Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

I saw these on feet at the airport yesterday and I immediately thought fusions? After second glance I realized that it was RD for the black grapes. Hadn't been checking for these because I flat out hated the concept. I mean the Grape V's were one of those beautiful colorways that any time you saw them your face lit up. This 2013 retro for them turned them into the hypegoblins shoe of choice for this year. And if the regular grape V's weren't bastardized enough we get this thoughtless variant. Grape V's with a black upper? :smh:
Aqua VIII's or Grape V's, their isn't an in between

Last edited:
So after trying nearly 24 hours straight, (JJ, FNL, End, calling around, and straight up trying to buy people's off of them) I settled for these as a consolation prize.

They aren't grapes but I had to walk away with something!? Got these and 6 pair of Nike socks for $80.
Come on son.....WTF You gotta have some standards!
sick.gif
Don't give up so easy!

My father ain't nothin to me. So I copped these...

Last edited by a moderator:
got my Black Grapes this afternoon, my connect held me down. they were slightly ashy but nothing major but still dyed the nubuck black.

with flash
View media item 455966
without flash
View media item 455967
now they look more like durabuck

That's pretty sick bro! Can we get some more insight as to how you did this and what type of dye was used? More up close pics if possible.

Props for making the shoe look even better

Probably took a wet towel, applied Ritz powder dye, and just wiped it in.
nerd.gif

I mean truthfully the pair I picked up in person was nice and dark. I'm sure black dye will make them really dark though.

Last edited by a moderator:
So glad I didn't have to go out and see the beasts out for these. I don't like'em. Oh they're rare so I have to add them to the collection. pffft whatever. If you wanted them I hope you got them.
Why is it people who don't care about the shoe come to a thread about the shoe just to put it down? If your'e not interested keep it moving and quit trying to make people feel bad about their new kicks. Hate is like the 8th sense built into todays culture.

So after trying nearly 24 hours straight, (JJ, FNL, End, calling around, and straight up trying to buy people's off of them) I settled for these as a consolation prize.

They aren't grapes but I had to walk away with something!? Got these and 6 pair of Nike socks for $80.

View media item 456603View media item 456604View media item 456605View media item 456606View media item 456607

Hahahahahaha wtf man .. you fell victim to HB .. thats part of the reason they make these other Jordans as consolation cuz kids feel like they need a jordan shoe and its jordan so they ask mom or dad to buy it since they couldnt get the retro ... but man u fell victim and like dude said u gotta have standards there are much better looking Jordan brand shoes than those lol ... to each their own man enjoy your come up

Why is it people who don't care about the shoe come to a thread about the shoe just to put it down? If your'e not interested keep it moving and quit trying to make people feel bad about their new kicks. Hate is like the 8th sense built into todays culture.
Couldn't agree more. Even when people don't intentionally mean to, they still do....

So it's definitely a good idea to hit these with the suede protector I bought a while back from footlocker? Hopefully it makes them look a little less ashy?!

Waittttttt....I'm just gonna assume u already have the bunny 8's, suns 8's, and the crimsons that are still sitting on shelves which is why you chose to go with these. 
indifferent.gif

straight up bro, right now this "expert marketing strategy" is creating hype for the beasts...but turning diehards all the way off
jus let me spend my money on the shoes i want, i can care less who else has them
next release my mentality is not-"u gotta do more to cop"
its go online or fuq it, im over the stress of jordans-the stress is outweighing my dying passion

Same here bro!

Waittttttt....I'm just gonna assume u already have the bunny 8's, suns 8's, and the crimsons that are still sitting on shelves which is why you chose to go with these
he got em cuz the resell value is good on that shoe...its a grail

Last edited:
Decided to just cop white grapes DS for $210 as a consolation prize and wait for the resell prices to go down on these

Back
Top Bottom