Air Jordan V "Black Grapes" QS

Something tells me this release might be like the Thunder IV. Limited at first and then a bunch of restocks to follow. JB might try to do that again.

I got 21 raffle tickets from 6 different stores and I still don't feel comfortable about my odds. The bad thing about the raffle is that it costs nothing to enter, which means that any bum with nothing better to do can fill out the form and get a ticket, whether he has the dough to cop or not. On top of that, the hype is real so a lot of resellers are going for raffle tickets too. Every store I went to had 10+ pages worth of raffle entries. I put 3-4 in at each store but I still don't like my odds. I'd be satisfied with one pair, elated with two. Anything over that I'll report back here and hook someone up locally for retail. We're all in this together.

Makes me think that dudes just RSVP for the heck of it or to test there you know whats. At least nike LEN most if not all pairs are picked up. Tho there allocated stock is still on the low side compared to other nike towns.
Yea, one employee told me tons of people RSVP from out of state depending on others to pick up for them or with no intention of coming. Niketown is a good place to pick up pairs especially when shoes aren't so limited. Don't tell nobody.....

I got 21 raffle tickets from 6 different stores and I still don't feel comfortable about my odds. The bad thing about the raffle is that it costs nothing to enter, which means that any bum with nothing better to do can fill out the form and get a ticket, whether he has the dough to cop or not. On top of that, the hype is real so a lot of resellers are going for raffle tickets too. Every store I went to had 10+ pages worth of raffle entries. I put 3-4 in at each store but I still don't like my odds. I'd be satisfied with one pair, elated with two. Anything over that I'll report back here and hook someone up locally for retail. We're all in this together.
Gee! You guys do really have it tough over there!! Im glad we dont do raffles in australia, its first in line best dressed. (some ppl camp for days for lebrons not jordans, only 1 i can rememebr was the GMP pack that was a overnight camp) The hype sounds massive, you guys hopefully will ALL land at least 1 pair for yourselfs! I got no doubt il get mine, just will mean a very early camp, gonna try my luck getting a 2nd, not out the question. If my friend misses out ill hate it but il sell it to him for retail just because id want the same done for me. Im curious though, these are actually limited as **** arnt they?

Gee! You guys do really have it tough over there!! Im glad we dont do raffles in australia, its first in line best dressed. (some ppl camp for days for lebrons not jordans, only 1 i can rememebr was the GMP pack that was a overnight camp) The hype sounds massive, you guys hopefully will ALL land at least 1 pair for yourselfs! I got no doubt il get mine, just will mean a very early camp, gonna try my luck getting a 2nd, not out the question. If my friend misses out ill hate it but il sell it to him for retail just because id want the same done for me. Im curious though, these are actually limited as **** arnt they?
There are less pairs available than a regular GR but when you combine that with the fact that it's a hyped colorway it's like a limited release. Too many people going after them and less pairs than usual to go around. Resellers are realizing that this is the shoe that will make up for the losses they've been catching lately. Less pairs available + more people interested = hypebeast & reseller's wet dream. People WILL pay $300+ for this shoe come Saturday afternoon and that doesn't help. 

We still have a few FCFS spots in my area so I have a plan B, C & D but this is the first sneaker in awhile that I've wanted and not been sure I could get. I dont do I-III Jordans so neither of those was a concern for me. Last time I was worried about a cop I wanted was the Yeezy's... and I struck out.

They've over-produced every other 5 this year, it wouldn't be hard for me to believe that this release would be like the thunder 4s.

If I strike out on JJ tomorrow night I guess I'll be making a day of finding a pair of these downtown in NYC. It shouldn't be too difficult, only looking for a GS size.

There are less pairs available than a regular GR but when you combine that with the fact that it's a hyped colorway it's like a limited release. Too many people going after them and less pairs than usual to go around. Resellers are realizing that this is the shoe that will make up for the losses they've been catching lately. Less pairs available + more people interested = hypebeast & reseller's wet dream. People WILL pay $300+ for this shoe come Saturday afternoon and that doesn't help. 

We still have a few FCFS spots in my area so I have a plan B, C & D but this is the first sneaker in awhile that I've wanted and not been sure I could get. I dont do I-III Jordans so neither of those was a concern for me. Last time I was worried about a cop I wanted was the Yeezy's... and I struck out.
Yeh i know what ya saying. The thirst is real on these. Pretty similar to white grapes just like u said less pairs and then thatl just being the hype up the the grapes on the day or week after. Ppl definatly will be paying stupid prices for these. Yeezys are a hard as hell cop, so dont use that as a bases on this, goodluck fam! The quality is on point FINALLY JB came to the party!

Agreed. Yeezy was a different beast altogether. Just using that as a comparison. It's not too often when I put in all the work I can & I'm still not sure if I'll be able to cop. I just don't like that feeling. I also agree with the quality I've seen on these. I'm loving it & hope (but I doubt) that JB will keep it up. 

