbers a couple months after release. you have to absorb what im saying... neither you nor me nor any other outside can accurately guess how many pairs are really floating out there or how many will hit the outlets. QS does not necessarily mean low availability at the outlets.
Yeah, but with those two examples you just gave BigJ, I can tell you for a fact my HOH received over 5x the amount of pairs for the XX3 All stars and the Olympic VII's than they did each color of the XX8's. They actually received less pairs per colorway so far of the XX8's than they did the Royal I's. You're right about the outlet numbers though. That's something we will never have a grasp of, and something we can't really figure out.

Then again JB might just be sitting on a huge stock of these and will drop them again later on so people will buy them up with a quickness. Now THAT I wouldn't be surprised with.

What it all boils down to: Buy what you like when you have the opportunity. If $250 is too steep, then pass on it. If you get them 6 months later at $120, cool. No reason to knock the guy that pays $250 for these. And no reason to knock the guy waiting for the discounted "outlet price".

The color is Electric Green, not volt! Jordan is lisensed to Electric green.
Volt is used on Lebrons and kobes! Also The Pattern Image used for the XX8'S
Is Thermal vision, not Camo.

another example is the all star XX3 - was projected as limited but hit outlets in large numbers a couple months after release..

I was under the impression that those were all b-grades. Maybe I'm wrong.

Nope. A grades hit the outlets all the time too. 

yup... but when we talking outlets... does b grade even matter? shoes are pretty much flawless for the most part.

saw the red camo's in person... like others said I was very dissapointed. The color is more dark orange. I love the black/clear sole CW

It's bright frickin green, we gonna call it volt. :lol:

Camo is easier than Thermal too. People won't stop saying it. :smh:

it's all ugly so who cares
roll.gif

It's bright frickin green, we gonna call it volt.
laugh.gif

Camo is easier than Thermal too. People won't stop saying it.
mean.gif
On the XX8 box it is Electric Green. Jordan Brand used volt on the Grey 2012's. They fall under Nike's umbrella so they can use the volt license too.

After wearing a pair of these zipped up, I realized the fell of them was exactly like a motorsport riding shoe. I owned a pair of Dainese riding boots, and the height, feel and cut of the boot is very similar to the xx8. I wonder if that was a factor in the creation process...
I can attest that these are the best riding shoes I have worn. The clutch feels like it is being used by a glove. 

yup... but when we talking outlets... does b grade even matter? shoes are pretty much flawless for the most part.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I know A-Grades are always at outlets. It was my understanding that those particular outlet XX3s were B-Grades.

Finally got minez in the mail today from Eastbay. BLK/Electric green. To be honest I was kinda
disappointed in the look. But after seeing pics of them in every angle, and seeing
The video with Tinker and learning the history behind them and why they were wut they were
and why they were built like a boot. Also Black shoes and clothing is usually
How I roll. I gotta say these R straight fire! Most lightest and comfortablist J ever.
No matter how or where you rockem, they look G.

Back
Top Bottom