Air Jordan XI *COOL GREY* *12/23/10 NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING! YOU WILL BE BANNED!!

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

Some dudes are already calling these the Grey Space Jams.
laugh.gif
You're joking right?

They can't be out there saying that.

nah hes prbly right i had on my 01' blk/red xi & someone asked where i got my red space jams from i looked him in the eye SMH & kept it moving & didnt say a word

It happens every release of the 11's.   Whether it would be resellers or anyone, they are usually gone within hours. 

Yes those anniversaries are sitting on sites, but they still sold out on release day right?  

I just know people are gonna be camping out the night before.

I still haven't seen 2 pairs that look exactly alike.

I'm losing interest in these slowly...I want to see a picture that captivates the essence of these.

i agree with ur point now u saying they will sell out but im comin from different point of view... i believe that if you dont get them release date you wont pay too much more in resale price.. it wont be space jame prices.. i mean people was pushing those for almost near double.. nobody was lowering they price on those... cool grey 11s i dont see that resale price being on space jam value at all.. People change i see alot people saying they have disinterest on these.. I dont remember seeing that nor reading that when the space jam 11s came out.. 

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I'm losing interest in these slowly...I want to see a picture that captivates the essence of these.

I agree, they are very deceiving.  Every pic tell a different story.  I don't know what to believe now.

We need to see great pics.   

did you lose interest when they drop in 2001 or you said im getting those no doubt bout that ??? i want to know cause i believe people are feelin different about jordan retros in 2010.. then they was years ago.. Yes i do agree these kicks are hot but these are looking like one on one's.. Every pair look different.. Good pick up though homie!!

Looking around on ebay it seems to me, that these are no where near the SJ prices from last year. it also seems that more sites have these early than compared to last year when it about 1 are 2 sites that had the SJs. But that means nothing because these will sellout just because they are an jordan 11. all 11s sellout no matter what

i dont remember the early situation last year on the space jams didnt really pay notice to it. but this year i do see alot early joints in circulation.. 

Yall are all wrong for the simple fact that i seen cats who make real good money that couldnt buy the Space Jams for there kids last december,then i seen cats who were struggling day to day that dont buy clothes or shoes that much get the Space jams with ease.My point is that it might even be worser than the Space Jam release cause whoever didnt get there pair of Space Jams last time around will be really up on it to try there hardest to get these just because they didnt get the Space Jams.Now add that with the same hypebeasts+kids+parents+grandparents+regular shoe collectors=another Space jam type of release.The economy means nothing when JB releases an 11 with any type of color on it in december,poor people,middle class people,and rich people are all gonna come out for this release just like they did for the Space jam release.I personally know people who dont have computers who arent even NT members who just come on here to look and read comments that are going to try to buy multiples of these just like last december,sleep on these at your own risk once again.

thank you for expressing that in 2001 they meant alot more to you back then as you stated it was beginning of the jordan hype..well its like hip hop then when it was new and fresh people was hype it had its peaks and lows but right now do people care as much as they did in 97 nope.. do they care as much as they did in 2001 nope..  my point is as years past people are losing interest... 2009 hype for space jams will not be 2010 hype for cool greys also we all on same page they will sell out.. all sneakers sell out at the end of the day.. my point is its not space jam hype and its not times have change.. im sorry i know people want it too be at that level but it aint that serious as it was last time last year.. Everybody who want the sneaker DOESNT have to wait to release date to get these the resale price on these will not be crazy high like the space jam price was. Even people who pushing them early right now got these for price thats only 15 to 25 dollars above retail and they guaranteeing you a pair

welcome2jungle wrote:

did you lose interest when they drop in 2001 or you said im getting those no doubt bout that ??? i want to know cause i believe people are feelin different about jordan retros in 2010.. then they was years ago.. Yes i do agree these kicks are hot but these are looking like one on one's.. Every pair look different.. Good pick up though homie!!

LOL well I was almost 15 years old when I was in line for these when they dropped in 2001 at ParmaTown Mall.

For me, at the time - I was just looking for a basketball shoe that matched my CYO team uniforms which were Burgandy/Grey. So when I found out about these dropping, I had to get them - an All-Grey XI shoe?! At that time, that was sort of unheard of. I had just bought the SpaceJams 3 months prior for my middle school basketball team because it semi-matched my uniform but these Cool Greys were something that looked flawless with my CYO uniforms.

I had a game that very day on March 3rd, 2001 at 1:00pm. So all I wanted to do was buy these and go straight to my game. But everything between 9:00am and 1:00pm was HECTIC. Me, my brother and my friend all were lucky enough to get a pair because the other dudes in line didn't follow instructions when the guy working at Footlocker said to line up in front of the register. Instead, everyone rushed in front of the inventory room just screaming out their size, just ambushing the workers. And the manager simply asked us, "you guys, what size do you wear?" Ahh man we were so excited. Mad dudes were scoping us out trying to follow us to our car but luckily my friends mom was already waiting for us in the car. Everything happened so fast after we paid for our pairs but I just remember security rushing to the store and pepper spraying people because they were abusing the workers.

So I barely made it to my game that day. I ran to the locker room, threw them on with a
happy.gif
 on my face and wore them that very day...I may have pictures of me wearing them but I have to look around..

But that's why these mean a lot to me. Anyone who was part of the first Cool Grey XI release would tell you this: that's probably when the Jordan Retro hype all began...if you would've seen NT back than!

p.s. Can you imagine how the Cherrywood 16's went with my uniforms?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

let me ask you this was the unemployment rate around 10% in 2001?? cmon man this economy is struggling partna dont know what you been reading retail is hurting more than ever.. people aint buying things like they used to... Will they sell out yes! Will they sell out in couple hours like space jams i dont think soo... Let me gets this right you telling me right now these selling out on net in minutes or hours like the space jams did last year??? Stores selling out in couple hours??? You telling me bout 2001 but its 2010 i mean.. 
homie despite whether it has history or not....its a 11...hype is high 
i thnk they will sell out within hours. at least within that same day

You absolutely right for a 11 hype is high.. i care for the 11 more than any jordan myself but i do believe those 13s will interfere with the hype.. those 13s more in demand this year than those 12s where last year...

Originally Posted by welcome2jungle

You absolutely right for a 11 hype is high.. i care for the 11 more than any jordan myself but i do believe those 13s will interfere with the hype.. those 13s more in demand this year than those 12s where last year...

i 100% agree wit u on dat 1. hype was made even worse when lil wayne made the one line for the space jams in forever
it could go backwards too tho. hype for deez could hurt the 13 sales....especially being that the 13s are a GR

March 3, 2001 will forever be engraved in the memory of those who experienced it that day.

I remember Monday morning at school hearing and sharing the stories with fellow classmates. But that was when the excitement was at it's prime.

Back
Top Bottom