Air jordan VIII Playoffs -Sep 30th - Updated:First official look!!

63ECB68C-61F4-4ECF-95D0-CA266DEC2E2A.jpeg

When they say the October 6 1993 retirement announcement came as a surprise to everyone...😂

I think it was clear enough 3 months prior with this statement on MJ's shoes!

(those are from the Sotherby's auction with every one his Finals Chapionship game worn shoes by the way)

63ECB68C-61F4-4ECF-95D0-CA266DEC2E2A.jpeg

When they say the October 6 1993 retirement announcement came as a surprise to everyone...😂

I think it was clear enough 3 months prior with this statement on MJ's shoes!

(those are from the Sotherby's auction with every one his Finals Chapionship game worn shoes by the way)
Well, allegedly <ike wanted to retire after the repeat, and Phil convinced him to come back to go for 3 which Magic, Bird and Isiah didn't do. And you could tell by his body language that retirement was on his mind.

Crazy how times have changed right? VII and VIII used to be mad popular. Do you think popularity is dying on XIV and XVI?

I remember in the early 2000s people wanted these 8s, then we got them holiday 2007 (actually it was the last holiday release before they focused on the XI for holiday releases). I bought 2 pairs then. It seems like people really wanted these then, but backed off since a bit. It is crazy how they are not as popular, you're right, even the 7s... people like them, but there doesn't seem to be a rush to go after them (I even got a second pair of 2015 hares for under retail on ebay a few months after RD). I don't think the hypebeast crowd pays attention to the XIV and beyond really. Some of those are really good and we need more cws of those models, the Blk/Red XVI specifically. I think demand for those later models are the same or maybe a bit less than the 7&8.

I'm glad resellers and culture vultures think 8s aren't worth the hassle. I doubled up on the '15 Aquas not too long ago for a little over retail but with these Playoffs I will not make the same mistake. These are an instant retail double up! I hope they make so many pairs that they sit so that everyone that truly wants the shoe can get em without worry.
20230130_134525.jpg

I also can't wait to have them sitting next to my Aquas. All that's left after these are the Bugs Bunny's :nerd:

The hype died down for the 2015 retro, but prior to that, the hype was real, I was in Flight Club years ago and tried to talk this kid off the ledge from buying the 07s for $500. This was about 2011/12 I wanna say. Kanye had these kids in a chokehold. I had to tell him it wasn't worth it. I was surprised the 2015 version was available for so long and went on sale.

The hype died down for the 2015 retro, but prior to that, the hype was real, I was in Flight Club years ago and tried to talk this kid off the ledge from buying the 07s for $500. This was about 2011/12 I wanna say. Kanye had these kids in a chokehold. I had to tell him it wasn't worth it. I was surprised the 2015 version was available for so long and went on sale.
I distinctly remember that a lot of dudes who weren't "in the know" were not really feeling the glitter midsole of the '15 release despite such a detail being on the OG '93 release. People loved the '07 Aquas but even more so because like you said, Kanye had been wearing them and as a result hypebeasts flocked en masse to them.

Back
Top Bottom