Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

youd think Marcus Jordan would show us something worthwhile, not pictures of the same **** I bought at footlocker.

I don't wear retros. They are poorly made imitations of the originals. Some of us have been around long enough to have worn the real thing.

You may think of Jordans as being style over substance, but some of us have been around long enough to realize that the style of the new Air Jordan has been panned almost every year. All of the classics you know and love sat on clearance racks. Many of them were performance beasts though and the recent editions have been great on the court as well.

Nobody is denying the artistry of a great sneaker design, but nowhere did I say I was a collector. I am an athlete. Air Jordans are athletic equipment. If you want to view them as art, be my guest, but I would suggest that those that view them as collectibles are that ones getting caught up in the hype, not those who are buying them for their intended purpose (sports performance).

If you don't want to wear a great performing shoe that you don't find physically attractive, again, be my guest. I value my health and safety more than I value being "cool." If you want to run in circles where your footwear determines your status, yet again, be my guest. I prefer to run in circles where your status is determined by the size of your yacht.

I have no problem throwing out my shoes each year. By the end of the year, they're all beat up anyway. Last week I threw out three pairs of Lebron IXs, two pairs of Air Jordan 2012s, two pairs of Air Max Hyperdunk 2011s and one pair of Air Shox Hyperballers.

I've had pretty much every top of the line Nike or Jordan you can think of since the late 80s, I've worn them all for their intended purpose, and I've thrown them out when they were beat up.

They are shoes, not trophies.

I've been wearing Jordans since 92 and as much as I loved them, they were never the best performance basketball shoe. Hate to burst your bubble but that's just how it is. So thanks for acting like I'm a n00b, but no, OG Jordans were not some great performance shoe the way some of you would like to recreate history just to slant retros. The funniest part is that I still own a number of OGs that are wearable and to suggest the retros are much - if any - worse from a performance standpoint is laughable.

Surprised no Jordan kicks have the Nike Basketball plus technology since they seem to be geared towards performance.

I don't wear retros. They are poorly made imitations of the originals. Some of us have been around long enough to have worn the real thing.

You may think of Jordans as being style over substance, but some of us have been around long enough to realize that the style of the new Air Jordan has been panned almost every year. All of the classics you know and love sat on clearance racks. Many of them were performance beasts though and the recent editions have been great on the court as well.

Nobody is denying the artistry of a great sneaker design, but nowhere did I say I was a collector. I am an athlete. Air Jordans are athletic equipment. If you want to view them as art, be my guest, but I would suggest that those that view them as collectibles are that ones getting caught up in the hype, not those who are buying them for their intended purpose (sports performance).

If you don't want to wear a great performing shoe that you don't find physically attractive, again, be my guest. I value my health and safety more than I value being "cool." If you want to run in circles where your footwear determines your status, yet again, be my guest. I prefer to run in circles where your status is determined by the size of your yacht.

I have no problem throwing out my shoes each year. By the end of the year, they're all beat up anyway. Last week I threw out three pairs of Lebron IXs, two pairs of Air Jordan 2012s, two pairs of Air Max Hyperdunk 2011s and one pair of Air Shox Hyperballers.

I've had pretty much every top of the line Nike or Jordan you can think of since the late 80s, I've worn them all for their intended purpose, and I've thrown them out when they were beat up.

If you have that much money to throw out, good for you. I ball in converse and I have never messed up an ankle. They can toss this performance crap all they want. What matters is what's comfortable when you play.

Last edited:

Now these are using the potential of the 28's IMO..... something about these are very highend ish

I'd cop the white, red and black one's, but man, that price :smh:. I really hate to keep bringing it up, but ****

Last edited:
Did you see the sale price on eBay for them? A lot of pairs selling well above retail.
Selling or listed. Plus when I look at eBay I always pay attention to what gets relisted due to none pay. Just add a few shoes to your WatchList when you see a crazy price and watch what happens, LOL.

FYI. I see a 5.5 GS restock on FNL. Good pair for your kid if they really play "ball".

That's expected for pretty much every Jordan release

I can't believe someone would pay above retail. I was watching a Joker end at $340. Do people not know these are releasing later. These over retail prices just lets Nike know they can charge more than $250 smh..

The XX8 is first and foremost about being a top-performance athletic shoe (the opposite of what the retroes have become), yet in this day and age style has become an integral part of these shoes - and at the whim of the designers and/or athletes they were designed for.

You have Tinker showing up like a hipster at an art house to the XX8 debut... Nike making all these "lifestyle" colors of shoes... Lebron's having tongues that can be popped out over jeans (the prototypes didn't have this, so it wasn't a necessary athletic feature)...

So part of the intended purpose of these shoes have become stylish appeal on and off the court, even if it is just to capitalize on the people that have been buying them up in years past and not letting them touch the court.

I can't believe someone would pay above retail. I was watching a Joker end at $340. Do people not know these are releasing later. These over retail prices just lets Nike know they can charge more than $250 smh..

JB knows they have a lot of people hooked. Retroes will be priced $200 one day, whether it's 5 months from now, or 5 years, either way it's gonna happen. It's a combination of thirst and people having money to blow on why people pay over retail.

I've been wearing Jordans since 92 and as much as I loved them, they were never the best performance basketball shoe. Hate to burst your bubble but that's just how it is. So thanks for acting like I'm a n00b, but no, OG Jordans were not some great performance shoe the way some of you would like to recreate history just to slant retros. The funniest part is that I still own a number of OGs that are wearable and to suggest the retros are much - if any - worse from a performance standpoint is laughable.

Sorry but i dont remember that there was a better
Basketballshoe for guards in 1993 and 1994 than the
Og aj 8 and 9.
The aj 14 in 1998 was also a great shoe for players who
Need quickness a lot.
Aj 15 was a big disappointment while aj 16 and 17 were
Very good shoes to ball again.
Aj 18 was a bit too boxy at the toe box,
Aj 19 was overall good but the soft cushioning is not
Recommended for guards who need a quick step.
20 was average, while the 21 was a very good basketballshoe
Again.
Aj 22 to 2009 i dont have so i cannot tell.
Aj 2010 i havent balled in yet.
Aj 2011 is my favorite air jordan to play competitive basketball so far,
Light, comfortable, great grip.
Aj 2012 i havent balled yet but many said they are even better.

cant decide between red an blue camo. Red got the classic jordan feel, blue would match more of my clothes.

An being from pittsburgh i even gotta think about the yellow matching all sports stuff lol.

Last edited:
youd think Marcus Jordan would show us something worthwhile, not pictures of the same **** I bought at footlocker.

from a business standpoint that makes no sense, since the object is to get you to buy what they want you to buy at the moment

if he shows something worthwhile thats for the future or never comes out, then that distracts attention away from current underwhelming xx8's
believe it or not marcus is apart of jordan brand marketing

Back
Top Bottom