Air Jordan V 5 Retro Fire Red "Black Tongue" 8/31

so what's the difference again with the 2006's and the 2013's ?

If the leather is like the recent 5s that came out. The leather should be better imo. The 2006 leather creased like crazy as posted a page or 2 back. I sold my 2006 pair as soon as I heard rumors of these releasing.

air-jordan-v-fire-red-arriving-at-retailers-2.jpg

air-jordan-v-fire-red-arriving-at-retailers-1-900x625.jpg

air-jordan-v-fire-red-arriving-at-retailers-5-900x637.jpg

air-jordan-v-fire-red-arriving-at-retailers-4-900x551.jpg

air-jordan-v-fire-red-arriving-at-retailers-3-900x609.jpg

via nohble

To be honest fire red usually doesn't usually sell out. The FR 3s were not the "favorite", BC are then WC. Metallics easily take "favorite" 5s and grapes became the most hyped. This is the "favorite" of all FR though so if it sells out all depends on the numbers.

I asked this in the green glow thread and will ask it here .... how come we are so, basically, obsessed with whether a shoe sells out or sits? I dont get it. Whats it matter? Does that really affect your decision on whether to buy the shoe or not. And yes i know the circumstance of if its available later you dont have to hurry and buy but i just mean whether to buy them in general. I know for some dudes, who wont admit it, that selling out does determine their love/hate cop/pass mentality ... or is it something you just like to talk about so it can start some childish arguements? All that should matter is that if you like it its available for you to get and youre happy with your purchase, if you dont want it then you just saved yourself some money ... at least IMO, maybe im wrong

lord knows that if they dont sell out in the first few hours the trolls will roll in with the laughin smileys talkin about how they are sitting, but are the sames one who talk about "i remember when you could go in the store hours/days after release and still buy a pair" also get mad when they sell out ASAP

Last edited:
Personally, I'm just shooting the sht on here.  Throwing out my opinion.  It's like a guessing game.  Will something sit or won't it?  Doesn't have anything to do with if I'm going to be picking up the sneaker or not.  I buy whatever I like as long as the materials aren't poor in my eyes.  I have no other criteria for sneaker purchases.

I had no idea people buy or don't buy sneakers depending on if they sit or not.  That sounds a bit ludicrous. 

Personally, I'm just shooting the sht on here.  Throwing out my opinion.  It's like a guessing game.  Will something sit or won't it?  Doesn't have anything to do with if I'm going to be picking up the sneaker or not.  I buy whatever I like as long as the materials aren't poor in my eyes.  I have no other criteria for sneaker purchases.

I had no idea people buy or don't buy sneakers depending on if they sit or not.  That sounds a bit ludicrous. 
Understood 100% .. and I was not directing that at anyone in particular, but what I mentioned is just what I have noticed in different JB/Nike threads since Ive joined

:lol: I hope you got a Jordan brand discount bruh. Going to need it when flipping these.
That's really wishful thinking. Based on the local resell value of the recent GR retros, I'd be surprise if you can even get $40 profit from one pair. Assuming you're paying retail.

I asked this in the green glow thread and will ask it here .... how come we are so, basically, obsessed with whether a shoe sells out or sits? I dont get it. Whats it matter? Does that really affect your decision on whether to buy the shoe or not. And yes i know the circumstance of if its available later you dont have to hurry and buy but i just mean whether to buy them in general. I know for some dudes, who wont admit it, that selling out does determine their love/hate cop/pass mentality ... or is it something you just like to talk about so it can start some childish arguements? All that should matter is that if you like it its available for you to get and youre happy with your purchase, if you dont want it then you just saved yourself some money ... at least IMO, maybe im wrong

lord knows that if they dont sell out in the first few hours the trolls will roll in with the laughin smileys talkin about how they are sitting, but are the sames one who talk about "i remember when you could go in the store hours/days after release and still buy a pair" also get mad when they sell out ASAP

The only difference it makes to me is if I can take my time getting to the store or do I have to wake up early on a Saturday. For fire reds you had people who waited from 12am, while I didn't get there until 8am.

The people who come to gloat over Jordan's sitting I always assume are kids who just started getting in to sneakers within the past three years. They don't know any better and if it sits it makes them feel less desirable.

Last edited:
I think these will be better than the leather on the 06s. The 06s seem to have less layers leather which makes it crease like that around the heel/ankle when you put the shoe in. That's just my guess on it but around my way these are seeming like another easy cop :D

Back
Top Bottom