Good luck to you too, brother. Hopefully we both come up by Saturday. It's retail or bust for me. Reseller price is just not in the budget right now.

Last edited:
Well time to wait for that phone call tomorrow to be able to get a pair and if not then ill just go online and try to cop on Saturday. I won't regret these so much if I can't cop

I went to Dtlr today they was passing out tickets. I was last person in line. After passing out tixs on fcfs basis they decide to raffle off the last 3 sizes they had left. I was last so i got last tix. Well what u know called my num. Was lucky but it wasnt my size its an 11. So hopefully i can get a trade for my size.
I'll take it if you don't get your size..

500 people showed up for 160 pairs.....WTF

Why do people that bring their whole family to a line up and cry when a dude who wants one pair skips them. Do they not see it coming? I mean **** at least twenty people jumped in front of the "family"
laugh.gif

Either way. One guaranteed ticket so far. JJ you better ready that bookbag!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. Yeezy was a different beast altogether. Just using that as a comparison. It's not too often when I put in all the work I can & I'm still not sure if I'll be able to cop. I just don't like that feeling. I also agree with the quality I've seen on these. I'm loving it & hope (but I doubt) that JB will keep it up. 

Good luck to you too, brother. Hopefully we both come up by Saturday. It's retail or bust for me. Reseller price is just not in the budget right now.
Yeh true dat. Im know hearing ppl are passing down here, im un sure like you are now. Its a non OG CW which always throws me off, ya cant tell. White grapes ya just know ppl are gonna be there. I dunno on these if ppl will say their gonna cop and end up passing. What would you compare the hype of this shoe to over there? Less the white grapes? Thanks fam, you too. Im with you, no way im paying above retail, full stop. And we shouldnt have too. be interesting. 20 hours til they drop here, ill chuck a photo or two up on here of the line up and how i went and hopefully thatl give you guys some piece of mind. Goodluck. dont stress. Just get up early and beat the slackers

Yeh true dat. Im know hearing ppl are passing down here, im un sure like you are now. Its a non OG CW which always throws me off, ya cant tell. White grapes ya just know ppl are gonna be there. I dunno on these if ppl will say their gonna cop and end up passing. What would you compare the hype of this shoe to over there? Less the white grapes? Thanks fam, you too. Im with you, no way im paying above retail, full stop. And we shouldnt have too. be interesting. 20 hours til they drop here, ill chuck a photo or two up on here of the line up and how i went and hopefully thatl give you guys some piece of mind. Goodluck. dont stress. Just get up early and beat the slackers
The hype in my city is less than White Grapes but there are much less pairs to go around. I guess I'd compare it to the Royal I's but I didn't want them so I'm just going off of what I've heard about that cop. This one, at first seemed to be only true sneakerheads that were interested. Once the resellers figured out that they were "limited" they came out and bought the whole family to get tickets. I can't complain too much, though, because in response I did the same thing. I found three of my boys who didnt want them and hit 6 spots for tickets. There's definitely not as much interest from the general public for these as there was for the white ones but there are far less stores getting them/pairs available. The whites were easy compared to these. I know Foot Locker managers who are not sure if they'll get themselves a pair. Every store I went to had less pairs than usual. Demand went up once word got around that supply was limited.

Last edited:
The hype in my city is less than White Grapes but there are much less pairs to go around. I guess I'd compare it to the Royal I's but I didn't want them so I'm just going off of what I've heard about that cop. This one seems to be only the true sneakerheads that are interested, but once the resellers figure out that people will pay more, they come out and bring the whole family. Not as much interest from the general public for these as there was for the white ones but far less stores getting them/pairs available. The whites were easy compared to these. I know Foot Locker managers who are not sure if they'll get themselves a pair. Every store I went to had less pairs than usual and more demand than usual. 
Thankyou for the info bro, i appreciate it alot. Interesting you say only true sneakerheads. I agree, but its funny when i say that cos some what they call them self 'true sneakerheads" dont buy non og cw's but i agree. The general public arnt as interested in these as the white grapes. From what your saying, the thirst is definatley real. I guess its hard over in aus to tell cos we get them before you guys so i always am in the dark until the day as far as how hard itl be. White grapes were a easy as cop too. Footlocker managers not getting them is a concern. Il be tryna cop 2 then for sure. I know there will be someone i know that misses out and il love to help them and if not, just means i can take my pair straight to the foot game without a worry. Il keep you all posted what its like in the morning here. Nerves are defintley setting in, and choosing a pair of kicks to wear isnt helping lmao!!!! might just go with an unds of something normal like bred 13's il save something special for playoffs.Goodluck fam. damn this sneakerlife shortens our life span alot!!

Back
Top Bottom