Air Jordan VI Carmine confirmed for 2014

also, people rocking jordans in large masses is definitely not anything new.

I remember when the 01 black/red XIs dropped. I swear everyone in my high school had them on. all we did was say "you too!!!
laugh.gif
" and keep it moving. definitely nothing that can be done about wearing a popular shoe.
Jordan's ain't never been an exclusive commodity.. All I'm sayin which I said yesterday was I hardly see people in NYC wearing them.

In comparison to the past years when people were wearing them. Now it's just a bunch of little kids buying em to sell em.. To buy hermes belts and Gucci sneakers
This. Dudes be like VVNDS and shoe have mad dirt on it and they still want 80% or more over retail 
laugh.gif
. Hustling backwards I tell you.

i don't have a problem with seeing a bunch of people with the same kicks on after they release because i don't even put mines into rotation till about a year or 2 later so it never bothered me as much.

I think the blogs help JB sell their crap. Most OG colorways will sell but now, the crap colorways sellout before they hit sales and clearance.

This. Dudes be like VVNDS and shoe have mad dirt on it and they still want 80% or more over retail 
laugh.gif
i love when dudes on kixify and ebay list there sneakers as brand new and than in the description they say shoes were worn 1-3 times but there like brand new hahahah

i don't have a problem with seeing a bunch of people with the same kicks on after they release because i don't even put mines into rotation till about a year or 2 later so it never bothered me as much.
+1
I think the blogs help JB sell their crap. Most OG colorways will sell but now, the crap colorways sellout before they hit sales and clearance.
They def help hype everything up. Whether it's subpar quality or not. 

laugh.gif
i love when dudes on kixify and ebay list there sneakers as brand new and than in the description they say shoes were worn 1-3 times but there like brand new hahahah
and the described "worn 1-3 times" actually looks like it was worn 10 times or more. I know what worn once for a few hours looks like. Hell, I've worn certain pairs 5 times and simply wipe them and they look nothing like what people are describing. 

Sometimes I forget what forum im in......

Then I see two replies and remember....

"THIS IS JB FORUM!" - KING LEONIDAS

Last edited by a moderator:
I think blog hypes it in terms showing you what to wear.  This day and age where everyone loves taking selfies, focus is more about appearance it's easy to go to a site and see how you want to look.  Most are familiar with JB and think that they'll get instant prop for sporting them.  This indirectly creates its own hype.  I mean, Kith and those other collabs are throwing out dope shoes and at times for a lot less than a retro J but majority are not running to them in masses because they're not familiar with that brand.

Familiarity and self images is the hypebeast.

ive worn a pair of shoes once for 3 hours and sold em off as brand new before... just watched where i stepped and got home and cleaned the little dirt that was on the bottom, they had no creases.. no way anyone could tell so hey why not at that point? took care of em as if they were brand new so not gonna sell them as used if i dont have to...

also buyer was 100% satisfied with them and positive repped me so whatever.

Last edited:
i hate seeing pads on a damn listing...its either ds or its used no middle ground imo

Last edited:

and the described "worn 1-3 times" actually looks like it was worn 10 times or more. I know what worn once for a few hours looks like. Hell, I've worn certain pairs 5 times and simply wipe them and they look nothing like what people are describing. 
i see it happen to often...it's almost as worse as the ebay sellers with 0 feedbacc selling icey sole XI's and widow'ed up 3's...it's getting flooded with those listings

ive worn a pair of shoes once for 3 hours and sold em off as brand new before... just watched where i stepped and got home and cleaned the little dirt that was on the bottom, they had no creases.. no way anyone could tell so hey why not at that point? took care of em as if they were brand new so not gonna sell them as used if i dont have to...

View media item 992605

I think blog hypes it in terms showing you what to wear.  This day and age where everyone loves taking selfies, focus is more about appearance it's easy to go to a site and see how you want to look.  Most are familiar with JB and think that they'll get instant prop for sporting them.  This indirectly creates its own hype.  I mean, Kith and those other collabs are throwing out dope shoes and at times for a lot less than a retro J but majority are not running to them in masses because they're not familiar with that brand.

Familiarity and self images is the hypebeast.
The problem with that is, you don't physically hold the shoe so you become a slave to hype and become a dumb customer. Just buy what you're told. It's sad, but also fits the target demographic. I'm a little old for it, but I still like shoes, like most of the people here who are out of their teens. I can't tell you how important seeing a shoe and physically holding it plays a part in determining if you buy or not. 

My question to you is, if you wore them for 3 hours and sold them, why buy them in the first place? Was it a one time thing or do you do it regularly? Shoes, like many things in life and other articles of clothing, depreciate in value once worn. I don't get why people who are into shoes don't understand that. That's why I say we (those who buy kicks) are responsible for these increased prices ultimately because we buckled a long time ago giving into paying over retail for a newly released shoe that's been worn. **** is crazy. 

When it comes to everyone wearing the same shoes(ie almost any 11 and these Carmine's) game recoginizes game. Sure some are following a trend or wanting to be cool but how is the parody in diff when the majority of people I see using an iPhone. Or how many BMW, Benzs and 300s on the road. Very few instances where you will be the only one with something and if you are is the price really worth the individuality. Just my opinion. And whoever said Jordan's are headed for a downfall must be young cause they've been selling for yrs with the same shoe and peeps even by og that are beat up and can't even be worn and what brand doesn't put out crap shoes or colorways on good models. Enjoy ya kicks or keep ya $

but they aint brand new they got that 3 hour feet stank! smh

Back
Top Bottom