Air Jordan XX8 aka 2013, new "Proplate Zoom" Technology OFFICIAL THREAD.

I wouldn't talk to guy wearin these because these have no style, meanin he has no style or swag
nerd.gif
. If he's cute, and just came from the gym wearin these, maybe lls
wink.gif
. These look cheaply made, can't be wit a dude wearin cheap shoes
mean.gif
KiKi I don't know how old you are but what you are saying is really immature if you are a grown woman.  I can understand a woman wanting a well dressed and groomed man but totally writing a guy off simply off shoes is crazy.  The shoes aren't cheap they cost $250.  If you don't like the shoes that's cool and I'm not trying to make you like them, I just think you should look for more out of a mate.  

Blue and Red Camo for sure this weekend.  Got the Stealth's and have never worn a shoe this comfortable.  Can't wait to ball in these.

Just saw this on footlocker twitter. Looks like 3/2/13 release. Reminds me of the XX regional release. With that being said, getting all three if possible.
The blue pair is very tempting for me, just can't get myself to drop for 250, maybe if they sit for a little bit I'll go for them
Thing is when i load the launch locator nothing shows up on where they will sell? Also on nikestore release calendar nothings comes up. Hopefully answers will be answered soon. Need all 3!

Got the black/green and love them. Dont really care for the camo print and the booty inside of all the camo pairs should have been a different color. Im waiting on a black/true red pair, replace the green with red. Could def be a shoe i could see mj rocking as a bull.

Do people actually like the 'camo/night vision' graphic?  I love the XX8s, but absolutely hate that graphic.  Would of copped the Red/Blue pairs if the upper was just a solid Red/Blue.  Throw a clear outsole on them and they would of been 
smokin.gif

Pic that Marcus Jordan just tweeted out
The Red/Camos with the Black/Red Givenchy sweater is crucial.   Can't hate on the guy though, if I was MJ's kid I'd have all the latest stuff too.  Probably wouldn't put it on twitter or instagram though.  
roll.gif

I don't like that they are calling these the XX8's. :smh:
For me the Air Jordan stopped at XX3.

Bill Russell won 11 NBA championships, but I have a feeling whatever shoes he was wearing are not going to be nearly as comfortable on the court as my Air Max Hyperposites.

I don't care who wore what when. I care about how a shoe performs. Period. Anything else = hype.

LOL if you care about performance why are you even messing with Jordans, retro or present? They're notoriously style over substance. And to deny the artistry of a great sneaker design is to miss the entire point of collecting. There's some GREAT performing shoes that would never reach my feat because they are uglier than sin. Reebok basically went out of business for this exact reason.

But thanks bro. It's only about having the latest technology that makes a shoe worth wearing. Get back to us next year when you have to throw your 2013 pairs out.

Last edited:

Lol indeed. But the xx8 look good on the 96 MJ.
The aj 9 were the first air jordan that splitted the opinion in the public. Since then, almost every air jordan were either loved or hated because of their inconventional and partly radical designs.

LOL if you care about performance why are you even messing with Jordans, retro or present? They're notoriously style over substance. And to deny the artistry of a great sneaker design is to miss the entire point of collecting. There's some GREAT performing shoes that would never reach my feat because they are uglier than sin. Reebok basically went out of business for this exact reason.

But thanks bro. It's only about having the latest technology that makes a shoe worth wearing. Get back to us next year when you have to throw your 2013 pairs out.

I don't wear retros. They are poorly made imitations of the originals. Some of us have been around long enough to have worn the real thing.

You may think of Jordans as being style over substance, but some of us have been around long enough to realize that the style of the new Air Jordan has been panned almost every year. All of the classics you know and love sat on clearance racks. Many of them were performance beasts though and the recent editions have been great on the court as well.

Nobody is denying the artistry of a great sneaker design, but nowhere did I say I was a collector. I am an athlete. Air Jordans are athletic equipment. If you want to view them as art, be my guest, but I would suggest that those that view them as collectibles are that ones getting caught up in the hype, not those who are buying them for their intended purpose (sports performance).

If you don't want to wear a great performing shoe that you don't find physically attractive, again, be my guest. I value my health and safety more than I value being "cool." If you want to run in circles where your footwear determines your status, yet again, be my guest. I prefer to run in circles where your status is determined by the size of your yacht.

I have no problem throwing out my shoes each year. By the end of the year, they're all beat up anyway. Last week I threw out three pairs of Lebron IXs, two pairs of Air Jordan 2012s, two pairs of Air Max Hyperdunk 2011s and one pair of Air Shox Hyperballers.

I've had pretty much every top of the line Nike or Jordan you can think of since the late 80s, I've worn them all for their intended purpose, and I've thrown them out when they were beat up.

They are shoes, not trophies.

Exactly.
Rather pay a bit more for a really fuctional and state of the art basketball shoe than paying a totally overpriced retro with inferior materials.
Would only pay 200 for a retro 3 if the quality and details are identical to the ogs from 1988.
But these are just like the 2011 retros with a different rubber heel tab.
Word. Try getting that across to dudes in the cement III thread and they'll call you salty for missing on some cheap quality retro with a gimmicky Nike Air on it. 

KiKi I don't know how old you are but what you are saying is really immature if you are a grown woman.  I can understand a woman wanting a well dressed and groomed man but totally writing a guy off simply off shoes is crazy.  The shoes aren't cheap they cost $250.  If you don't like the shoes that's cool and I'm not trying to make you like them, I just think you should look for more out of a mate.  
 Dude you're trying to reason with a woman. When has that ever worked? For them logic and reason is about as foreign as fixing a car

Back
Top Bottom