Air Jordan Retro 5 "Doernbecher" release!! 9/14/13 No BOT TALK/SELLING/BUYING/TRADING

By 8:02 I was done with checking out.

One thing for certain... Meg confirmed that these will be available on the quarterly restock when I asked her what will happen with the cancelled pairs :smokin

Lot of speculation but that's confirmation right there :nerd:

Seems many people are overlooking the fact that "NIKE" donating to charity is an accounting move.  The fact that they made the shoe limited plays into this as well.  Not only are the proceeds donated to the hospital are write offs, you best believe nike is writing off all costs in association with making the shoes.  

Also the DB foundation isn't the only charity Nike donates to, but you best believe they are not going to do anything they will not get tax write-offs for that is business 101. As a corporation you are only allowed so many $$$$ in write-offs per calender year which is broken down easier by fiscal quarters.  The fact that the shoe is limited is only nike marketing at its best.

Actually, Nike is doing a very nice thing with this collection. They choose to do this and could donate in other ways if they wanted.

I would like to correct your accounting though since you decided to give us a lesson. First, all costs are an expense, so they are not just writing off the expense of a DB product but actually every shoe they sell. Secondly, fiscal quarters has nothing to do with the amount of charitable contributions they can make in a year.

One thing for certain... Meg confirmed that these will be available on the quarterly restock when I asked her what will happen with the cancelled pairs :smokin

I just wonder if they will cancel repeat orders like they have done recently. Like people that got December release black red xis were canceled when they restocked the first time (not rereleased).

to each his own. if your okay with keeping all the money then so be it.

if you feel like you have an obligation to donate something to a good cause then good for you.

your right, it's their money and they should do what they want. but why criticize someone who thinks that donating is the right thing to do?

just because nike is ******g over the hospital by limiting quantity or not charging more, shouldn't prevent someone from doing what they feel is the right thing to do.

why get all butt hurt that someone else thinks you should donate. do you.

Who's criticizing people about donating? I said leave the reseller alone about them not donating. You are welcome to donate if you want. No one is criticizing you or anyone else. Donating is a good thing and that should be teach to your kids. Help each other to make the world a better place. Enough about the reseller talk and focus more on the shoe.

Just as I thought.... :nerd:

I just wonder if they will cancel repeat orders like they have done recently. Like people that got December release black red xis were canceled when they restocked the first time (not rereleased).

They were surely checking accounts on that restock. I had a ghost swoosh account for like 4.5 yrs and ordered a couple pairs of Kobes and got a call from Meg :lol: a few hours later. I think that was in late Feb or early Mar. before Meg was none like she is now.

They were surely checking accounts on that restock. I had a ghost swoosh account for like 4.5 yrs and ordered a couple pairs of Kobes and got a call from Meg :lol: a few hours later. I think that was in late Feb or early Mar. before Meg was none like she is now.

thats why i keep saying they dont care because if they wanted to they could stop it all...they just want to do a few cancellations ..strike fear in a few & keep it pushing to the next release

they def clipped ppl who grabbed rd blk/red xi from dbling up on the restock

lol chase that box down homes. You might get permanent ban though.

Last edited:
I would love a pair but no paying 1k so not back on the hunt... Who knows may be able to pick up at NikeSF
smokin.gif
No words from NikeSF yet.. have a feeling they won't put out news until Thrusday morning

that quartely restock is soon 

so far feb april and july.....

these and db3's added to the list

shadows and the hightlight reel 1's

toros fears fire red blk tongues green glows as well

definitely some champ packs

Actually, Nike is doing a very nice thing with this collection. They choose to do this and could donate in other ways if they wanted.

I would like to correct your accounting though since you decided to give us a lesson. First, all costs are an expense, so they are not just writing off the expense of a DB product but actually every shoe they sell. Secondly, fiscal quarters has nothing to do with the amount of charitable contributions they can make in a year.
Not trying to give lessons only pointing out a few facts.  The point I was making is exactly what you stated, they are writing off the expense of the shoes but in addition to this they will be getting the write off for the contribution made from the shoes to charity. 

Also It should be well known that fiscal quarters have nothing to do with charitable contributions, I never said they did, Only making the point that any smart large corporation would break their giving down by quarter vs. trying to track down their contributions given for an entire year.  Seems a more logical way of being prepared for tax time, especially a corporation as large as nike, and if you pay estimated taxes on a quarterly basis this information would obviously be valuable in composing accurate numbers.

Ok this is my current situation. One of my orders got cancelled for ordering more than one per customer (i sent both to the same address on accident) so i got the cancellation email yesterday on one and came up with a GOOD sob story to tell Nike and called them and had the Nike guy sad that they got cancelled and he said he tryed to help but there was nothing he can do and my money would be refunded. Ok cool. Today I got shipping confirmations for both pair and paypal payments for both are completed and both Nike accounts say shipped...so do you think he pushed them through or they'll intercept them? As soon as they hit Vegas i'm calling for will call like dude did tho!

:wow:

how did i miss that... you def won... only way nike can even that up is if they re-charge u (which i dont think they can

do after refunding an authorization IINM)

Good luck bro, bc I am thinking once they scan it the recall will pop up and u wasted gas and time trying to be slick! AGAIN,!!

Man I wish they would have added to my cart on Saturday when I was in that virtual line. But no luck really wanted these. And $1000 is out of my price range for a pair of kicks

Back
Top Bottom